edited June 2018
    Options
    . . . . . :laugh: SO HAPPY :ohwell: . . . . . hfydg9w38jdf.png

• jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    jrmie333 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Never sustained any diet. Have PCOS, Hashimoto, insulin resistant. Just had a baby as well 6m ago. I decided to start with Keto and willing to give it my best. Any tips on snacks please?

SW: 247.8
    CW: 241.5
    JUNE GW: 230-235
    DEC GW: 199
    OVERALL GW: 150

Hello everyone,

A little update. So had some issues with macro and milk supply. I think I have somewhat figure it out until I might feel the need to adjust them again. Also for snacks, i have some boiled eggs, beef jerky, some nuts and they seem to work. I have also upped my water intake. At least 8 cups a day without counting at night. I am losing slowly but still I am. I m doing any exercise besides some gentle yoga stretch.

SW: 247.8
    06/12/2018: 241.5
    CW (06/23/2018): 239.0
    JUNE GW: 230-235
    DEC GW: 199
    OGW: 150
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! @jrmie333 You wont regret trying Keto. This is an inspiring group of folks who know the ropes well. It sounds like you have a lot of good reasons to give it a try. Welcome aboard!!!

Thank you 💖.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how I could've lost 4lbs this week! But I'll take it! I did skip dinner a couple of times last week because my hubby worked nights and I really wasnt hungry. I had celery, or something light as I usually won't make a big dinner just for myself. Only 1 more week in June - let's do this!

March 20 (began keto)
    Starting weight: 221

Jun 1: 204.2
    Sunday 6/3: 201.8 (-2.4)
    Sunday 6/10: 201.6 (-.2)
    Sunday 6/17: 201.2 (-.4)
    Sunday 6/24: 197.2 (-4)
    Saturday 6/30:

Jun goal: 8 lbs.
    65 miles walking/running
    (41 completed)
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    June 1st: 215.4
    Sunday 06/03: 214.0
    Sunday 06/10: 214.0
    Sunday 06/17: 211.2
    Sunday 06/24: 215.2

I'm really struggling with measuring & tracking. I need support getting back in the habit. I need some accountability I think!! It's been too easy to let it slide... urrgh. I've tracked today so far :)
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had guests in town, and man, did I take a break from Keto?!? No worries. Back on track tomorrow but I'm not going to weigh myself today. I'll check in on the last day of this month and the first day of July. I was good until yesterday and then all hell broke loose. How much damage could I have done in a day and a half? I'm not even curious! I am however, flatulent. There it is folks. Anyways, still loving Keto, this challenge, and all you beautiful people!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I'm really struggling with measuring & tracking. I need support getting back in the habit. I need some accountability I think!! It's been too easy to let it slide... urrgh. I've tracked today so far :)

@River Goddess I will be looking for your log on my feed. Will you do the same for me? You have been a mentor for me and I’m sure others on this forum. Believe it or not, it is inspirational to me to see someone who has lost over 100 pounds and been at it over a year admit they are still struggling. I would be honored to serve as your wingman as you get back to the basics of daily logging.

Let’s challenge each other to do a clean keto logging week. I just logged my keto compliant day moments ago. I also changed my profile pic to remind me to get back to the basics.

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options

@River Goddess I will be looking for your log on my feed. Will you do the same for me? You have been a mentor for me and I’m sure others on this forum. Believe it or not, it is inspirational to me to see someone who has lost over 100 pounds and been at it over a year admit they are still struggling. I would be honored to serve as your wingman as you get back to the basics of daily logging.

Let’s challenge each other to do a clean keto logging week. I just logged my keto compliant day moments ago. I also changed my profile pic to remind me to get back to the basics.

@stormywxs288 Yes! THANK YOU! All it takes for me is one person to care for even a moment, and I can pull it together. Knowing that even one person is checking my diary motivates me to log. So thank you... and I'm here for you, too! We both pulled it off today. Let's do it again tomorrow!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

SW 184 09/24.

Sunday 05/27. 153.8

Sunday 06/03. 152.8
    Sunday 06/10
    Sunday 06/17
    Sunday 06/24. 149.2

Yeah! in the 140s and having been on holiday since early June I'd like to take the credit for being wonderful but I've been ill for most of this time and asleep! Back home yesterday, doctor's appointment today and currently awake but as I've just been asleep another 16 hours straight there's hardly time to fit in food!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! I would credit all that sleep with some extra fat burning benefits. I'm right behind you and hoping to catch up soon. Thanks for consistently showing up here and keeping this challenge going!

@stormywxs288 & @River_Goddess You both have been a huge inspiration to me. I will be renewing my tracking commitment along with you, starting this morning. Thanks for all the sage advice and wisdom you both share. I have renewed confidence and control in my life that has been absent for a very long time. You are both apart of helping me get there. Thank you.
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Start Weight (Jan 17, 2018): 265.4 lbs
    May 31: 237.4 lbs

Sunday 06/03: 235.4 (-2.0 lbs)
    Sunday 6/10: 232.0 (-3.4 lbs)
    Sunday 6/17: 233.2 (+1.2)
    Sunday 6/24: 232.4 (-0.8)
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    A few thoughts, after FINALLY getting caught up with all y'all here:
    • Remember, the scale isn't everything - pictures, measurements, and health gains are just as important.
    • Plateaus, staying the same weight, or not losing for a bit, even small regains - those are all part of the overall health process. Consider these things all as "practice maintenance."
    • The body likes stasis...it gets in a rut and stays there. Mixing it up keeps the body guessing. Try different exercises - figure out what you like! Do calorie cycling. Sleep more. Move more. Practice new stress relief techniques. Just try something different.
    • Keto, despite the rapid/consistent losses for some folks, really is a LONG GAME. It's about patience.
    • Remember, after making changes, you need to wait 4 weeks to see the real results of those changes, and 12 weeks if there is any "adjustment" in thinking AND doing, etc.
    • Don't forget to love yourself, no matter what.
    • Guilt is baggage we can leave on the curb, because we don't need it anymore.
    • Y'all are inspiring as all get out!

@KnitOrMiss
    I love this!
    Your insight is awesome (and timely) as always ;)
  • KristinLeeD
    Options

@River_Goddess I've been struggling too. I don't log most weekends depending on what I am doing with my family and I have been totally discouraged with how I've been eating during those times. I have a problem with sugar and when I give in to it, it just grows. I've been more active, but because of how I've been eating on the side, my activity has kept me from gaining, but it's sad to consider it could have been losses. :(

The structure of the days I work makes it so much easier for me to stay on track, but I only work outside the home 4 days per week. I know from my success in March/April that it can be done on my days at home, it just takes me being disciplined (& I've been super rebellious which is counterproductive because rebelling against myself is just....stupid!)

So, feel free to hold me accountable! I need to get back to logging EVERY BITE. We both know from experience that we can do it! You are an inspiration to me and the fact that you are willing to share when the struggle becomes difficult at times is even more of an encouragement. Thank you!
  • KristinLeeD
    Options
    Keto Starting Weight: 153
    Current Weight: 136.5
    June Goal: 128 (8.5 lbs)
    Ultimate Goal: 115

June 1: 136.5
    Sunday 6/3: 136.5
    Sunday 6/10: 133.6 (-2.9)
    Sunday 6/17: 133.6 (ZERO)
    Sunday 6/24: 132.6 (1)
    Sunday 7/01:
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SW - 209.8 (SW for keto 4/15/18 - 206.8)

Friday, June 1 - 188.8
    Sunday, June 3 - 188.4
    Sunday, June 10 - 187.1
    Sunday, June 17 - 184.6
    Sunday, June 24 - 185.8
    Saturday, June 30 -

Not an unexpected gain at all yesterday morning. I went way over on carbs twice this past week, one of them Saturday night. I’ve also taken a huge step up in the frequency and intensity with which I’m working out and have been able to make some pretty big increases in the weight machine room. Today is my birthday, so I decided I’m going to eat as I please and then will jump back into keto tomorrow.

My goal for June was 185. I’m thinking I can probably still make it, just need to really buckle down after today’s celebrations.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sunday 6/3: 246.6
    Sunday 6/10: 245
    Sunday 6/17: 244
    Sunday 6/24: 242.8

Total down: 3.8 lbs for the month of June. Woot! Almost a pound a week! I'm completely happy with that.

NSV for me: I pulled out all of my old clothes (some are as old as 2000-2005) and tried on everything. I'm down 2 pants sizes (because, lets be honest, I don't wear dresses. I wear pants!) and almost to a 3rd pants size down. I feel confident that by the end of summer I'll be down 3 pants sizes! Also, an XL shirt fits me, a little snug, but I can get my old t-shirts on that I used to love! Woo hoo!
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Keto Jan SW: 175
    Current Weight: 159
    June Goal: 157
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 06/03: 160
    Sunday 06/10: 159.5 (06/8)
    Sunday 06/17:159
    Sunday 06/24: 159
    Saturday 06/30:

Had a weekend at a bluegrass festival this weekend. Took all our own food and was very careful when we ate at restaurants a couple of times. I consider it a victory that I didn't gain! I'll weigh in again at the end of the month, but I'll be very surprised if I hit my June goal. I guess it's possible!

@stormywxs288
    I can imagine how discouraged you are. But I also know that you have not come this far without being dedicated and disciplined. I appreciate your honesty and fortitude to keep going! You have helped me more than you know.