Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Mini challenge:

6/25
    Tracking: no
    Calories: I don’t know- we had a big spread for lunch on the last day of school
    Exercise: 1.5 mile run, 2.5 mile walk
    Water 80 oz

6/26
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 4 mile walk and yoga
    Water: 110 oz

That's what you do when there is a big spread for lunch on the last day.....you just enjoy!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    6/26-
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-no

We had a work celebration and I volunteered to scoop the ice cream....and I’m proud to say I didn’t have any ice cream or pizza either! I had my lunch that I brought instead. Man that was hard!

Way to stick to your guns, Kim!! Maybe volunteering was a good strategy....it kept you too busy to eat!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: June Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 188.5
    Current Weight: 193

Bloody hell :neutral:

What's going on, Mel?! Talk to us!! Think about what you were doing when you were having all of your success, and compare that to now. What's different? You used to post on here daily, or almost daily, but that's just what I can see.
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge: 6/27
    Exercise: 2 mile trail run, 4 mile trail walk
    Water 90 oz
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge:
    Wed 6/27
    Exercise: no

I had to go pick my wife up from the airport after work and then we went out to dinner. I didn’t have time to get to the gym but I made a healthy choice at dinner and stayed under calories.
    Unsure about how my weigh-in will go tomorrow but fingers are crossed for even a small loss
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    6/27:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-yes- walked at lunch today
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge - June 27th

logged food: yes
    under calories: no, over by 15
    exercise: no, rainy day and I had errands to do
    water: 3 litres

I was just happy that today was not a free-for-all carb fest like yesterday was!! It started Monday night. I had calories to spend, I was craving chocolate and I was low on protein. So I thought I would walk to the grocery store and buy a protein bar and kill all three birds with one stone! After the protein bar, my macros and calories were bang on, but the protein bar wasn't all that good (cookie dough flavour) and it definitely wasn't a Snickers Bar, which was what I was really craving!! Because I wasn't actually satisfied by my choice, I continued to snack on everything in the house. And because of these choices so close to bedtime, I didn't sleep worth a darn! So, a very exhausted Lisa the next day ate everything in sight and sat on her butt for most of the day!!

Moral of the story....if you have the calories to spend and are craving a Snickers Bar, have a Snickers Bar!!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    6/27
    Exercised: yep P90x3 eccentric lower
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
    Water: 10 glasses
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    June 27
    Tracking- yes
    Under calories- yes
    Exercise- yes (YouTube walking video 20 mins)

@ HASWLRS I agree.
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mini challenge
    6/26
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes Walking on work break and I started some basic stretching exercises.

6/27
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes The puppy got released to go on "short" walks. She doesn't understand "short" and was not happy with a 10 min walk. So she tried to join in on the stretching exercises.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    mini challenge
    6/26
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes Walking on work break and I started some basic stretching exercises.

6/27
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes The puppy got released to go on "short" walks. She doesn't understand "short" and was not happy with a 10 min walk. So she tried to join in on the stretching exercises.

That paints a cute picture in my mind...you and Brandy stretching! Glad she got the okay from doc to start walking again!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    June 28
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 182
    Current- 182

• HASWLRS
    Options
    June 28
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 182
    Current- 182

That's okay....we can't lose every week! And you didn't gain, that's important! You are continuing to do your workouts and eat at a deficit, so you are setting yourself up well to lose again next week!! Stay the course and it will happen!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    June 27

Exercise: yoga & meditation , bike ride to & from work, 2.5 mile hike up to water tower, arms done & bootcamp for my challenge
    Steps 11703
    Water 128 oz

Happy Thursday
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mini Challenge - June 27th

logged food: yes
    under calories: no, over by 15
    exercise: no, rainy day and I had errands to do
    water: 3 litres

I was just happy that today was not a free-for-all carb fest like yesterday was!! It started Monday night. I had calories to spend, I was craving chocolate and I was low on protein. So I thought I would walk to the grocery store and buy a protein bar and kill all three birds with one stone! After the protein bar, my macros and calories were bang on, but the protein bar wasn't all that good (cookie dough flavour) and it definitely wasn't a Snickers Bar, which was what I was really craving!! Because I wasn't actually satisfied by my choice, I continued to snack on everything in the house. And because of these choices so close to bedtime, I didn't sleep worth a darn! So, a very exhausted Lisa the next day ate everything in sight and sat on her butt for most of the day!!

Moral of the story....if you have the calories to spend and are craving a Snickers Bar, have a Snickers Bar!!

Lesson learned EAT The snickers lol
    Today is a new day
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    June 27

Exercise: yoga & meditation , bike ride to & from work, 2.5 mile hike up to water tower, arms done & bootcamp for my challenge
    Steps 11703
    Water 128 oz

Happy Thursday

That's a lot of exercise! Anytime you see someone list "boot camp" you know they are serious about getting a burn on!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    June 28
    Weigh in day - Thursday
    Previous- 250.8
    Current- 250.4

Why oh why can I NOT get out of the 250s. No lies here, even though this was a loss I was beyond pissed off this morning. Yes I went over calories on Sunday but it wasn’t a full on binge. I just made ONE bad meal decision that put me over calories just a little. And I still killed myself at the gym three straight days and ate perfectly the three days following. I feel like I am cursed to see 2 & 5 as the first two numbers of my weight.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    June 28
    Weigh in day - Thursday
    Previous- 250.8
    Current- 250.4

Why oh why can I NOT get out of the 250s. No lies here, even though this was a loss I was beyond pissed off this morning. Yes I went over calories on Sunday but it wasn’t a full on binge. I just made ONE bad meal decision that put me over calories just a little. And I still killed myself at the gym three straight days and ate perfectly the three days following. I feel like I am cursed to see 2 & 5 as the first two numbers of my weight.

I feel your frustration, Erik! The simple possibilities are that you have set your daily calorie goal too high, you are overestimating your exercise burns and/or eating back too many of those calories, or your logging isn't as accurate as it could be. Beyond that gets beyond me. Some people do better with certain diets...low carb, no dairy, higher protein, vegan, etc, but I am in no position to recommend. Changing up your exercise, thereby keeping your body guessing is something else people do when weight loss stalls. Whatever you do, don't give up. Just keep on trying something until you find what works!!
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 6/28
    Exercise: 2 mile walk and yoga
    Water: 100 oz
This discussion has been closed.