Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• eastgapeach
    eastgapeach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Jaleesa and it is my first day of doing Keto so I am still pretty new. I've noticed in the past that I did better when I ate less carbs than veggies and so I decided to try and be healthier with how I eat. I am just getting the hang of the macros but I think I will get the hang of it. The hardest part for me will be maneuvering around my husband since he eats what he wants when he wants. lol My main goal is to feel better. I enjoy running and I think that the better I am about my diet it will help me become more active in my running and lifting.
  • dnitz54
    dnitz54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Artemis. Yesterday was my first day fully following a Keto diet. I’ve eased myself into the diet because; Hi, my name is Artie and I’m a carb addict. For real. I’ve been booking up and reading on Keto, ordered a couple cookbooks, made some bone broth and found an experienced Keto person. I think my hesitation to jump in is fear of failure. I tried the Atkins diet years ago and got god awful sick. So yesterday went well. I love bulletproof coffee, so that’s a win/win.
    I’m 64 5’5”. 180lbs.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    RADA9933 wrote: »
    Hello All. My name is Fred. I'm not new to Ketogenics, I've been doing it since Feb 2018.

I can tell you, it works. From Jan 23, through May 11 (109 Days), I lost 54 pounds following a strict Keto program.

Here's a little background on where I was, and where I am now.

NOTE: I actually started my keto lifestyle change on Feb 26. It took me a month to research everything before I actually started.

About a month before I started my Keto journey, I visited my doctor on 01/23/2018.

My weight: 284.6 lbs, Body Mass Index: 42.00. On two Blood Pressure Meds. LDL: 144 I had terrible hip, knee, and ankle soreness from carrying all that extra weight.

My Doctor’s visit on 05/11/2018: Weight: 230.6 lbs Body Mass Index: 34.24 LDL: 103

On one Blood Pressure med vs. two. No hip, knee, ankle, or foot pain anymore.

I took the last month and a few days off since I was heading to Ireland, Scotland, and England on vacation in early June.

I'm jumping back on the KetoTrain today full time. I've got another 30 or so, pounds I want to get rid of.

Thanks for reading, please feel free to let me know if you want any help. I'll answer any questions I can.

F

Really impressive
  • momof3oh
    momof3oh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Crystal. I started the Keto diet today, and also got a gym membership to Planet Fitness. I had 3 kids within 4 years, and started eating too much and not well. I am currently at 195. I want to be at 135. I plan on doing Keto, and gym 5-6 times a week.
  • zonnebloem69
    zonnebloem69 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Zonne. I started a little last week but only serious as of today. I would like to loose 20kg. I have been up and down for many years but every time I end up higher. I have to put a stop to that. I have a desk job and after work to lazy/tired to do any form of exercising.
    Feeling better, looking better and fitter those are my goals.
    Good luck everyone and I am glad to be here
  • jbutler9402
    jbutler9402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jenna and I've had a MFP account for awhile but never used it. I just turned 40 and I know I have to get serious about my health and my weight. Everyday for the past 10 years I have told myself that its time to do something, well guess what. 10 yrs flew by and im still 40 lbs heavier! Im trying to incorporate the keto way of eating into my lifestyle, but honestly its confusing trying to start out. I have no idea if i set my macros to the right amount or not. So much info on the internet and not really sure who or what to follow. Any starting advice would be much appreciated!
  • zonnebloem69
    zonnebloem69 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in the same situation. I just joined the Keto group maybe there someone can guide us
  • TravelGurrl
    TravelGurrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I am Ann, from San Antonio, TX. I have battled weight issues pretty much of my adult life.
    At the wonderful weight of 273 pounds I tried Jenny Craig several years ago and dropped nearly 60 pounds., But then I was diagnosed with several health issues (RA, Lupus). I kind of went into a depression during that time and gained about 20 of it back. Earlier this year I learned I will need my left knee replaced - too many years of carrying all this extra weight have worn away all of the cartilage.
    I thought about going back to Jenny Craig again, but just couldn't bear the thought of eating all that pre-packaged food... so I started researching other diets. I considered the Whole 30, but it seemed pretty complicated with the specific foods. A friend of mine started Keto and she looks amazing! After reading about it, I decided that's the route I wanted to go. I kind of get the benefits of the Whole 30 but there's a little more leeway and fewer restrictions.
    I just got back from a week's vacation in Puerto Vallarta, so I've been spend the last couple of weeks learning about the Ketogenic lifestyle. I finally "officially" started this WOE today!
    Of course I'm still learning and soaking up all I can about it. I'd love for this to be an active group! You are welcome to friend me for support!
  • nancebox7
    nancebox7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Nix and hubby and I are starting Keto for the first time today. We are excited and looking forward to it. I have tons of weight to lose and hubby only a small amount. We are not hooked on sugar so we think this diet will be good for us. However, I am a salt carb addict and will need to stem my cravings for snacks that are fried and salty. Any tips would be most welcomed. We have read alot about this diet on various sites and seems like they contradict each other alot. Guess we will have to just work it out ourselves based on what works for us. Happy to find kindred spirits to chat with. Please provide any tips you think important. Good luck everyone with your struggles.........
  • Grandmacabbage
    Grandmacabbage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 of Keto diet for me. I’ve adjusted MFP to add in fiber and took out sugar in the nutrient settings. I used a keto calculator to get my daily intake goals. I still feel a little weird about eating more fat, but I am giving it 100%. I’ve got about 20 to 25 pounds to lose. I workout and do light strength training too.
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    SuperSaiyanGoddess86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am 32 and started the keto diet last week. My starting weight was 249 and I do not know if i lost anything since I don't have a scale. I have been sticking to under 30 carbs a day, no sugar, and starches. I have been doing camp gladiator 3 times a week along with body pump 2 times a week and walking 15 miles a week. I am also on phentermine. Hopefully I can lose at least 20 lbs this month. I will get weighed when I go in on the 28th. Wish me look and good luck to all of you guys.