TEAM: Gutbusters (August)

Options

Replies

• WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sara41164 wrote: »
    That leads me to my next question. What type of lifestyle change or diet is everyone doing? Counting calories or carbs, Beachbody, Atkins, Keto, etc.........? What works best for you?

Nutrisystem. Busy life. Single. On the go always between work and soon to be school. Did it once about 10 years ago , lost 50ish pounds and kept the weight off until recently

• grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Right now I'm calorie counting and much more walking and being more active in general. Soon I'll be starting a beach body program called turbo jam. I have a few laying around and this one is the easiest of them. I need to reclaim my workout room. That's an accomplishment all by itself
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    That leads me to my next question. What type of lifestyle change or diet is everyone doing? Counting calories or carbs, Beachbody, Atkins, Keto, etc.........? What works best for you?

I am doing the keto diet. I am starting week 8 today and have already lost 23 pounds.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi, Everyone :)

I'm MJ, age 48, female, 5'4, Southerner living in New England, wife to husband of 15 years and mom to 12 year old daughter, this is my 2nd month on Team Gutbusters!

A little about me....I've been really struggling with my weight the last 5 years and been watching the scale inch up (high of 172) further and further until I didn't even recognize myself in the mirror. I was healthy and slim/fit my entire life until my 40's when life stresses and running injuries caused weight gain through bad eating habits, excessive alcohol consumption and the inability to work out like I wanted.

I have taken a break from long distance running (due to repeated injuries) and am now focusing on eating the healthiest I can and exercising with a focus on strength building not cardio. I completed The Betty Rocker 30 Day challenge last month, which is all body weight exercises and am currently in week 2 of her 90 Day Challenge. I have seen major improvements in my strength and endurance since starting these workouts, and amazingly my stress levels have gone down as well. I am running short distances 2-3 times a week and as a "recovering" endurance running this has been hard, I want to run longer. But I am a work in progress and these shorter distances are what my body needs now. I am finding that I can still get some of the mental benefits of running even at this reduced level. Plus I am really rediscovering my joy in running by being able to run pain free with no stress of what I have to accomplish each week of a rigid training schedule.

Nutrition wise, I do IF 16:8, and limit gluten, dairy, sugar, alcohol, and processed foods within reason. I make exceptions where/when necessary and don't consider it cheating, just a different life choice for that day.

My starting weight for Gutbuster's in July was 165.8 and my week 4 weigh-in was 159.2. I lost 6.6 lbs and reached my goal of being under 160. My new goal for August is to be in the 152's or lower.

Looking forward to a great month with everyone!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh in Week: August Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 159.2
    Today's Weight: 156.3
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @ahelgers10
    I've been interested in learning more about keto. Seems people either love it or hate it. Gonna have to read up on it and see what it's all about.
  • biblebabe588
    biblebabe588 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OK, I am totally a dork and i cant remember my beginning weight when i started this competition. how do i find out.
  • jacieretz
    jacieretz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: Jacieretz
    Weigh in Week: August Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 200
    Today's Weight: 199.4
  • biblebabe588
    Options
    OK, I am totally a dork and i cant remember my beginning weight when i started this competition. how do i find out.

i found it sorry about that!
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Username: Metubal
    Weigh in week: August Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 172.2
    Today's weight: 167.2
  • sara41164
    sara41164 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @bilblebabe588 You should be able to go to the weightwatchers thread and scroll up and find where you posted it. That’s what I had to do, cause I couldn’t remember either.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @biblebabe588 @sara41164 You can head over the main group page at any time and use the link for the August spreadsheet. All of the weights are available for the entire month as it progresses. Also, there are other useful pages and links, feel free to browse.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113559-the-biggest-loser-monthly-challenge

• AB0215
    Options
    cheeso1 wrote: »
    What date is first weigh in please

@cheeso1 Your weigh in day is Monday, so your first weigh in is Monday 7/30.
  • biblebabe588
    Options
    @AB0215 Thank you i did find it and ready to weight in on Thursday
  • AB0215
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    I've been interested in learning more about keto. Seems people either love it or hate it. Gonna have to read up on it and see what it's all about.
    @grebber1 Might I suggest starting here: ruled.me Really good information for beginners.
  • AB0215
    Options
  • brunchowl
    brunchowl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    user ID: brunchowl
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Last week: 163.2
    Today: 164.4

Not a great start! But I have done a lot of meal prep and will hope for a better week.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    eevang wrote: »

Calorie counting and protein/carb/fat aware :)

Same here!

Also, @eevang, great advice about cooking for family, and I love your suggestions -- I'll definitely be sure to try out roasting pans of veggies more in the fall. Also, do you buy riced cauliflower/broccoli blend, or do you make it yourself? I haven't seen it in my usual grocery store.
This discussion has been closed.