Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    JLPadron86 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Week 1 does start Sunday Sept 2, please post your weights for September starting Sunday.

So if my weigh in day is Saturday my first weigh is next Saturday?

@JLPadron86 That's right, your first weigh in is next Saturday 9/8 :smile:
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    I won't be able to weigh in until the 4th is that fine?

@FireVixen_Fayth Your weigh-in day looks to be on Tuesday's..is that correct? If so, that would be the 4th and right on time!

Alright perfect. I don't work Tuesday and Wednesday which is why I prefer it xD
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    JLPadron86 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Week 1 does start Sunday Sept 2, please post your weights for September starting Sunday.

So if my weigh in day is Saturday my first weigh is next Saturday?

Yup, next Saturday (Sept 8th)
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kelly. This is my first time joining the challenge and I'm looking forward to the additional accountability of all you internet strangers relying on me to help the team win!

A little about myself -- 42yo F from Ontario, Canada. I'm married with two kids (18yo boy and 19yo girl). I'm about to be a semi empty-nester as we move the kids off to the University this weekend. I work from home in a pretty stressful job so I'm on the hunt for some new hobbies so that my job doesn't become my entire life without the kids around to keep me busy.
    My starting weight is 170.6lbs and my weigh in day is Thursday. I hope to lose 5-7lbs this month.

Hi Kelly! Nice to meet you.
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kelly. This is my first time joining the challenge and I'm looking forward to the additional accountability of all you internet strangers relying on me to help the team win!

A little about myself -- 42yo F from Ontario, Canada. I'm married with two kids (18yo boy and 19yo girl). I'm about to be a semi empty-nester as we move the kids off to the University this weekend. I work from home in a pretty stressful job so I'm on the hunt for some new hobbies so that my job doesn't become my entire life without the kids around to keep me busy.
    My starting weight is 170.6lbs and my weigh in day is Thursday. I hope to lose 5-7lbs this month.

Welcome to the team!
    I am also from Canada.. Newfoundland :)
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hi all, this will be my 7th month with the team! I had some good losses the first few months but have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds now since July. I am ready to recommit now and hope to lose (and keep off) 5 pounds this month. For exercise I like to walk, do water aerobics and recently joined a gym to do strength training. What does everyone else like to do for exercise?
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hello Team Run Track Minds and Welcome to September!!

My name is Tracy @tlgale I will be your captain for this month.

I added a little about myself in my previous comment, please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month as well.

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Challenge this month: Daily Posts/Ultimate Accountability

First and foremost is that participation in the challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle". This is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals or Day: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your weekly weigh in posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier to track.

Welcome to September! Let's make it a great month!!
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!!!!
  • Hobii18
    Hobii18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, sorry I though I didn't have to weigh in until next Sunday as week one, oops!

Hobii18
    Sept 2, 2018 (week 1)
    Pw: 212
    Cw: 210.2
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    9-2-18
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes under a bit
    Exercise: Yes walking around 2.5-3.5 kph and did around 115 minutes I think
    Goals or Day: my goal is a fairly high one but I'm working on it hard, and I mean hard. I've done it before and will again. I promise that!
  • BrendanScrote
    BrendanScrote Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Playmates,

Please forgive my tardiness in posting but I will be trying to check in as often as I can, I'm 56 years old and from the UK, I'm fairly active compared to what I was a few months ago ... currently have restarted C25K (W1D3 later today) and I' averaging around 6K steps a day which I am looking to increase.

Good luck to all, feel free to add me, my vitals below

Name:BrendanScrote
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    W1 Weight: 273

I'm fairly new to all this (despite having joined MFP 5+ years ago) so please let me know if anything is missing from the above.
  • tlgale
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hobii18 wrote: »
    Hey, sorry I though I didn't have to weigh in until next Sunday as week one, oops!

Hobii18
    Sept 2, 2018 (week 1)
    Pw: 212
    Cw: 210.2

@Hobii18 Great loss!!
  • tlgale
    edited September 2018
    Options
    9-2-18
    Calories: Yes under a bit
    Exercise: Yes walking around 2.5-3.5 kph and did around 115 minutes I think
    Goals or Day: my goal is a fairly high one but I'm working on it hard, and I mean hard. I've done it before and will again. I promise that!

@FireVixen_Fayth 115 mins..wow, great burn!!
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hello Playmates,

Please forgive my tardiness in posting but I will be trying to check in as often as I can, I'm 56 years old and from the UK, I'm fairly active compared to what I was a few months ago ... currently have restarted C25K (W1D3 later today) and I' averaging around 6K steps a day which I am looking to increase.

Good luck to all, feel free to add me, my vitals below

Name:BrendanScrote
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    W1 Weight: 273

I'm fairly new to all this (despite having joined MFP 5+ years ago) so please let me know if anything is missing from the above.

@BrendanScrote Hi, welcome to the team!!
    I've also been on MFP for years but only getting into it lately. The only thing I would add for next time is your previous weeks weight, thanks!
  • tlgale
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 30 min. walk
    Goals or Day: I had a nice NSV yesterday...I didn't have to stop and catch my breath during my walk! The park that I went to kind of does a loop where you go on an incline one way. About a month or so ago when I was there I had to stop twice and this time I didn't have to at all.
  • redrob1966
    redrob1966 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Team I'm Rob,

this will be my third month in this group, last month due to work and holiday was not my best. I have decided using this to help me get fit and get back to competing in some long distance events. trying to keep an average of over 10k steps a day which last month although I achieved over 360k steps for the month wasn't every day I achieved the 10k so looking to do better and even more this month.

good luck to all and lets have a great month.

Rob
  • tlgale
    Options
    @BrendanScrote your weigh in day seems to be Saturday on the spreadsheet, was it suppose to be Sunday?
  • kellyjellyjeanbean
    Options
    9-2-18
    Calories: Over daily allotment but under w/exercise
    Exercise: Yes 25 minutes Jillian Michael's circuit + DIY job for at least 60 minutes that included up and down from the floor to measure and cut plus up and down stairs repeatedly (building platform bed). I categorized this as gardening in MFP???
    Goals for Day: we were moving my daughter to her house for University. My goal was to enjoy my meals but not totally break the calorie bank with the 2 meals we ate on the road. We move my son today so I have a similar goals
  • kellyjellyjeanbean
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    Welcome to the team!
    I am also from Canada.. Newfoundland :)

My father's family is from Newfoundland. I did a road trip there visiting St. John's and surrounding areas with my sister and grandmother a few years ago. My grandmother grew up in an orphanage in St. John's. We spent time with family I had never met, toured coast lines and drove for hours through the rugged countryside. It was a great trip timed perfectly, just before my Grandma's long slide into alzheimers. Great memories.
This discussion has been closed.