Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Sept 5
    Exercise: Yes, hauling rocks for yard and other odd jobs, moving furniture for carpet cleaners
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

@Rocknut53 I thought the name "Rocknut" meant you were into hiking and climbing, but now I see hauling rocks is part of it, too! :smile: Nothing like taking care of yard and house work to make you grateful for functional strength, right?

The reality: I'm a geologist, but yea, everything else fits, except the climbing part. I am a has been when it comes to climbing.

@Rocknut53 A geologist! My crystals-obsessed 6-year old would have so many questions for you! Do you have a particular focus? Do geologists focus on eras, or places, or types of rock, or all of the above? (Guess it turns out that the 6 year old is not the only one with lots of questions....)

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sept 7
    Exercise: Sort of, walking between train stations
    Calories: Maybe?
    Tracked: Sure tried

Long commute day yesterday and dinner was catered Indian food for a work event. I enjoy Indian food and had a small plate, but it was really hard to tell how much I actually consumed of each portion. For one chicken dish, I was able to find a big clump of chicken, but mostly everything was kind of soupy and probably carb-heavy? Kept the rice to a minimum, had a quarter piece of naan.

Anyway, it was a long day, and I got home after everyone else was in bed, and I was up before everyone this morning to exercise, since I missed my regularly scheduled workout yesterday due to the commute (normally Saturday is my off-day). And of course the little dudes have a supersonic hearing in the morning, which means that because I'm up early, they are.... :neutral:
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sept 7th
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 8
    Exercised?: Yes. 3km in 23 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Quick flying session at the club this morning, then final work for Spain before walk.

Stupid AM (5:00) flight to Spain. 23 hours airport to airport. Going to be a long day and night.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 08 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    September 6
    Exercise: Not intentional, but got over 12k steps
    Calories: Yes

September 7
    Exercise: Yes - kickboxing

Sorry I am a little inconsistent with these! I coach and on game nights I'm out for the count when I get home since I get to school at 7 am and don't get home until 8 pm or so :D

@caitlynns727 No need for apologies as I see it - we all participate at the level we can, that makes sense for our needs.

What are you coaching? Soccer? Field hockey?

Volleyball :) it's so much fun!
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week: September Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 158.6
    Today's Weight: 158.0
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi team, I'm Emma, 35 and from London UK. You'll have to forgive me for my late contribution to the September thread - I've just returned from my wedding and mini honeymoon! Since I joined this group in October 2017 I've lost over 50lbs and this group has been a huge part of that journey. I can't thank my teammates enough for their help and advice - if you want to achieve your goals this is the place to be!

I hit my target weight for my wedding of 179lbs (starting weight 235lbs September last year) and am now aiming to hit around 160lbs for my big honeymoon trip in December. I hope to be more active in the group in the coming weeks but I now have less than 3 weeks until the art gallery I work for opens in central London, there are going to be some long nights ahead!

@AB0215 and @craigo3154 - sorry for late weigh in this week, only just arrived home this evening - will weigh in tomorrow morning. Hope the damage from the post-wedding celebrations and 4 days in Tuscany isn't a huge set back!
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sep 8th
    Exercised: No
    Calories under: Yes

I'm so motivated on reaching my goal that I don't want anything to slow down my weight loss right now. Not many lbs left.
  • baby_carrit
    baby_carrit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Baby_carrit
    Saturday
    Pw 190
    Cw 189
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sept 8th
    Exercised: No
    Calories: A little over

Heading out of town and off the grid for a few days. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 9
    Exercised. Yes Walking
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
    Did a lot of walking today.
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    September 8
    Exercise: Yes - 9round
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 178.9
    Last week's weight (not reported): 181lbs
    Todays Weight: 186lbs

Sorry for the gain team, but not as bad I expected after honeymoon!
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous- 307.8
    Current- 303.4
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 9
    Exercised?: No.
    Calories?: Most likely
    Tracked?: No

Over 24 hours in travel. Most of the time with no internet connection, so no tracking (as yet).

Over 10,000 steps between gates (so it could classify). Also did regular 5 min lunges and stretches while on the plan.

Will put in todays tracking tomorrow (as I remember everything I ate and portion sizes).

@emmclean. Hope you had a great wedding. Don't stress any gains. It's a special time. Enjoy it. Hopefully you only do it once (Im still happily married after 28 years, so I've only experienced one wedding :) ).

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 09 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • mycocoabubbles
    mycocoabubbles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Username: Mycocoabubbles
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 228.4 lb
    Todays Weight: 226.8 lb
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 10