LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's Monday, Week 2!! Happy Weigh-In Day to:

@Be_Lively
    @cheeso1
    @Clarkski262
    @eevang
    @metubal
    @mthomas0228 -- gotcha already - well done on your loss!
    @mycocoabubbles -- ditto!
    @pilpolf
    @Sophiegreeny
    @westray16

• grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @leslckaBod
    I just came off one of them weeks. I think last Thursday was just a bad weigh in day because I'm looking to have my best loss weeks this week. Well.... as long as things go well the rest of the week. Thursday is far away still.
    Just goes to show from week to week your weight can go any direction. Especially if you have an off-day you're trying to make up for.

• LesIckaBod
    edited September 2018
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    @leslckaBod
    I just came off one of them weeks. I think last Thursday was just a bad weigh in day because I'm looking to have my best loss weeks this week. Well.... as long as things go well the rest of the week. Thursday is far away still.
    Just goes to show from week to week your weight can go any direction. Especially if you have an off-day you're trying to make up for.

@grebber1 Keep up the good fight, and we'll celebrate your win on Thursday here together. Thursday is far away and gives you more time to own that scale!!

I've been on plan today and just exercised. I'm already down a pound from this morning (you hear that, scale? I'm coming for you!). Also, got dressed and realized my pants are so loose they look like Higgins' pants from Magnum PI (open spoiler for Higgins pic). Not quite the look I was aiming for after weight loss....
    MagnumCardHiggins.jpg
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sep 10th
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Had an awesome upper body workout today. Also bicycled for 15 minutes. Gonna head to the gym tomorrow aswell. Trying to cut back a bit on carbs again, since I've had a few heavy carb days.. My weight won't budge if I eat over 50 grams of carbs, even if I stick to 1200 calories.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Westray16
    Week 2 September Monday
    PW 195 lbs
    CW 194 lbs
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Username: Metubal
    Weigh in Week: September Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 162
    Today's Weight: 160.5

Deck finished! In 12 hours, I'm flying to Turkey!
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    B_Lively
    Sept Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 222
    CW: 218
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sept wk 2
    Mon
    PW 149
    CW 150.5

Gone up 1.5 but hopefully it’s just bloat as I actually feel and look slimmer. I had a very active weekend and every muscle aches!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 11 Week 2
    Exercise Yes. Walked just over 3 km on the treadmill
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Today I'm looking for a weigh-in from:

@littleflutterby
    @eevang (from Monday)

Also, we had a few who I didn't get weigh-ins from a week ago. Be sure to weigh in this week to stay on the spreadsheet this month. Here's who I'm looking for:

@jaygirl3
    @cheeso1
    @Clarkski262
    @sophiegreeny
  • LesIckaBod
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Gutbuster Week 1 Results:

Way to go, Gutbusters! We finished in second place with a 0.80% loss as a team. Slimsons beat us with only 0.89%.

Here are our top three team losers for Week 1:
    1st - @pilpolf - 2.96%
    2nd - @akerra27 - 2.87%
    3rd - @fe452436 - 2.47%

We're in the midst of Week 2 now, and there's plenty of September left. No matter what that scale tells you today, there's plenty of time to assess your progress, evaluate your methods, and take the actions that will get you closer to your goals, whatever they are.

Question for the day
    What are you proud of - either a scale victory or NSV - from Week 1, that can help motivate you in Week 2?

For me, I'm finally making some progress on push-ups! Yes, I still do them from my knees, but I can do about 5 or 6 all the way down and back up again at a reasonable pace before I get shaky. I even did 5 "staggered hand" push-ups a couple days ago. For someone who had trouble just doing the negative portion without crashing to the floor back in April, when I started focusing on my exercise, this seems unbelievable. Even better, I actually feel stronger, and that feeling is helping me get back down to the basement for exercise each day to keep moving ahead.

• grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Note to self. When looking in fridge in the morning to pull out lunch for the day at work and you tell yourself, "hey, I'll drink my shake for breakfast at work", bring the shake.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happy with my loss and surprised because I didn't not do so well over the weekend. We had a grill cook quit last week so I am working on the grill line this week. The heat back there should help me burn some extra calories. I am also taking the kids to the fair this week, so I have to stay away from the fair foods. I can't really afford that overpriced junk anyways so that helps out a bunch.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 10
    Exercised?: Yes (20 mins walk to and from office from hotel)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Tiring day. 6 hours sleep, then work in a new country (and language). 8 hours time zone change so add jet lag into the mix.

Too late for breakfast, lunch was a sandwich (all that was available). Was almost 24 hours from last meal on Sunday to lunch on Monday and was feeling feint.

Exhausted when I got back to hotel after long work day (8:00am - 8:30pm).

Must remember to bring protein bars to work as lunch was 2 hours later than expected.

September 11
    Exercised?: Yes (20 mins walk to and from office from hotel)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Still not enough sleep (not in time zone yet).

Feeling out of depth in Spanish (only had about 6 weeks to pick up enough to get by). Barely managing. Can read it OK (just), but understanding real time conversation from native speakers in still very tough (get about 40% of the words and it takes time to filter out meaning and context). Fortunately the work team can speak english (and one or two of the client team), so communication of difficult points can be translated to and from english.

Very tiring.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 11 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Going to celebrate a friends birthday tomorrow at an amazing pizza place. They have great salads but drench it in dressing with no option for dressing on the side. Still thinking that’s the lesser of the evils... maybe a small salad and a kid size cheese pizza.

Kind of nervous. Sigh. Wish i could just say something came up but I can’t... she’s a really good friend. Wish me luck!
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Username: Bendiz_
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 172.6
    Today's weight: 171.7
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 12