TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Going to celebrate a friends birthday tomorrow at an amazing pizza place. They have great salads but drench it in dressing with no option for dressing on the side. Still thinking that’s the lesser of the evils... maybe a small salad and a kid size cheese pizza.

Kind of nervous. Sigh. Wish i could just say something came up but I can’t... she’s a really good friend. Wish me luck!

@WishfulThinning18 I have trouble at my local pizza place, too. If they have non-pizza options -- Italian meals with chicken, fish, or other protein -- you could aim to try those instead. You could also try to pre-log your intended meal of salad w/dressing and kids cheese pizza and see how many calories are left for your day today. If your restaurant isn't in MFP, consider selecting the closest-sounding options you can, with the highest calories, just to make it more likely you're overestimating. Then try to be stingy with your remaining calories for the day.

If that doesn't work, remember that weight loss involves an average deficit. Most of us go over our calorie goal for the day at least once in a while. What matters is that over time, there are more deficit days than non-deficit days, and higher calorie expenditure than calorie consumption.

Celebrate your friend, enjoy your time together, savor your food choices tonight, and stay on track with your meals before and after this celebration. If you can do that, you've had a win, regardless of short term weight-gain from your night out.

Good luck, and have fun!!
  • hayleymace90
    hayleymace90 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Username: hayleymace90
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 193
    Today's weight: 195

I had my cousins 21st Birthday party 🎊 on Saturday and then we went out clubbing sorry team
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Week #2: 9/12
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 196
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Username: Colleen790
    Weigh in Week 2
    Weigh in Thursday
    Previous weight. 179.4
    Today's weight. 178.7
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sep 11th
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Couldn't increase exercise days from 3 to 5, because my physical therapist don't want me to do that just yet. She told me she don't want me to exercise at home in between either. Not at all. Kind of disappointing, since it was our initial plan to increase with 2 days. But I get it, I need to do other stuff aswell.. And my health is just not there.

On a positive note, I gained 2 cm around my butt and 1 cm around my thighs. I can actually feel my muscles there now. I was on bed rest for like 2 years, so I didn't have a good base before starting. I still feel like it's a huge victory that I'm able to have a 50 minute workout now without having to go to bed after. When I started out a few months ago, I could only workout for 10 minutes and I would basically be done for the day :open_mouth:
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,940 Member
    Options
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 145.2 pounds
    Today's weight: 145.9 pounds

The bad news is I am up 0.7 pounds and I am up 2 weeks in a row now.
    The good news is after being out of town for 4 days after my previous weigh in and gaining 2.4 pounds while away I manged to get back down 1.7 pounds of the "out of town weight" the 4 days I was back home in time for today's weigh in.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    eptember 12
    Exercised?: Yes (20 mins walk to and from office from hotel)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Another tiring day. 12:46am and still going (started 8:00am).

Fortunately adequate break for lunch.

Looking forward to the weekend, at least I can sleep for a good part of it before having a chance to explore.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 12 is dips ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating healthy for about two months now... and man what a difference eating out will do.

Went to this pizza place to celebrate a friend... got meatballs the size of my fist.. ate one and gave the other away. Had two garlic knots with cheese dip and a slice of cake and a light beer. I am stuffed! Like I won’t eat the rest of the night (I’m a night shifter so I don’t flip hours on my days off)

Before I could have ate a whole order of knots (10), three slices of pizza and those meatballs.

Guess you can call that a NSV!
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Username: caitlynns727
    Weigh in: Week 2
    Weigh in: Wednesday
    Previous weight. 179.8
    Today's weight. 178.9
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    September 12
    Exercise: No
    Calories: Not even close
    Tracked: No
    Just got back (early unfortunately) from a camping trip. 2 really bad nights sleep because the hubby was having breathing issues along with incessant coughing. He quit smoking 6 years ago, but I'm afraid his 40+ years of tobacco use may be catching up with him. If, and that's a big IF, I can get him to go to the doctor tomorrow, we can find out what's going on. Kind of odd, if I couldn't breath I'd certainly want to find out why, as scary as the answer may be. :/
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 13
    Exercise No
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked yes
  • LesIckaBod
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Today's weigh-in day for:

@cjscoey
    @Colleen790 -- Making progress, step by step! Nicely done this week!
    @grebber1 -- Wow!! 11 lbs! Whatever you're doing seems to be working. What's your secret to success this week?

I've still got a couple of blank spots from earlier this week, and some folks haven't posted at all this month. If you posted your weigh-in and I missed it this week, would you mind sending me a little reminder? I don't want anyone to get removed from the list who wants to be here.

Here's who I'm looking for:

@eevang
    @littleflutterby
    @jaygirl3
    @cheeso1
    @Clarkski262
    @Sophiegreeny
    @peacekeace
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    September 12
    Exercise: No
    Calories: Not even close
    Tracked: No
    Just got back (early unfortunately) from a camping trip. 2 really bad nights sleep because the hubby was having breathing issues along with incessant coughing. He quit smoking 6 years ago, but I'm afraid his 40+ years of tobacco use may be catching up with him. If, and that's a big IF, I can get him to go to the doctor tomorrow, we can find out what's going on. Kind of odd, if I couldn't breath I'd certainly want to find out why, as scary as the answer may be. :/

@rocknut53 I hope you're able to get your husband to the dr, and that the answer is not as scary as it could be. I'll be thinking of you today, sending good thoughts.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Username: caitlynns727
    Weigh in: Week 2
    Weigh in: Wednesday
    Previous weight. 179.8
    Today's weight. 178.9

Another pound down! Well done!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    I’ve been eating healthy for about two months now... and man what a difference eating out will do.

Went to this pizza place to celebrate a friend... got meatballs the size of my fist.. ate one and gave the other away. Had two garlic knots with cheese dip and a slice of cake and a light beer. I am stuffed! Like I won’t eat the rest of the night (I’m a night shifter so I don’t flip hours on my days off)

Before I could have ate a whole order of knots (10), three slices of pizza and those meatballs.

Guess you can call that a NSV!

@Wishfulthinning18 It's nice when the body and brain don't have to fight over moderation, isn't it? Way to go on your NSV!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @leslckaBod
    I think my numbers are a little skewed because of last week's weigh-in where I didn't lose anything. That next day I was almost 3 lb lighter. So in essence I probably only lost 5 6 maybe 7 pounds this week it just looks big because I had a weird weigh-in day last time. Other than that it's really just calories in calories out. I have been riding my bike for exercise and doing some walking. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just watching what I eat
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    @leslckaBod
    I think my numbers are a little skewed because of last week's weigh-in where I didn't lose anything. That next day I was almost 3 lb lighter. So in essence I probably only lost 5 6 maybe 7 pounds this week it just looks big because I had a weird weigh-in day last time. Other than that it's really just calories in calories out. I have been riding my bike for exercise and doing some walking. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just watching what I eat

@grebber1 On the one hand, I get what you mean about "nothing out of the ordinary." On the other hand, I think it's worth recognizing that whatever's been happening actually is out of the ordinary for yourself before you started this journey this time, right? Whether it was your mindset changing, or finding exercise that you enjoy and can stick with, or figuring out a food plan that works for you, or all of the above, it's the cause of your success right now.

So, here's to "nothing out of the ordinary" becoming the new normal for you. "Ordinary" is sustainable, and that's what we're all aiming for.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't been checking in much and I need to change that. I am going through a tough time right now in my life but luckily it hasn't resulted me in overeating. The father of my children will do anything to sabotage my life and it resulted in my boyfriend of over a year and I breaking up. I am just trying to transform this negativity into motivation to focus more on myself. It's time to put myself first!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Be_Lively
    I been there with a significant person in my life always seem to undermine everything I do. Ignore all the negativity and focus on what's best for you and your life. You do you
This discussion has been closed.