TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options

Replies

• grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @LesIckaBod
    Yeah I guess you're right. It's actually out of the ordinary for me to be like this LOL. This time though I have been having better success than other times because I feel my diet or let's not call it diet let's call it lifestyle has changed for the better. Instead of trying to eat healthy but not eating enough and eventually backfiring, this time I'm eating healthy sometimes not so healthy but everything and I mean everything is in moderation and counted. It definitely helps to log what I eat. And I have goals this time. There's certain things I want to do in my life certain things I would like to accomplish in the way I look and things like that and sometimes I get on here and read success stories and it's very motivating
    And I would have to say besides my fitness pal being number one, number two would be not stressing over bad days or small failures. It's not worth it and so easy to overcome if you don't let it get to you
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Sep 13th
    Exercised: House cleaning...
    Calories: A little over
    Tracked: Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 13
    Exercised?: Yes (5+km walk as well as to and from office)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

After a long night (4:00am) and early morning (7:00am), short work day (ended at 2:00pm) after which I went back to the hotel for rest.

5km walk before finding dinner. Was able to order dinner in broken Spanish without requiring the English menu (which for me is a big step).

All client presentations over so the time pressure is substantially less. 4 days of intense concentration trying to follow full speed Spanish business conversation was exhausting (was getting about 50%). I find reading (and writing) Spanish is far less exhausting as I get time to absorb what needs communicating.

I am also doing about an hours extra dedicated Spanish study a day to try get more up to conversational speed. I feel I am doing OK for only having started Spanish 6-7 weeks ago.

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for September 13 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 14. Friday
    Exercised. Yes. 45 minutes of body pump
    Calories. A bit over
    Tracked. Yes
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154
    I've tried Spanish a few times. I just can't get it. I understand bits and pieces but when someone starts talking, the words just mush together. Nice job on learning so fast
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 148 pounds
    Today's weight: 147.8 pounds
  • KillaLindzilla
    KillaLindzilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Username: KillaLindzilla
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 250.3
    Current Weight: 248.0
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday weigh-in for:

@deanit
    @fe452436
    @KillaLindzilla - gotcha already
    @Rocknut53 - ditto
    @daisyletterbox
    @yuhiza
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    14/09
    Exercise no
    Tracked yes
    Calories - was under until the wine 👀
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Username: eevang
    Weigh in Week: September Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 163.2
    Today's Weight: 164.0

This has been a week of stresses--work, trying a new medication, taking a big test, the possibility of a hurricane, my grandmother is in the hospital. I only had one cheat day so despite the gain, I'm counting it as a success. Hopefully I'll be fully back on track soon.

I've continued tracking throughout it all.
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Username: cjscoey
    Weigh in Week: September Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Thursday - (I am changing this to Friday since that seems to fit my schedule better)
    Previous Weight: 171
    Today's Weight: 170.4

I traveled this week and still fighting this sinus infection, not as good as I wanted but no gain!
  • peacekeace
    peacekeace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Username: peacekeace
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 226.2
    Today's weight: 226.4

I REALLY have been struggling.
    -Exercise: yes (treadmill workout and fitness blender HIIT workout)
    -calories tracked: yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 14
    Exercised?: Yes (20 mins, to and from office)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Long day in office, but not as hard as no client presentations.

After getting back to hotel late, took a nap and did not walk till 6:00am next morning (must have needed the sleep).

Tomorrow is explore Madrid day for me. I expect to do a lot of walking.
    grebber1 wrote: »
    @craigo3154
    I've tried Spanish a few times. I just can't get it. I understand bits and pieces but when someone starts talking, the words just mush together. Nice job on learning so fast

@grebber1. Thank you. It does take a concerted effort. Reading is MUCH easier than speaking (and understanding real time conversation). Even with all the work and exposure, I am FAR from fluent, but I am getting by (just).

When listening, it's like island hopping. I get this bit and that bit and can piece together the jumps in between. The endings of words give you personage (I, you, they, we, etc.), the start of words give you subject.

As with most things, there are "keys" to understanding. Once you grasp certain keys, things get a lot easier. With Spanish, one thing is the "flow" of the language. Because it is spoken so quickly, the endings of words follow a similar flow to make it easier to speak rapidly. Another is that words tend to run together a lot (like lazy pronunciation). Do not expect gaps between words. I find if I try not to over-pronounce things tend to go a lot better.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 14 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Saturday 15 Septemebr
    Exercise. Yes. Walking
    Calories. No
    Tracking. Yes
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sep 14th
    Exercised: Yes, gym.
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • ladylin77
    ladylin77 Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Username: ladylin77
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 184
    Today's weight:183.6

I have been struggling this week. Preparing for the hurricane and being stuck in doors really sucks.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Username: ShareASmile
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 158
    Today's weight:159.4
    Sorry for the gain this week. I've got a broken foot and the lack of exercise is making itself known. 😥
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in week:2
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Previous week weight:197.5 lbs
    Weight this week:197.5 lbs
    It increased during the week and now back.I waited one more day to see loss but it’s the same.Checking my eating habits.And wherever I can walk I do that.
    Hope everyone is fine and working on their goals.
    Good Luck!
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Akerra27
    Wk:2
    Saturday
This discussion has been closed.