TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 15
    Exercised?: Yes (23+km in 4 hours - Sightseeing Madrid)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

LONG walk today. 30C (86F) in Madrid during the day. Stopped for lunch along the way.

Unfortunately a lot o road work around Puerto de Sol and Gran Via, so traversing those areas was particularly slow (and crowded).

The average tourist is SLOW. Feel like I almost need to stop to go slower. Cannot be just because they are looking around, as I am looking around too.

Plan to have a look around the "El Rastro Market" tomorrow morning.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 15 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sunday 16 September
    Exercise. No. Only a walk around the supermarket
    Calories. No
    Tracked. Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Week 2 results are in!

Congrats to @grebber1 who was the Biggest Loser overall with a 3.04% loss. Way to show that blip who's the boss!

Here are our top 3 Gutbusters for Week 2:
    1st - @Grebber1. - 3.04%
    2nd - @Be_Lively. - 1.80%
    3rd - @WishfulThinning18. - 1.43%

Looking at the statistics, a number of us blipped up this week and had a bit of a gain. But, we're playing the long game, right, Gutbusters? A little blip is nothing that consistency in tracking and staying at an average deficit can't take care of.

Here's to Week 3!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Sunday weigh-in to

@WishfulThinning18 !!

Here's a question to comment on this week during our weigh-ins, if anyone would like to participate:

Question of the Week
    Days don't always go as planned, but to be successful at weight loss (or other challenges), we have to find a way to overcome, minimize, work around, or otherwise deal with the unexpected. Have you dealt with something unexpected in the last week, and if so, how did you handle it?

I'm looking forward to hearing about your NSVs (non-scale victories) this week!
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous- 303.4
    Current- 301.6
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @grebber1 !!!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Sunday 16 September
    Exercise: yes, 2.5 hour hike
    Calories: yes, under by quite a bit
    Tracked: yes

Congrats to those of you who posted losses for week 2. For the rest of us: keep it up, it will happen!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Monday 17 September. Week 3
    Exercise. Yes. An hour of Body Pump
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    Congratulations @grebber1 !!!

Thank you. Sooner or later I was getting a big loss lol
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    I had an off day yesterday. It was my son's birthday. I still didn't do so bad, and I definitely didn't blow the entire weekend like I tend to do at times. But with me going over on calories yesterday, plus it's the time of the month, Im not expecting a loss in today's weigh in. However, I know that overall for the week, I stayed under my calories and tracked well, so in the longrun, there will be a loss!

Happy Monday everyone!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh in Week: September Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 145.7
    Today's Weight: 143.3
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    OK I have a small vacation coming up next month. 19th-22nd of October. Just going out of state to ride 4 wheelers. Now it's almost a month away exactly. I would absolutely love to lose another 26ish pounds in that time. It's kind of a lot to ask for, I know this. But I'm still pretty overweight so it's not too far off what I've been losing already. I know my big numbers will start slowing down soon too.
    Either way as long as I'm losing I'll be happy. This is just kind of a personal challenge to myself. My goal is be at 325 by October weigh in on Thursday the 18th.
    I think it's very possible just by cleaning and tightening up my food logging that I keep talking about doing but haven't. I'm good at logging. Just think I could be a Lil better.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Monday Weigh-In for:

@eevang
    @Metubal (I hope your travels are going well!!)
    @pilpolf

Week 3 looks to be off to a great start! We've already posted losses for the week from:

@WishfulThinning18
    @Be_Lively
    @mthomas0228
    @mycocoabubbles
    @westray16

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod
    Week 3
    PW: 174.8
    CW: 170.9

Looks like a big drop, but it really just means I recovered from my post-big-weekend blip last week. I weigh daily and track the weekly average also, and it looks a lot more reasonable: 174.4, 172.3, 171.9 were the weekly averages from the last week of Aug to Sept. Week 2.

Question of the Week
    Days don't always go as planned, but to be successful at weight loss (or other challenges), we have to find a way to overcome, minimize, work around, or otherwise deal with the unexpected. Have you dealt with something unexpected in the last week, and if so, how did you handle it?

I was going to write about getting through a workout yesterday that got interrupted when my younger son fell off a bench and cracked his noggin on the floor (not a literal crack, though it did seem to hurt a lot). Exercising around little kids always seems to be a challenging and it took me a long time to just accept that I was going to be interrupted, and getting interrupted but still exercising was vastly better than not exercising at all.

But my challenge today is that I didn't get anywhere near enough sleep last night due to some heavy equipment operating outside my home the entire night, emitting both noise and diesel fumes. So I'm trying to overcome this by recognizing that (1) I probably need to scale back my goals for the day, because the brain is just not functioning at peak capacity, and (2) I should stick to my easiest meals for the day so that I don't have to challenge mind or body to stay on target. So, smoothie for lunch, nuts for snack, pre-cooked chicken strips at dinner, with whatever vegetables are set to go already.

And then early to bed!!

BTW: I don't think I've got great skills at asking these questions, so please feel free to ask your own group questions -- I'd love to have someone else share ideas!
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    Be_Lively
    Week 3
    PW: 218
    CW: 219
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »

Question of the Week

I'm looking forward to hearing about your NSVs (non-scale victories) this week!

This week had many unexpected moments. My grandma's hospitalization really frustrated me, and I didn't always handle it well. I had multiple days where I just tried to stick to maintenance calories.

Due to all the frustration, I would take a break by going to the gym and trying to burn away the anger and extra calories. You can't outrun a bad diet. But on days where it's just truly hard to deal, I think it's a good band aid solution. I worked out around 2.5 hours Saturday and 1.5 hours Sunday. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but I left the gym feeling SO GOOD after feeling so crappy. I just kept going until I felt better and that's how long it took.

Grandma is doing well after a procedure. I'm feeling much more steady now. Also I'm going to try to spend some more time on this thread in the upcoming weeks. Recommit myself to being a part of this community. I've really had to prioritize some other stuff in my life for a few weeks now but I'm excited be more engaged. I know it helps me stay on track.
This discussion has been closed.