TEAM: Run Track Minds (September)

Replies

• Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Question: What is everyone's go to quick and simple meal??
    I'm looking for new ideas.

@tigale: My go to is a big salad like spring mix with ready made chicken and some chopped veggies. My favorite ready made chicken is Johnsonville grilled chicken. They make a black pepper and sea salt chicken that is only 90 calories. The packaging is a little off putting but the chicken in flavorful and easy to use in a salad, on a tortilla, etc.
  • shines1981
    shines1981 Posts: 53 Member
    shines1981 wrote: »
    Username: shines1981
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day of week: Monday
    Previous weight: 196.0
    Current weight: 195.9

Just realized that was supposed to be week 3 not week 2
    Sorry
  • shines1981
    My go to meal is chicken in the Crock-Pot with cream of chicken soup and cauliflower rice. Also any kind of hamburger casserole. Hamburger with cauliflower rice and any veggies I want to add with cheese melted in top.
  • tlgale wrote: »

I'm more of a snacker. I like to eat Greek yogurt, slivered almonds topped with fresh berries, sometimes granola. I also like Cheese and Crackers or a protein granola bar. I really like to save my calories for dinner so that it is very satisfying and can carry me through the evening without a physical need for snacking (mental needs are a different challenge altogether).
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Daily post Tuesday
    Tracking: so far today I have tracked everything
    Exercise : I walked to the gas station for some monsters, and I'm planning on spending 30-40 minutes on the elitipcal after my boyfriend is done working.

I'm so happy to be a part of this team
    My goal I'm focusing on now is going out for new years and being able to feel confident in a sexy cocktail dress. I know that is a temporary goal lol, I know this is going to be a lifestyle change, but having a goal to look forward to really helps me. I already picked out what kind of dress I want to wear. Anyone else have any goals they want to reach?
  • JLPadron86
    @tlgale my quick meal lately has been cod and summer squash. It's real simple

I season the cod with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne and cut the summer squash. Cut the summer squash into little silver dollars. Add a little unsalted butter to both pans. The summer squash I season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. They both cook pretty quickly. I dont really time it, but probably 6 minutes or so. Healthy quick and simple :)
  • Idk if its really counted as a meal, but I always like to keep meal shakes on hand and pair it with a granola bar, cause sometimes I cant be assed to make myself something lol

@JLPadron86 Thats an awesome goal to have! Once I hit 140 I plan on adding to my forearm tattoo
  • JLPadron86
    @justkris_gettingfit I resisted cake too, this last Friday was my birthday and I went without birthday cake, I will have many birthdays to come where I can have cake, but right now it would have really thrown me off on my low carb diet.
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under by a few
    Exercise: Yes, 30 min walk
    Goals or day: goal for tomorrow is to finally get back to the gym
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    tlgale wrote: »

My go to meals are salads. I line up all my clear salad bowls, fill with a mixture of lettuce, spinach and/or spring mix then top with whatever veggies I have. I cover with plastic wrap and stack in the fridge. I add nuts, seeds, chicken, cheese or whatever when I eat them. They last at least 4 days but usually get eaten by then
  • tlgale
    Thanks all for the ideas! @shines1981 I've never heard of cauliflower rice, I'll have to look into it. @JLPadron86 I really like cod also, never tried pairing it with squash though. @kellyjellyjeanbean I'd rather snack too, but I always need up over on calories so I'm trying to stick with mostly just meals.

@JLPadron86 My goal right now is to fit into a jacket that I bought (a size to small) in August.
  • bethcamy1
    bethcamy1 Posts: 40 Member
    I just realized I weighed in a day early this week! And put week 2 instead of 3! Oops...you can just use my today’s weight for this week instead of tomorrow’s. It was really early this morning and I was really tired!
  • Allyanne1
    Allyanne1 Posts: 229 Member
    DAILY POST for Tuesday
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: 1 hour Zumba class and over 10,000 steps today.
    Goals or Day: Today was a good day. I am finding that this daily report helps with accountability. Figuring out some keto friendly snacks.
  • DAILY POST for Tuesday
    Calories: yes, under by 21
    Exercise: none, had company come over after dinner and they just left
    Goals or Day: I’m not good at exercising early in the morning before work. Anyone have suggestions for choosing exercise over sleeping in?
  • bethcamy1 wrote: »
    I just realized I weighed in a day early this week! And put week 2 instead of 3! Oops...you can just use my today’s weight for this week instead of tomorrow’s. It was really early this morning and I was really tired!

And you had a tough weigh in too! I don’t know the rules but maybe you can repost and correct your weigh in tomorrow since we are still within the same week?
  • tlgale
    Idk if its really counted as a meal, but I always like to keep meal shakes on hand and pair it with a granola bar, cause sometimes I cant be assed to make myself something lol

@JLPadron86 Thats an awesome goal to have! Once I hit 140 I plan on adding to my forearm tattoo

@justkris_gettingfit What kind of meal shakes do you use? I make fruit smoothies with protein powder but I'm kind of bored of them now.
  • tlgale
    Jactop wrote: »

My go to meals are salads. I line up all my clear salad bowls, fill with a mixture of lettuce, spinach and/or spring mix then top with whatever veggies I have. I cover with plastic wrap and stack in the fridge. I add nuts, seeds, chicken, cheese or whatever when I eat them. They last at least 4 days but usually get eaten by then

@Jactop I used to do this, don't know why I stopped...thanks for the reminder!
  • tlgale
    bethcamy1 wrote: »

@bethcamy1 I can use what you have already or you can re-weigh today, up to you.
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    edited September 2018
    Username: justkris_gettingfit
    Weigh in Week: Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 177
    Current Weight: 172.4
    Goal: Be out of the 170’s by October 1st !

@tlgale Ive been using the Slimfast shakes since last December. Ive only tried the chocolate flavored ones though, Rich Chocolate being my fav.
  • shines1981
    Idk if its really counted as a meal, but I always like to keep meal shakes on hand and pair it with a granola bar, cause sometimes I cant be assed to make myself something lol

@justkris_gettingfit What kind of meal shakes do you use? I make fruit smoothies with protein powder but I'm kind of bored of them now.

I also keep shakes on hand. The Atkins caramel Cafe is the best.
This discussion has been closed.