September Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• tlnorth77
    tlnorth77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tlnorth77 wrote: »
    I just joined last week after starting Keto which turned into a modified version/dirty Keto, less than 20 carbs a day isn’t sustainable for me. Anyway, it seems to be working after nothing else I tried moved the scale one bit. Forgot to post on Sunday. My goal for September is to get to 150.

Hi, just wondering is you were doing total or net carbs, that makes a difference to being able to keep to it for me anyhow!

Yes, net carbs. Generally keeping it under 50. Thanks!
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    zanyterp wrote: »
    SW’07/13: 388 (lost 135 lbs)
    SW’10/17: 368
    GW: 225 (maybe less if I can keep Keto)
    09/03: 282.0
    09/10: 280.0
    09/17: 277.2
    09/24:
    09/30:

Sept goal: 268 (see if I can reach 100 lbs in 11 months)

That is rather depressing; yesterday (and through my periodic scale check-ins through the week) I was at 274 - 276.

Another week of Sunday being lower than Monday :'(
    but still a loss for the week; i'll take it :)
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fast Fast by Ruled Me seems to be working. Feeling focused :smiley:

• KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @KristinLeeD

Just a couple of things, firstly keep remembering the 20+ you've lost. That's important and also take a break and don't beat yourself up. The key thing is to try to stay around where you are now. That gives you time to stabilise and get used to where you are. Enjoy where you are for a while. That's a triumph in itself. Personally I've been dodging around the 148/151 mark for weeks if not months but at some point I'll loose a bit more but the key thing just keeping off what you have lost and not letting it creep back.
    For me the second thing is a bit more personal; are you sure you need to be 115? That's very light and unless you are very petite maybe you are about at where you should be as 130 is not at all heavy or overweight so maybe your goal is what is unrealistic and your body is saying whoa there girl, give me a break and look at how great you look now?
    So don't beat yourself up, enjoy being where you are and just try not to put it back on and consider that a triumph!

Hi @chinatowninchina !
    I just saw your response to my last post - thank you!
    I agree with not forgetting the victories and enjoying where I am currently. I think I have been doing that (for the most part), I am now afraid if I let too much time go by without attempting to move forward again, I will get too comfortable and backslide.
    As far as my ultimate goal of 115, I do not have my heart set on that number! I am not sure how realistic it is as my body has definitely changed with age and after having 4 kids. I am only 5'1" and I can be healthy and fit at 115. I am okay that I may not ever get to that number because I am mostly concerned about getting my body fat percentage to a good place. (and in the past, that translates to about 115-120lbs)
    My BF is high right now and in the mirror it is clear that I have that fat to lose - along with working on firming up some jiggling - lol.
    Thank you for your encouragement as always! Happy Monday!
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late to sign in this week. Had a super busy weekend with food choices beyond my control at times so I retained a bit of water from the extra carbs. I'm sure that will fall off in the next couple of days. I'm still very satisfied with my progress this month. I believe I will meet my goal.

SW - January - 175
    September goal - weigh less than 153.6
    Goal - 140

Sunday 09/02 - 155 (+1.4)
    Sunday 09/09 - 152.4 (-2.6) Yippee! <3
    Sunday 09/16 - 153.4 (+1)
    Sunday 09/23 -
    Sunday 09/30 -
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    sykin wrote: »
    Started Keto: June 21
    Starting Weight: 167.4
    Sunday 08/26: 150.4
    Goal Weight: 145

Sunday 09/02: 149.8 (8/29)
    Sunday 09/09: 149.4
    Sunday 09/16: 149.6
    Sunday 09/23
    Sunday 09/30

Leveling out after vacation - I'm good with where I'm at, given that post vacation, I was up almost 5 pounds. LOL My husband made a comment about how I should start exercising now that I'm pretty confident in my food choices. I think he may be right. I was not thrilled to think about it because I hate working out at home and a gym membership is just not in the cards right now (I work 2 jobs and am rarely home). Buuuuut, we'll see. I'd love suggestions of exercise programs you use at home that don't bore you to tears! I get bored doing the same exercises every day :/
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @sykin I use 7 (Seven) currently. It's a HIIT-based app that runs through 12 exercises (give or take, depending on what the focus is) for 20-30s each; you can also do more than one 7-minute circuit if desired. They provide a free workout everyday that cycles through the 200 or so they have.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Gosh...here it is Tuesday and I didn't post last weeks update yet! Sheesh! Good thing I'm so anal about recording my weight every single day! Haha!

Began Keto: March 20
    Starting weight: 225

Sun 9/2: 178
    Sun 9/9: 176.2 (-1.8)
    Sun 9/16: 174.8 (-1.4)
    Sun 9/23:
    Sun 9/30:

Sep weight loss goal: 8 lbs
    Sep miles (walking) goal: 200 miles
    Walked last week: 23.65
    Walked so far this month: 71.00

My knee is still hurting - but only occasionally and only a little. I swear, I really think it has something to do with all the weight I've lost..like it occasionally shifts side to side (pain!) instead of the normal way a knee is supposed to bend! In any case, i now have a super duper knee brace with metal side hinged supports for my hiking! 1 week to go and I'll be hiking a portion of the Appalachian Trail! #excited
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm still on vacation, so no scale available for a weigh-in, BUT I've been great about eating keto, and I've lost another half inch from my hips and waist (measuring tape is easier to travel with than a scale). I have no clue what, if any, weight I've lost while here, but my pants and shorts are definitely looser. I will see what the scale says this weekend when we get home, but I think it will be positive (meaning no gain, maybe a little loss).
  • smsackman
    smsackman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    smsackman wrote: »
    smsackman wrote: »
    Started Keto 9/4!

SW:160
    GW:145

Sunday 09/02: 160.0
    Sunday 09/09: 156.0
    Sunday 09/16: 155.0
    Sunday 09/23:
    Sunday 09/30:

Kind of bummed that the second week wasn't as successful as the first. Just need to stick with it. A loss is a loss!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @sykin wrote: …….. I hate working out at home and a gym membership is just not in the cards right now (I work 2 jobs and am rarely home). Buuuuut, we'll see. I'd love suggestions of exercise programs you use at home that don't bore you to tears! I get bored doing the same exercises every day.

Sykin
    Check out “Daily Burn”. They have numerous workout programs for all levels of fitness. I personally enjoy their 365 program. The 365 program offers a different instructor and routine every day. The daily 365 routines are 30 minutes long. I also like that every week I get to work on things that matter to me like; strength, cardio, balance, flexibility, stretching and even posture. There is usually a person in the class doing modifications for lower levels of fitness and another person using weights to increase the difficulty. The 365 program is just one of many programs offered by Daily Burn. So, if 365 does not meet your needs there are many other options in Daily Burn that may suit you.
    It is also an internet program that you can use at home or anywhere you have internet connections. They live stream the program at 6:30am EST, but you can play recorded routines from any day of the year you choose. And, like I mentioned before, there are tons of other programs to choose from besides the 365 program. I hope you find something that works for you and your busy schedule.

Stormy

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I think I’m finally ready to get my head back in the game...

I spent the last several months struggling with work and eating my feelings causing my weight to spiral out of control up to my absolute highest weight ever!

I finally feel like I’ve got a grip and ready to start moving in the right direction again.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I think I’m finally ready to get my head back in the game...

I spent the last several months struggling with work and eating my feelings causing my weight to spiral out of control up to my absolute highest weight ever!

I finally feel like I’ve got a grip and ready to start moving in the right direction again.

I believe you and anyone else struggling! I start off everyday thinking this is it but by the end of the day it most certainly wasn't!
    Today we move out of this rental and into an hotel for an unspecified period of time until our house is ready. I know it's coming closer and I know this will all settle down but there is this bit of me stressed and thinking WTF and then the hand goes to the mouth and that hand is never ever empty!

Maybe being in an hotel will be better, at least I won't have stuff sitting there to eat.........I didn't weight in Sunday and I haven't weighed myself since last week mmmm never a good sign.

So good luck everyone and hopefully us back sliders will have a more successful week or a less unsuccessful one!!!!

• NikkiGirl1004
    NikkiGirl1004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Struggled during the week of the 9th because my parents were in town...didn't follow keto very well that week - too much eating out and eating the wrong things and boy did I feel it. Hoping to get back on the wagon and lose what I gained while they were here. I don't blame the at all, I blame me for not sticking to it because they were here.

Sunday 09/02 - 241.0
    Sunday 09/09 - 236.4
    Sunday 09/16 - 239.8
    Sunday 09/23 -
    Sunday 09/30 -
  • CarolynRSB
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My husband and I were visiting his mom and her fiance for about a week and a half this month, during which I didn't weigh myself because they don't have a scale. I was able to eat keto except for one planned cheat meal (drank more wine and vodka than recommended over the trip as well, I'm sure). Anyway, down 3.5 pounds this month so far, which seems about right for my body, which never likes to depart with poundage. 27 to go!

SW: 178
    GW: 138
    CW: 165

Sunday 09/02 - 168.5
    Sunday 09/09 - 168
    Sunday 09/16 - No access to scale
    Sunday 09/23 - 165
    Sunday 09/30 -
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    We're heading out Tuesday morning for (near) Gatlinburg to hike a portion of the AT! But I have my keto snacks and keto meals all planned out..... and we'll be home Sunday in time to weigh in and check in!

I'm so stinkin excited... have I told you how much I love to hike! Unfortunately Im still having knee issues, and it's hard to explain, but I really dont think its a muscle or a bone issue. Its wierd... it hurts sometimes and other times its fine! I have a really sturdy knee brace for hiking so hopefully I wont do any damage! I hate going to the doctor, but I may have to as no matter how much I ice it or rest it, it just isnt getting any better. Ugh.

Began Keto: March 20
    Starting weight: 225

Sun 9/2: 178
    Sun 9/9: 176.2 (-1.8)
    Sun 9/16: 174.8 (-1.4)
    Sun 9/23: 173.4 (-1.4)
    Sun 9/30:

Sep weight loss goal: 8 lbs
    Sep miles (walking) goal: 200 miles
    Walked last week: 29.7
    Walked so far this month: 100.7
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Getting a little frustrated - not much scale movement this month, probably need to change some things up - i know slow and steady is better, but after seeing bigger drops in the beginning, it's hard and I would really like to reach my goal by year end.

2018 starting weight: 193
    Started Keto April

9/2: 157.4
    9/9: 157.4
    9/16: 155.6
    9/23: 154.6

goal 130- 135ish
  • CarolynRSB
    Options
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    Getting a little frustrated - not much scale movement this month, probably need to change some things up - i know slow and steady is better, but after seeing bigger drops in the beginning, it's hard and I would really like to reach my goal by year end.

When was the last time you recalculated your macros, and which calculator are you using? I've found the ketogains calculator is more conservative than most, which has helped me with loss. I also recalculate every 10 pounds down so I continue eating at a caloric deficit. If you aren't already, up the protein and lower the fat. For example, my macros are 30g net carbs, 80g fat, and 115g protein.

Good luck!!!