What's for Lunch?

Options
I take my lunch to work every day, and today's offering is Egg Salad! I make mine with two large eggs, plus an extra yolk, half of an avocado diced, 2 strips of crumbled bacon, 2T mayo, and a 1tsp mustard. Add a little pink salt, and some black pepper, then scoop it on top of some romaine lettuce and I am good to go!

What's on your plate today?

Replies

• CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did homemade tuna rolls and homemade gazpacho (blended in an avocado to make it creamy and add healthy fat).

vk655ak6h6pw.jpg
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Salad with steak, guac, sour cream.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Today, I am making chorizo con huevos for lunch...About an inch or so of soft Mexican style chorizo, fried til the fat is rendered out, then crack in two large eggs, plus an extra yolk and scramble til soft set. Then I top it with some pico de gallo and half of an avocado.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I made vegetarian pho last night for dinner, and it was pretty good! Of course, my daughter ate it "as-is"...I added some thinly sliced pork chop to it, and then had a chai latte with heavy cream to boost the fat for my meal. So today I have leftovers for my lunch! I am also having an almond cream cheese fat bomb...
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I made vegetarian pho last night for dinner, and it was pretty good! Of course, my daughter ate it "as-is"...I added some thinly sliced pork chop to it, and then had a chai latte with heavy cream to boost the fat for my meal. So today I have leftovers for my lunch! I am also having an almond cream cheese fat bomb...

Please do share the recipe! :)
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Spiced eggs with sour cream. It's a brinner night here!

cr0t730fw66m.jpg
  • teresamwhite
    Options

Please do share the recipe! :)

The pho? Or the fat bomb? Eh, I'll post both...they're pretty good!

Almond Cream Cheese Fat Bomb
    1/2 cup lightly salted almonds, coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup cream cheese
    pinch red chili flakes

Mix well and stuff into a celery stick, or pipe onto zucchini rounds (or other veggies). I also spread it onto fathead pizza crust triangles.

Vegetarian Pho is from Genius Kitchen: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/vegetarian-pho-238765?layout=desktop

I did not add the cinnamon, star anise, or cloves -I used 1/2tsp peppercorns. I added a little extra sriracha, and only used cilantro because I didn't have any fresh basil in the house. We like our pho spicy, rather than have those sweet notes. I sliced a fatty pork chop into very thin slices and lightly pan fried them, and then added them and the rendered fat to my bowl.
  • xr8_kiwi
    xr8_kiwi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Today I had an omelette, made with spinach and brocolli.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Today I have a baked chicken thigh (with the skin), topped with 2T of spaghetti sauce, 1T pesto, 1/3c Italian shredded cheese. On the side I have 1 1/2c shredded cabbage sautéed in 1 slice of pork jowl, S&P, and a little red chili flakes.

I baked the chicken thighs on Monday and I've been eating the same thing for dinner all week, lol. The hubby is out of town, and the daughter is a vegetarian, so she's been eating veggie burgers or veggie stir fry all week.
  • rsclause
    Options
    Tuna boats! I empty out an avocado and mix the meat with tuna packed in oil and some mayo. This than gets placed back into the avocado shells.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    @rsclause that sounds yummy!

Today I have a boneless, skinless chicken thigh sauteed in butter with mushrooms, and a side salad of mixed greens dressed in a 1 teaspoon of sicilian lemon balsamic vinegar (omg, yall, its sooo good!) and 3 teaspoons of thyme olive oil.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Today is a major art festival (the schools in our district close for the day). Hubby and i took the day off and we are heading there with our daughter in a bit. Lunch will come from a food truck today...I’ll keep it as keto friendly as i can. Louisville is such a foodie town, it’s going to be a challenge not to eat all the things!
  • rsclause
    Options
    Lazy today Zaxbys Bule salad with blackened chicken and blue cheese dressing.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I lucked out at the art festival last Friday...I really wanted the brisket nachos, but obviously, without the tortilla chips. Two food stands over was a vendor selling freshly made pork rinds! I asked the nacho guy if he would make my nachos on a bed of pork rinds and he was all for it!

Melty, cheesy, spicy, juicy deliciousness on top of hot, crunchy, crispiness...It was a beautiful thing, I tell you!

Today's lunch is a keto-friendly version of IKEA's Swedish meatballs, and gravy, over riced cauliflower & riced broccoli.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I made pork carnitas in the crockpot yesterday, and when I got home, my house smelled absolutely delicious! Today, I have some in a container, along with some shredded cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, and sliced black olives...I'm making nachos over pork rinds for my lunch!
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    DH and I went out to dinner on Friday, and my steak was WAY too big for one portion. So today's lunch was sliced ribeye, on a bed of sautéed spinach and mushrooms, topped with two over-medium eggs -YUM!
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My latest lunch fav is 2 ounces of deli roast beef, a squirt of horsey sauce, with a slice of Monterrey jack cheese rolled up. I eat that with a side of spinach that I saute in garlic butter. 3 carbs/25 fat/20 protein - 312 calories.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    @ClaudiaDawn2 -that sounds awesome! I love horseradish! One of my faves is to make plain whipped cream, and fold in grated horseradish (as much as you like), and then sprinkle in a little pink salt. Super light and fluffy as a sandwich spread on cloud bread, and it won't tear the bread.

Today's lunch is a snack box because I was staring deep into the abyss that is my fridge and couldn't think of anything that I really wanted. So my box today has: 6 feta stuffed green olives, 1 oz cheddar cheese, 1 oz almonds, 2 slices thick cut bacon, 1 oz summer sausage, 1 oz herbed cream cheese, a hard boiled egg, 2 oz raw broccoli florets, 4 oz sliced tomato. I cut everything up and put it into its own compartment of a very well washed craft organizer (used for just this purpose).
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I am really craving veggies today! Today, I am cooking my lunch in our breakroom: dice and fry two slices of pork jowl, then saute a mix of 1 cup crimini mushrooms, 1/2 cup thinly sliced leeks, and 1 cup of chopped broccoli with a little garlic, then turn off the heat, toss in two cups of finely shredded napa cabbage and cover it for 2-3 minutes or until it is softened but still crunchy. Top with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes and enjoy!

Those mushrooms act like little fat sponges lol...
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Last night's school activity went laaaate, so dinner was pretty much just whatever we could warm up from the fridge. This means today's lunch was in jeopardy!

I hit up Aldi's on my way in to work, and picked up a package of salami bites, a package of extra sharp cheddar cheese mini cuts, a small clamshell box of blackberries, and a single serve packet of sunflower seeds. At my desk I have a large bag of almonds, and in my fridge I have some feta stuffed olives and two ounces of cream cheese...and so lunch is a sort-of snack box again this week!