Oct 15
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Oct 16
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: over by 66

Overall, the plan to get back on track is working well: clean kitchen has us eating at home, nd I'm far happier with less clutter; I'm eating fewer calories than my old target, though I was a bit over today; and I've cut way back on coffee and therefore cut back on sneaky milk calories -- and that means my tracking is probably more accurate.

I was down a tiny bit today, back to my posted weight for Week 2. I'm aiming to hold on and see how much further I can drop using my "new and improved" plan.

For those of you making changes to get back on track this week, how are the changes working out for you?
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well I've decided to snack on pickles in vinegar, not sweets, which is working. But I am so hungry at 8.30am. Maybe I should eat two Weetbix in the morning instead of one, not sure.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    October 16
    Exercise: yes, great hike
    Calories: yes, under by quite a bit (because I'm certain MapMyHike exaggerates my burn)
    Tracked: yes

@LeslckaBod We're waiting on phone calls from the cardiologist to get a time line for initial consult and surgery. I hope it will be soon. The waiting sucks.
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @12Sarah2015 I am so very sorry for your loss!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 17
    Exercised Maybe. Walking hospital corridors
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
    Had a stressful day. My mother has a hip fracture. They're operating in the morning. Didn't have much time to eat.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Weight dropping slow this week. Getting rdy for long weekend vaca and then my daughter is coming home to visit the day I get back for 5 days. Gonna be a challenging week next week.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well I've decided to snack on pickles in vinegar, not sweets, which is working. But I am so hungry at 8.30am. Maybe I should eat two Weetbix in the morning instead of one, not sure.

@12Sarah2015 How much protein is in your Weetbix breakfast? If it's under 20g, try adding some protein to your breakfast and see if you still feel hungry. I'm a fan of hard-boiled egg whites at breakfast to get a lot of protein in, and 1 oz of peanuts when I need a morning snack.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    my grandma has just passed away. I am glad I got to see her two weeks ago. We won't be attending the funeral as we are too far away. She is in heaven now, having been a Christian for most of her life, and she has been looking forward to the day for a long time. My children though too little to understand, have photos and movies with her, so they can look back on this when they are older.

@12Sarah2015 So sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you got to see her recently, and that your kids will have the photos and movies for the memories.
  • LesIckaBod
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    October 17
    Exercised Maybe. Walking hospital corridors
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
    Had a stressful day. My mother has a hip fracture. They're operating in the morning. Didn't have much time to eat.

@Colleen790 We'll wish for the best for your mother. Keep taking care of yourself, too. The ones we love and who love us want us to be healthy.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    Weight dropping slow this week. Getting rdy for long weekend vaca and then my daughter is coming home to visit the day I get back for 5 days. Gonna be a challenging week next week.

@grebber1 Have a fantastic weekend vacation, and enjoy being active with your lighter self. Keep your eye on the long-term reward, not the short term reward of yucky vacation food -- you've got a much bigger prize in mind, and I believe you're willing to work for it.

And look forward to that challenging week ahead like it's a competition you've been training for -- because you have! You can do it!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Weigh-In for:

@12Sarah2015 -- glad to hear the switch to pickle treats is helping with the sugar cravings
    @Bendiz_ - can't wait to hear how you've done this week!
    @edising - how've you been?
    @inshapeCK - you're in my thoughts. How was your dad's angiogram? (got your weigh-in posted already)
  • grebber1
    Options
    So the last 2 weeks I have been fighting hunger pains. I'm pretty sure is because I'm not drinking as much water as I was since it's been a lot cooler outside. Is been a real struggle to not over eat.
    I'm not sure what else it could be that is causing me to think I'm hungry all the time now. I got a little lax on what I have been eating lately. I'm under cals but not eating as clean as I was. I need to figure this out because it's putting me in a bad mood. Really thinking is fluids. I need to get back to drinking more
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    So the last 2 weeks I have been fighting hunger pains. I'm pretty sure is because I'm not drinking as much water as I was since it's been a lot cooler outside. Is been a real struggle to not over eat.
    I'm not sure what else it could be that is causing me to think I'm hungry all the time now. I got a little lax on what I have been eating lately. I'm under cals but not eating as clean as I was. I need to figure this out because it's putting me in a bad mood. Really thinking is fluids. I need to get back to drinking more

@grebber1 Have you really checked the nutrition side of the equation? Take a look at your food log over the last month, so you're looking at the two weeks you've been hungry and the two weeks you were not so hungry. Check out the macros: how many grams of protein, fat, and carbs were you eating on average over that time? Calculate your TDEE -- let me know if you need instructions on how to do that.

@craigo3154 If you have some time, do you have any other advice here for @grebber1? This sounds like the kind of problem you might have some research on!

• grebber1
    Options
    I'll have to look back and see what's going on. I've pretty much been eating the same thing this whole time. it's the water consumption that's low. But I will have to look at some of my food choices these last few weeks and see what's going on there. Even though I'm under 4 calories I don't know exactly what's in the stuff I have been eating so I will have to look back and see if there's something there that is triggering hunger
  • CDiddyGetsFitty
    CDiddyGetsFitty Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think not losing last week demonstrates I need to do this, and will do so going forward:

October 16
    Exercise: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: yes
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Username: Colleen790
    October week 3. 18/10
    PW 175
    CW. 172.6
This discussion has been closed.