NOVEMBER Monthly Challenge

Options
chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
edited December 2018 in Social Groups
So the Challenge heads into those really difficult months of celebrations and holidays...........

A new challenge month but the old spreadsheet.

So don't look for a new one of those, but continue to post your weight on the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' which Nikki will update as needed. You can obviously also post your weight in this post and many do.

For anyone new out there; feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well if we want to and generally chat!

It's fun and it's been working and we've lost a shed load of weight between us. It seems to keep us going and even if we go up occasionally (and who doesn't!) we get back to it and continue the journey.

So here we go again, good luck in November.

Sunday 11/04
Sunday 11/11
Sunday 11/18
Sunday 11/25

To finish the month off:
Friday 11/30

Good luck to everyone, welcome to everyone new and well done the old faithfuls!!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    It also starts to get cold which makes it a bit harder to get out of bed at 4:30 to run. Maybe a challenge is what I need.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    good luck @stormywxs288!
    @rsclause ouch :'( i am impressed you can do it even when it's not cold. wow
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Started Keto: June 21
    Starting Weight: 167.4
    Sunday 10/28: 144.0
    Goal Weight: 141

Sunday 11/04
    Sunday 11/11
    Sunday 11/18
    Sunday 11/25

My goal for November is to be on a work out schedule of 3 times a week by the end of the month. I am horrible at working out. Ugh. I put down a goal weight but honestly, I’m more worried about just starting to tone and get stronger.
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 11/30 is my birthday and I have a pic from a year ago that I want to compare this year to! I am aiming for 8lbs... I wont be cooking this year for Thanksgiving...so I know I wont break for that...my bday is another story, but it will be after the weigh-in...so not so bad!

@rsclause - I envy you! I have a hard time getting up at 5am to go to the gym, let alone go running! Good job!
  • mehditfaitif
    mehditfaitif Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hey guys i just started keto and i run almost 8 to 9 km 3 times a week im skinny fat
    my question is can i drink wine on keto
    my bf birthday on decembre 1 and id like to have one or two glasse of wine
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    hey guys i just started keto and i run almost 8 to 9 km 3 times a week im skinny fat

@mehditfaitif As long as it fits in your macros, I believe you can! From Sag to Sag...Nov 30 here!! :)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (July 24, 2018): 200.1
    Goal weight (by June 10, 2019 -my birthday!): 140
    Current weight (Oct 31, 2018): 172.8

Thursday, Nov 1:
    Nov 4:
    Nov 11:
    Nov 18:
    Nov 25:
    Friday, Nov 30:

I always do all of the cooking for all of the holidays, so I know I can make some keto swaps, and make a few things like fathead dinner rolls to help me stay the course.

I work for the regional food bank, and we get invited to all the church suppers, and usually have to speak, thanking the volunteers, presenting checks, etc...this is what might do me in: good, yeoman church ladies with their crockpots brimming with Southern cooking! I'll have to be strategic!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    November goals are to drink more water, drink less alcohol, initiate a Keto Green Shake, and take supplements regularly.

Start weight 3/18 - 184lb
    Current weight - 156.4lb

Nov 4:
    Nov 11:
    Nov 18:
    Nov 25:
    Nov 30:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options

If you are following Keto strictly, wine is not 'Keto'. If you are doing relaxed or 'lazy' keto, many people think if it fits into your macros it is okay. It's all up to how strictly you are adhering to the plan you have chosen to follow and your body.

My experience with Keto has been that once I am fat adapted, a couple of glasses of wine on one day does not hinder my progress, but I still have to consider the other macros for that day and exercise accordingly as well. But fat adaptation can take several weeks of strict keto and I don't know what plan you are following and how long you have been doing it.

It also depends on what level of deprivation you are wanting to commit to - lol. I still wanted to be able to enjoy some things on holidays and events so I would plan accordingly. For that, it was helpful to research fat adaptation, carb cycling and calorie cycling.

I saw a lot of progress; have been 'off the wagon' recently, but getting back on now. The key is figuring out what works for you. Some peoplecan have alcohol, dairy and artificial sweeteners in moderation and it is fine. Others have to cut it all out to see results. I would cut those things when I hit a plateau or the results weren't fast enough for my liking.

Good luck!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,284 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Starting Weight (September 16,2018) 143.1
    Sunday 10/28: 142.6
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 11/04
    Sunday 11/11
    Sunday 11/18
    Sunday 11/25

October wasn’t a good month, >:):#:'( . I need to focus focus especially before the holidays...
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,284 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @rsclause, I hear you, I’m starting to run again. I’ve ran in a couple half marathons but they were 5/6 years ago. My daughter and I are planning to do one in June of 2019 so I’m starting now, lol. The previous ones were in Las Vegas so I didn’t have to train in the COLD, lol.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in this month. I hold myself accountable more if I know that I'm going to be weighing in every week. Helps me make better choices. :smile: Also, I don't like Thanksgiving foods, so I have no reason to really deviate or cheat. I'm trying to keto-fy my entire TG meal, and whatever my family doesn't want, they can make the 'real' food for themselves. Ha!

Sunday 11/04
    Sunday 11/11
    Sunday 11/18
    Sunday 11/25
    Friday 11/30
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Start Date: 29 July 2018
    SW: 178
    GW: 138

Thursday 11/1: 163
    Sunday 11/04:
    Sunday 11/11:
    Sunday 11/18:
    Sunday 11/25:
    Friday 11/30:

Damnit... I finally broke to 162.5 on Tuesday, and thought maybe that was the start of a decline, as I have not lost weight in over three weeks (hit 163 on 09 October). I started IFing Saturday (Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed, today), but I'm starting November at 163. :'( Like... WTF?! It's like I will never get out of the mid-160s, which is where I've spent the majority of my time over the past few years. Every time I try to lose weight, it's like some eternal struggle to get below 163. 162.5 felt like a victory, but it was incredibly short-lived.

I have also lost ZERO inches over the last full month! Not getting losses on the scale OR inches is so, . Macros are 1350 calories, 98g fat, 101g protein, 20g net carbs. I do muay thai a few times a week, though just once last week and once this week due to work and last night's class cancelled for Halloween.

Anyway, I stopped eating at 8pm last night, and plan to fast until 11:30. I know that's just short of the usual 16 hour fast (two days I went for 18 hours!), but I have five work meetings today, and 11:30 is when I have time (I need to not be hangry at these). Fingers crossed November goes better than October.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Starting weight (July 24, 2018): 200.1
    Goal weight (by June 10, 2019 -my birthday!): 140
    Current weight (Oct 31, 2018): 172.8

Thursday, Nov 1: 172.8
    Nov 4:
    Nov 11:
    Nov 18:
    Nov 25:
    Friday, Nov 30:

Im kind of excited to think that this could be the first time my weight has been in the 160s in over 5 years...!

EDITED: @CarolynRSB -I just read your post after I had posted mine, lol... I hope your stall breaks soon!
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    9/24-Keto SW-206.8lbs
    11/1-CW- 190.8lbs
    SG- 180 by 12/31/18
    GW-140-160lbs

Sunday 11/4-
    Sunday 11/11-
    Sunday 11/18-
    Sunday 11/25-
    Friday 11/30-

I am ready!!

• eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options

If you are following Keto strictly, wine is not 'Keto'. If you are doing relaxed or 'lazy' keto, many people think if it fits into your macros it is okay. It's all up to how strictly you are adhering to the plan you have chosen to follow and your body.

My experience with Keto has been that once I am fat adapted, a couple of glasses of wine on one day does not hinder my progress, but I still have to consider the other macros for that day and exercise accordingly as well. But fat adaptation can take several weeks of strict keto and I don't know what plan you are following and how long you have been doing it.

It also depends on what level of deprivation you are wanting to commit to - lol. I still wanted to be able to enjoy some things on holidays and events so I would plan accordingly. For that, it was helpful to research fat adaptation, carb cycling and calorie cycling.

I saw a lot of progress; have been 'off the wagon' recently, but getting back on now. The key is figuring out what works for you. Some peoplecan have alcohol, dairy and artificial sweeteners in moderation and it is fine. Others have to cut it all out to see results. I would cut those things when I hit a plateau or the results weren't fast enough for my liking.

Good luck!

I agree with everything you said and will add, that when a body is in Ketosis, alcohol becomes much more potent - so, be mindful. I had several glasses of wine the other night when I hadn't eaten dinner and boy, did that hit me hard.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    SW (10'13): 388 (lost 133 lbs by 10'14)
    SW (10'18): 368
    GW 194 - 225 (not sure what I can be healthy at on keto)
    Nov GW: 260 (lazy? probably; reachable? maybe. too many goodies this month. and will be awkward to not eat all the pie that i will be making…though i may make my own pie crust this year to see if i can pull off a coconut flour crust)

Thursday 1 Nov: 267.6 (I know I won't be this low on Monday; but it is nice to have an official record of breaking 100 lbs)
    Monday 5 Nov:
    Monday 12 Nov:
    Monday 19 Nov:
    Monday 26 Nov:
    Friday 30 Nov:
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Here for another month...WOOHOOOOOOO! I'm working on shedding the lbs I allowed myself during October.

Looking forward to the holiday season. This is my favorite time of year.

Nov 1st - 177.0