TEAM: The Slimsons (November)

Options

Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi, I am Cindy and this is my first month doing the challenge. I'm 55 years old and have had weight problems off and on since college. When I started MFP about 3 weeks ago I was at my highest weight of 273 lbs....I'm currently at 261. I'm only 5'2" so that is not good. In the past I have tried many programs (WW, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, South Beach, Phen-fen, gastric lap band surgery) with varying degrees of success. Currently I am seeing a doctor at a weight loss clinic in my city. I will also be seeing a dietitian and a personal trainer at their facility too. My doctor also recommended that I come here and start charting everything.

My goals for November include losing 10 lbs but also to keep to my every day tracking. My only exercise now is getting up from my desk and taking a brisk 5 minute walk up and down the hall every 2 hours. In the next month I plan to incorporate using my exercise bike (or walking outside) when I am at home on the weekends.

The first 12 lbs came off easy....now comes the hard part.

Username: CindyJNC1963
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Starting weight: 261
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Michelle and this is my first month in this group. I'm 36 and I live in Maine and work in New Hampshire. I started my fitness journey in June 2018 and have lost about 35 pounds. I still have about 30 pounds to go but am in no rush as I am making solid progress. I am a super busy person and this keeps me out of trouble. I team full time and work two additional part time jobs and try and go to the gym at least four times a week (I'm trying to bump it up to five times a week but it's tough).

My goal this month is to hit the 200 pound mark but it might be too ambitious as this month is looking to be stressful (in addition to everything else, I have jury duty, my mom is having back surgery and my father-in-law is having knee surgery), but I am up for the challenge! I am also working on no more cheating and if I do eat something off my meal plan, tracking it instead of pretending it hasn't happened.

I'm excited to meet everyone!

Username: orngnerdz
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Starting Weight: 209.1 lbs
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

My name is Kim - I am a wife, mom of 4 and a nurse. I live in Minnesota and it's getting cold here. I'm glad to meet all of your and your interesting stories.

I have gained 30 lbs over the last 2 years due to several reasons. I am actually eating Halloween candy as I write this. LOL. Only 2 days. I swear.

I committed to a "commit to fit" group for the month of November and December to keep it all in check. Plus, I have subscribed to the Daily Burn which has lots of at home exercising to do. I plan to sign up for some 5K's along the way - but again, it's getting cold out.

1 month goal weight
    SW: 202.6
    GW: 197.0

Let's kick some @ss!!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons,

I AM BACK TO GETTING MY HEALTH BACK ON TRACK!!

My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 
    I am 39 years old and trying to lose 200lbs by April so I won't have to do the bariatric surgery. There are a lot of days which the pain is unbearable along with additional health issues such as asthma and pulmonary hypertension due to a long slow gas leak in my apartment has not help matters but since I am determine to lose 200lbs I know I have to Stay positive and look forward and not back at what I did yesterday.

I am currently STRUGGLING JUST TO MAINTAIN FROM DAY TO DAY on my weightloss journey. BUT I HAVE BEEN PRAYING AND MEDITATING MORE IN ORDER TO REMAIN POSITIVE WHICH TO ME IS KEY TO BEING SUCCESSFUL AT MY GOALS. ALTHOUGH I am surprised that I'm actually losing weight but my friend Ashley is helping me with starting Keto Lifestyle and its really working.

I always set goals for myself and this month my goal is to lose 30lbs!

Username: gjaholy33
    Weigh in day: Mondays
    Current Weight: 499.5lbs

Your Co-captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday, Nov 1)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, within goal
    Exercise: Yes-10min yoga, an hour of walking/carrying my son around the Children’s Museum
    Goals/Day/Comments: Today was a little rough because my son is sick and it poured rain all day. I couldn’t get out for a walk and was stir crazy enough to brave a museum with an under the weather baby! My meal times were off so I was hungry at points, but I was able to tell myself that overeating was not going to fix that problem.
  • liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Thursday November 1st
    Track-yes
    Calories-within goal-yes
    Exercise-yes, 60min training program and 30min treadmill
    Goals/day- had a good day. Spent quality time with my son, had a good session at the gym, tracked, and first night back at work after 21 off!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily post:

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (took four 5 minute walks at work today)
    Goals/Day/Comments: I achieved a major goal this week....I was able to stop drinking soft drinks. I was a huge addict but I haven't had a soft drink since Tuesday. I am getting a little better at my walking, not quite as fatigued.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Brittany (aka Britt) and this is my second month in the BLC.

My goal is to loose at least 5 lbs. in November since I did not meet that goal in October, and drink at least 40oz of water. I know that's not a high water goal, but I am horrible at drinking enough and soda/beeritas are my weakness 🍻. Overall, I want to get to 120lbs. With the holidays coming up, I think the BLC is a great way to have accountability.

I'm looking forward to meeting goals with all of you! Feel free to add me on MFP!

Username: Bm00re2u
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 133lbs.

@Bm00re2u Welcome back Britt! Great goals, you got this for November!
    Welcome Newbies!

My name is Jim. I'm 62, reside in Charleston, SC, and I think I'm the only guy in this group.

This is my fourth month with this outfit, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It holds me accountable, to log daily, and gives me motivation in my quest to lose weight. Ashley is a great Capt, always there for encouragement or a kick in the butt. I'm recently retired, married to my best friend and college sweetheart for 37+ years. We have two grown sons, both married and a precious 2 1/2 year old grandson I aptly dubbed Bubby. Highlight of my week is picking Bubby up from daycare two days a week and hanging out. We also have a chunky English Lab that hates walks, pools, dog parks, the beach, and fetching. Bacon. She loves bacon.

Started this weight loss journey on 23 June. To lose 120 lbs. I've knocked almost 40 off, so I only have to do it 2 more times. I have started and quit numerous times, but this time I am motivated, laser focused and will not stop till I reach my objective. Gonna hit some snags on the way. Lord knows, I had a tough month in October. Hired a new nutritionist, and a trainer, went off to Florida for week to help with hurricane relief, and had my worst weight loss month ever. But, it's not going to stop me. And I know it will get better.

Best advice I can give is to please stick to the plan. There is a reason why we are all here. If you have a bad day, or a bad week, don't give up. Keep pushing. Ask for help. Seen too many good people on here just quit and leave after their first week.

Good luck to all. Glad y'all are part of this group. Go Slimsons!

@jcgator2016 I still love the introduction, still don't I've actually issued a kick in the butt yet, but it could happen, welcome back, you've been killing it Jim!
  • Birda46
    Birda46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Daily Challenge

Daily Post (Thursday/11-1-18)
    Calories: Yes I was under budget.
    Exercise: Yes (25 minutes brisk walking up/down hills)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (My goal for the day was to meet my step# and increase the speed with which I cover the same distance. I am getting more consistent at my pace of walking brisk enough to be winded without being out of breath, yet not be jogging. This is important as I am usually walking in the midst of my workday. Halloween candy is a struggle but I held it to my goal limit and was able to "walk away" without falling into old habits. stayed just under my calorie budget!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi, I am Cindy and this is my first month doing the challenge. I'm 55 years old and have had weight problems off and on since college. When I started MFP about 3 weeks ago I was at my highest weight of 273 lbs....I'm currently at 261. I'm only 5'2" so that is not good. In the past I have tried many programs (WW, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, South Beach, Phen-fen, gastric lap band surgery) with varying degrees of success. Currently I am seeing a doctor at a weight loss clinic in my city. I will also be seeing a dietitian and a personal trainer at their facility too. My doctor also recommended that I come here and start charting everything.

My goals for November include losing 10 lbs but also to keep to my every day tracking. My only exercise now is getting up from my desk and taking a brisk 5 minute walk up and down the hall every 2 hours. In the next month I plan to incorporate using my exercise bike (or walking outside) when I am at home on the weekends.

The first 12 lbs came off easy....now comes the hard part.

Username: CindyJNC1963
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Starting weight: 261

@CindyJNC1963 Hi Cindy and welcome! I'm only 4'10" myself and I started my journey at 241. I think that one of the best things I did was hire a personal trainer. Having someone help me in the beginning gain confidence in the gym and help me stay on track with my nutrition really helped me develop the healthy habits I needed to succeed, glad to see you're getting help, it's hard to do, but so worth it!
    orngnerdz wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Michelle and this is my first month in this group. I'm 36 and I live in Maine and work in New Hampshire. I started my fitness journey in June 2018 and have lost about 35 pounds. I still have about 30 pounds to go but am in no rush as I am making solid progress. I am a super busy person and this keeps me out of trouble. I team full time and work two additional part time jobs and try and go to the gym at least four times a week (I'm trying to bump it up to five times a week but it's tough).

My goal this month is to hit the 200 pound mark but it might be too ambitious as this month is looking to be stressful (in addition to everything else, I have jury duty, my mom is having back surgery and my father-in-law is having knee surgery), but I am up for the challenge! I am also working on no more cheating and if I do eat something off my meal plan, tracking it instead of pretending it hasn't happened.

I'm excited to meet everyone!
    @orngnerdz Welcome Michelle! You're doing great! I am with you, being busy keeps me out of trouble too, for the most part, I work 2 jobs, train 4-6 days a week 1-2 hours a day, and hang out here :smile:
    The challenge is staying on track when things don't go our way though, like with the family and your upcoming jury duty, but you got this!

• AB0215
    Options
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    Hi All!!

My name is Kim - I am a wife, mom of 4 and a nurse. I live in Minnesota and it's getting cold here. I'm glad to meet all of your and your interesting stories.

I have gained 30 lbs over the last 2 years due to several reasons. I am actually eating Halloween candy as I write this. LOL. Only 2 days. I swear.

I committed to a "commit to fit" group for the month of November and December to keep it all in check. Plus, I have subscribed to the Daily Burn which has lots of at home exercising to do. I plan to sign up for some 5K's along the way - but again, it's getting cold out.

1 month goal weight
    SW: 202.6
    GW: 197.0

Let's kick some @ss!!

@nisijam5 Hi Kim, welcome to the team! I am not going to lie, I lol'd at the candy comment. I want candy so bad right now, and I bought myself a bag of candy corn for after my meet. I'm going to enjoy every last sugary calorie, haven't had any candy myself in like 18 months, so I'm due. Need to get myself a reeses too, but don't trust myself with that in the house...
    I tried Daily Burn, but I decided I much prefer the gym and the barbell, but that's why there's so many things out there! Good luck, you got this!!
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Hello Team Slimsons,

I AM BACK TO GETTING MY HEALTH BACK ON TRACK!!

My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 
    I am 39 years old and trying to lose 200lbs by April so I won't have to do the bariatric surgery. There are a lot of days which the pain is unbearable along with additional health issues such as asthma and pulmonary hypertension due to a long slow gas leak in my apartment has not help matters but since I am determine to lose 200lbs I know I have to Stay positive and look forward and not back at what I did yesterday.

I am currently STRUGGLING JUST TO MAINTAIN FROM DAY TO DAY on my weightloss journey. BUT I HAVE BEEN PRAYING AND MEDITATING MORE IN ORDER TO REMAIN POSITIVE WHICH TO ME IS KEY TO BEING SUCCESSFUL AT MY GOALS. ALTHOUGH I am surprised that I'm actually losing weight but my friend Ashley is helping me with starting Keto Lifestyle and its really working.

I always set goals for myself and this month my goal is to lose 30lbs!

Username: gjaholy33
    Weigh in day: Mondays
    Current Weight: 499.5lbs

Your Co-captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33

@gjaholy33 I'm so glad you're back Gloria! The trick is to take it ONE day at a time. One. Slow and steady wins the race! You got this! You've been doing really great! Being positive is hard sometimes, but it does help when you are. You got this! And we're all here to help!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @kathleenford04 @liannexx @CindyJNC1963 Great start! Keep it up!
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Track-yes
    Calories-within goal-yes
    Exercise-yes, 90 minutes of strength training
    Goals/day- spent some time working on my deadlift because I've been doing it wrong. My trainer and I decided that I should be doing the sumo stance instead of traditional and I had some success. Next time we will up the weight and see what I can do! Also didn't cheat at all on my meal plan, even with candy all around! Woot woot!
  • AB0215
    Options
    orngnerdz wrote: »
    Track-yes
    Calories-within goal-yes
    Exercise-yes, 90 minutes of strength training
    Goals/day- spent some time working on my deadlift because I've been doing it wrong. My trainer and I decided that I should be doing the sumo stance instead of traditional and I had some success. Next time we will up the weight and see what I can do! Also didn't cheat at all on my meal plan, even with candy all around! Woot woot!

@orngnerdz Great start! It's hard not to cheat when there's candy around you, like it's asking for trouble!
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started MFP on the 9th October at 264.5lbs (120kg). I weighed 250.2 on Monday but I guess most of that was water weight. Goal weight is 145lb which is what I weighed 2.5 years ago.

I am 5ft9, 41 years old and mother to 2 boys aged 12 and 7.

I have started diets but only lasted a few days. This time feels different! Looking forward to this challenge 😁
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I started MFP on the 9th October at 264.5lbs (120kg). I weighed 250.2 on Monday but I guess most of that was water weight. Goal weight is 145lb which is what I weighed 2.5 years ago.

I am 5ft9, 41 years old and mother to 2 boys aged 12 and 7.

I have started diets but only lasted a few days. This time feels different! Looking forward to this challenge 😁

@Jaydoh120 I think the hardest part of losing weight is being mentally prepared for it. You have to be ready and willing to embrace the change that's necessary to lose the weight. I found that the times that I make excuses for it, saying things like, well life happens, etc, tends to take me down that dark path that leads to no change. In the long run, yes, one day won't hurt, the issue is you HAVE to get back into it the next day to succeed, otherwise, you're just doing the same things over and over again and no meaningful change happens.
    Glad to see that you feel like this time is different, that is step one! Also, glad to see you joined us, having a great support system also helps a lot!
    Welcome to the team!
  • kathleenford04
    Options
    @AB0215 My weigh day is Friday, so should I post today or wait until next week?
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 My weigh day is Friday, so should I post today or wait until next week?

@kathleenford04 It's up to you, your first weigh in is actually 11-9, but if you want to update your starting weight you can, it's not really going to make a big difference if you don't really. It's only a couple days difference.
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    cmteach4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 189.8

Goal: 183
  • kathleenford04
    Options
    Kathleenford04
    Weigh in day: Friday