This October I Will...

12345679»

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,642 Member
    @77tes You are on a roll today👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻! I think watching those stars line up will remind you of how much you’ve accomplished instead of thinking of many essays you have left to grade. And I noticed on my home page that you also got your daily workout done, too, as usual. Awesome!!!
  • nebslp
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Today is 31 days of Intermittent fasting. I feel good, I feel healthy and strong. I did not drop any weight which surprises me. I am going to continue with IF since this seems to work for me.
    I tried IF for about a week this month and then I got sidetracked. I like it, too, and am planning on making that one of my November goals. I did 14-16 hours and had no problem with it even though I had been used to eating later in the evenings (because I stay up too late)! Congrats on staying focused and getting 31 days!!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,209 Member
    77tes wrote: »
    @nebslp and @gojolida , thanks for another great inspiration. I've got 50 essays that I need to grade and provide feedback on by next week. And ,of course, I still have to teach, grade smaller assignments, and do all the other things in my life like exercise and cook. So I've broken down the task to 10 essays per day. I'll try to do them in 15 minute chunks, and I made myself a star chart. Every essay I finish grading, I give myself a star. Wish me luck! I already have 1 star this morning, and it is only 8:20, and I also graded over 100 smaller assignments as well.

Breaking it down into smaller pieces makes it more manageable, just as a 100 pound weight loss goal is more doable in 5 or 10 pound increments.

I like the star reward! It's a nice visual reward!
  • themedalist
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Today is 31 days of Intermittent fasting. I feel good, I feel healthy and strong. I did not drop any weight which surprises me. I am going to continue with IF since this seems to work for me.

Excellent, @PinkyPan1! Feeling good, healthy, and strong is terrific!
  • nebslp
    12/13 hours. Last day of reporting! Thank you for helping with my accountability this month. I think it’s a main reason why I was successful with this goal.
  • themedalist
    nebslp wrote: »
    12/13 hours. Last day of reporting! Thank you for helping with my accountability this month. I think it’s a main reason why I was successful with this goal.

Congrats, @nebslp! You did beautifully!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,680 Member
    Here's yesterday's star chart. I taped it on the wall by my computer. I decided to give myself extra cost pumps as the numbers accumulated, so I have myself a star for it's place in the line. It looks like I did 55 essays, but putting up the extra stars was encouraging,especially as I not tired. I'll make another chart for today.

• nebslp
    ⭐️ 🌟 💫!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,680 Member
    Another day of 10 essays! ub015118d8c5.jpg
  • nebslp
    @77tes Fist-pump to you! .... question... how do you add a picture to your post?
  • themedalist
    @77tes Fist-pump to you! .... question... how do you add a picture to your post?

@nebslp, above the text box for typing your post is a line of icons starting with the letter ‘B’ for bold. Towards the end of the line is an icon of a picture of some mountains and the sun. That’s the icon to use for uploading a picture to your post.
  • themedalist

I love the star chart, @77tes.
  • themedalist
    edited November 2018
    I did a final count and I logged 74 of 93 meals in my MFP food diary in October. That’s 80% and I’m happy with that. I’m going to continue to log my food.