Todays Weight: 250.8
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    8/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes, Calorie Deficit= 750
    EX = BWE + 2553 steps (Office again, boooooo)
    Day = Got up late and grabbed packaged low calorie, high protein stuff. There was pizza at work and I simply couldn't resist (Roquefort, plum and red onion = divine!!) but stayed sensible on calories and didn't have my afternoon snack. Lovely filling dinner and I have a small snack prepared for later. Didn't do too well on water today but did have more fruit than yesterday. I will smash the water tonight after BWE. Tomorrow morning is weigh in! Excited and scared (have an exam too :lol: ).
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @xr8_kiwi
    You’re crushing it with some great losses. What are your current diet and exercise details? Deficit goal, etc..
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, November 7th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 39 minute walk
    steps: 17,348, green screen again!!
    water: 88 ounces

I need to get my but moving today, or my streak of green screens will end!! We are taking my MIL out for dinner tonight for her birthday, so I am saving most of my calories for then, which means I am starving right now!!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    T34S3l wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    8/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes, Calorie Deficit= 750
    EX = BWE + 2553 steps (Office again, boooooo)
    Day = Got up late and grabbed packaged low calorie, high protein stuff. There was pizza at work and I simply couldn't resist (Roquefort, plum and red onion = divine!!) but stayed sensible on calories and didn't have my afternoon snack. Lovely filling dinner and I have a small snack prepared for later. Didn't do too well on water today but did have more fruit than yesterday. I will smash the water tonight after BWE. Tomorrow morning is weigh in! Excited and scared (have an exam too :lol: ).

Way to work those calories so you could have some of that gourmet pizza!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    xr8_kiwi wrote: »
    Username: xr8_kiwi
    Weigh in week: November week 1
    Weigh in day: friday
    Previous Week's weight: 255.2
    Todays Weight: 250.8

Another week, another fabulous loss!! I do hope you'll share your secrets with us....we are all dying to know how you are doing it, week after week!!!
  • xr8_kiwi
    xr8_kiwi Posts: 53 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    @xr8_kiwi
    You’re crushing it with some great losses. What are your current diet and exercise details? Deficit goal, etc..

Thanks @mike2g and @HASWLRS
    I have been following a keto food plan since signing up for the October challenge, I worked a bit harder this week after a bad few days at the start of last week, resulting in no loss....I use MFP to log meals, keep under my calories and follow my macros closely. I usually have 300-400 calories left over each day.
    For exercise, it's usually a road walk for 20/30 mins, but it doesnt happen as often as I'd like, as we work long hours on the farm, also having just come through the busiest period of spring/calving.
    So once things slow down a bit more, will try to up my walks. I would love to join a gym, but living rurally it's a bit of a drive to get there.
    This challenge group has been awesome for keeping me on track and accountable. I also belong to a local keto group on Facebook, where there are a lot of meal ideas, successes etc and I pick up a lot of tips there.
    Edited to add; I wish I had of taken my measurements before starting.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm worried. I have been eating much healthier this week and exercised as much as time permitted but I am afraid I didn't lose much. Plus tonight, it's my sister birthday and she chose a Japanese steakhouse. All that sodium might make me retain water. sigh...it is what it is. fingers crossed for some weight loss tomorrow.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @xr8_kiwi

I have been following a keto food plan since signing up for the October challenge, I worked a bit harder this week after a bad few days at the start of last week, resulting in no loss....I use MFP to log meals, keep under my calories and follow my macros closely. I usually have 300-400 calories left over each day.
    For exercise, it's usually a road walk for 20/30 mins, but it doesnt happen as often as I'd like, as we work long hours on the farm, also having just come through the busiest period of spring/calving.
    So once things slow down a bit more, will try to up my walks. I would love to join a gym, but living rurally it's a bit of a drive to get there.
    This challenge group has been awesome for keeping me on track and accountable. I also belong to a local keto group on Facebook, where there are a lot of meal ideas, successes etc and I pick up a lot of tips there.

That's awesome, I have been wanting to stick keto, made it day 2 six times and quit. lol it's hard without bread or rice in my culture.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    melissan84 wrote: »
    Hi all. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm worried. I have been eating much healthier this week and exercised as much as time permitted but I am afraid I didn't lose much. Plus tonight, it's my sister birthday and she chose a Japanese steakhouse. All that sodium might make me retain water. sigh...it is what it is. fingers crossed for some weight loss tomorrow.

Like you said...it is what it is!! If your weight goes up from sodium, it will come down with lots of water!! You said you are eating healthier, but do you know how much you are eating? Are you weighing and measuring your food? Some people can lose weight just by making good healthy choices and knowing what reasonable servings look like. Most, however, will be shocked at how many calories they really are eating, healthy or not, if they are not weighing and measuring their food. Just a word of caution!
  • mikea2g
    Options
    melissan84 wrote: »

This. Every single weigh in I’m terrified. Super lame to have such an emotional morning once a week, but it is what it is. Until that number gets down and the number of NSVs increase, I’m sure I’ll feel that anxiety.

Especially weeks I didn’t hit the exercise hard, I’m terrified. This would be one of those weeks for me. I did stick to calories and healthy choices so I know I did the best I could with food. If the scale is off, I know it’s all about the less intense exercise I did this week.

Basically as long as you’re doing the best you can, then that’s all that matters. Look for areas to improve and improve them. Then look forward to the weight loss trending down over the long haul. :)
  • mikea2g
    Options
    @xr8_kiwi

Sounds like your secret to success is sticking to the basics and being consistent :). You must stay pretty busy being on the farm. Sounds like quite the experience!

I completely regret not taking measurements as well. Never too late. I still haven’t done mine but maybe tomorrow I will for the first time. I’m only half way to my goal so I’m sure there’s plenty left to change :wink:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Thursday mini challenge
    Y to calories , logging and exercise
    A good day !
  • mikea2g
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Thursday, November 8, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: No - :( had a crick in my neck causing problems all week so my exercise has been basic walking. Didn’t get to do that today, so sad. It is interesting how hungry I am on days I don’t workout intensely. I barely make calories on no exercise days while the days I hit the gym hard I’m easily in range (without eating any exercise calories back)
  • ENRiyard
    ENRiyard Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Wed 7.11
    Thu 8.11

Y Under calories
    Y Tracking
    No exercise
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Thursday, November 8, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: No - :( had a crick in my neck causing problems all week so my exercise has been basic walking. Didn’t get to do that today, so sad. It is interesting how hungry I am on days I don’t workout intensely. I barely make calories on no exercise days while the days I hit the gym hard I’m easily in range (without eating any exercise calories back)

That sounds so backwards, doesn't it? I have heard of people being extra hungry the day after an intense workout....does that just happen to coincide with your rest days? Sorry about your sore neck.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    11/8:
    Tracking: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes 35 minutes aerobics
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    November 8
    Tracking- yes