November 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @anaconda469: Please feel free to PM me if you need to vent. I will pray that this repair is your last one. You are a strong woman and have dealt with much but you have had wonderful victories. I hope you will remember all the good things you have accomplished.
    @Dean: I get the impatient pet owners. They just want their animals to get better so I would say the later would bother me more. I remember a vet asking us if we wanted to give my German Shepherd pills or injections for her diabetes. I was 13 years old and my dad and I never dealt with it before. So we was took the pills.she was emaciated and she ended up being put down because she had not been spayed and ended up with some complications. When I look at her last day pics, it makes me sick. If he had told us that the pills would most likely be a waste, we would have gone for the insulin injections. He was an old large animal vet and that was back in the 60’s. I gave my last dog insulin when he was diagnosed. Wrong treatment. I understand the implications now but had it been explained to us, we would have done the right thing. I also have felt my current vet missed the boat on my current dog. She was going lame in her left leg for a good while and it was past off as arthritis. Now she cannot walk. I have pet insurance, she could have referred me to my specialty hospital.

Nov. 7 and 8: Yesterday, I walked around for over five hours with a 25 pound leaf blower on my back....I did my yard and two neighbors. Even got some cycling in as it was a balmy 60. Adding 25 miles of walking and cycling.
    TTD: 83 miles

exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

7th: 0 miles - MTD
    8th: 4.57 miles - MTD 17.18
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,907 Member
    Options
    @darkrider42 - Dave, I am so sorry about your son. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with him. What a terrible disappointment.

I took it easy this week with a couple of small walks. My legs are fine but I have a nice shiner on my right eye (the side I fell on) and my right arm is sore, presumably because I broke the fall with that hand. All and all I count myself lucky. After the race I remembered that a couple of years ago an 86 year old woman named Joy Johnson died after falling and hitting her head during her 25th marathon. She was a much loved figure in New York.

I'm at 36/75. Heading to Florida today for the winter.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    .. adding a few miles!

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    @darkrider42 - Dave, I am so sorry about your son. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with him. What a terrible disappointment.

I took it easy this week with a couple of small walks. My legs are fine but I have a nice shiner on my right eye (the side I fell on) and my right arm is sore, presumably because I broke the fall with that hand. All and all I count myself lucky. After the race I remembered that a couple of years ago an 86 year old woman named Joy Johnson died after falling and hitting her head during her 25th marathon. She was a much loved figure in New York.
    I'm at 36/75. Heading to Florida today for the winter.

@ Janet, you are very fortunate. I am sure if you are like me and most runners, you are always scanning the roadway ahead of you while you run, for potholes, manhole coves, rutts and changes in the pavement to prevent a fall. I guess when we are amping up for a race, we pay little notice to things and are more likely to fall. I am just glad you are okay.
    And yes, it could have been much worse. Joy Johnson was my hero and role model. It broke my heart when she passed away from complications of her fall during that race. She, like me, was a PE teacher. She took up running at retirement and I took it up at age 58 and ran my first race at age 59. I always tell my husband not to be sad should I collapse and die while running because I will be doing something I love. I know that her family tried to talk her out of running that race and she said just one more. God gave her that last race.
    Have a safe trip back to Florida.

@Dave: I am sorry that your son was released from the military. I am sure it is very disheartening. I often find that when such things happen, they are hidden blessings in disguise. God often has something better in mind for us or is protecting us from some unforeseen harm.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    Adding 2 miles

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    11/09
    28.97 miles
    217.74 miles MTD
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Off to commune with nature this weekend! And it's going to be a cold one!!! :cold_sweat:

Dave
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Last week I wrote that my regular walk was shorten because we had an active shooter/SWAT incident in my town.

Sheriff Deputies were serving a warrant at a local business on a convicted sex offender who failed to register. A scuffle ensued, an officer was cut with a knife, suspect was tazed, but got away and ran to his nearby residence (a local motel). When officers breached the door, the suspect fired upon a officer. The officer was shot in the face with a shotgun, airflighted to Austin. He is still in critical condition, lost one eye and doctors are trying to save the other eye. Please keep this LEO in your prayers. He is a 32yo single dad of 3 daughters.

After the officer was shot, the suspect barricaded himself in the hotel room. A standoff between the suspect and SWAT officers and other Texas law enforcement officers went on for several hours before the suspect was arrested.

Again, please keep this deputy and his family in your prayers.

11/02 - 2.6m walk with dogs
    11/03 - rest
    11/04 - 7m hike with dogs
    11/05 - 2.5m walk with dogs
    11/06 - 2m walk with dogs
    11/07 - rest
    11/08 - 8.4m bike ride, 2m walk with dogs

25.7/60 miles to date

11/09 - 2m dog walk

27.7/60 miles to date
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @anaconda469: Please feel free to PM me if you need to vent. I will pray that this repair is your last one. You are a strong woman and have dealt with much but you have had wonderful victories. I hope you will remember all the good things you have accomplished.
    @Dean: I get the impatient pet owners. They just want their animals to get better so I would say the later would bother me more. I remember a vet asking us if we wanted to give my German Shepherd pills or injections for her diabetes. I was 13 years old and my dad and I never dealt with it before. So we was took the pills.she was emaciated and she ended up being put down because she had not been spayed and ended up with some complications. When I look at her last day pics, it makes me sick. If he had told us that the pills would most likely be a waste, we would have gone for the insulin injections. He was an old large animal vet and that was back in the 60’s. I gave my last dog insulin when he was diagnosed. Wrong treatment. I understand the implications now but had it been explained to us, we would have done the right thing. I also have felt my current vet missed the boat on my current dog. She was going lame in her left leg for a good while and it was past off as arthritis. Now she cannot walk. I have pet insurance, she could have referred me to my specialty hospital.

Nov. 7 and 8: Yesterday, I walked around for over five hours with a 25 pound leaf blower on my back....I did my yard and two neighbors. Even got some cycling in as it was a balmy 60. Adding 25 miles of walking and cycling.
    TTD: 83 miles

exercise.png

Thank you all for the kind wishes. I am scheduled for the 20th, 2 days before Thanksgiving. Will be wired shut so no turkey or goodies for me :'(:'(:'(
  • anaconda469
    Options
    Total: 146.0 miles

11/08 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/09 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 194.0 miles

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Walked 2 miles at the gym after doing some strength training.

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Picked up a cold. I hate that! If you're not going to share your vanilla icecream covered brownies with me, don't share your cold with me! Hopefully I'll get back to riding on Monday.
  • JTH11706
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@sufferlandrian - "if you're not going to share your vanilla ice cream covered brownies with me, don't share your cold" Hahahah! Feel better.

@anaconda469 - I'm thinking big fat turkey dinner on the 18th or 19th? Good luck with the surgery.

@darkrider42 - Have a great weekend, Dave, and stay warm! I'm done with cold weather - Florida here I come.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Adding 8.29 **sigh** wish this foot would hurry up and get better.

exercise.png

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Chris
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I know its late in the month and that I've been gone awhile, but I'm in this month for 50 miles!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am late in joining. Could you please add me for another 60 miles?

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    11/10
    22.74 miles
    240.48 miles MTD
  • JTH11706
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@cpanus - I wish your foot would hurry up and get better too.

@micheleg1965 - welcome back!

Never too late to join this challenge.
  • anaconda469
    Options
    11/08 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/09 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/10 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 218.0 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.