TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    kidkees wrote: »
    It’s tough to be excited about weigh ins when I can’t seem to get under 158. YET. 158.2

I don't know what to say! Your workouts are very extensive, so I am sure you burn a lot of calories. Are you possibly overestimating your calorie burn and eating back too many of those calories? Do you weigh and measure your food, as in, is your logging as accurate as it can be? How are your macros? You emphasized the word "yet" so you haven't given up hope, which is a huge positive!! Just keep on truckin'!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    November 20th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water jogged for 2hrs and 30mins of swimming

What a great workout!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Wednesday, November 21, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 15 minutes at high intensity on the bike / 10 minutes on the prowler sled - super short workout for me, but I did get some pretty good intensity. Running around like crazy today. Going to try and get my workout in early morning on thanksgiving

Great strategy...workout before the day gets too busy!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting weight on 7/25/2018: 309
    September start weight: 290
    October start weight: 279
    November start weight: 264.7
    -————————————-
    Previous Week's weight: 259
    Today's Weight: 258.4

Well, not exactly sure what’s happening. According to all forums it could be my change to heavy lifting instead of cardio first. Water retention and all that. I’ve stuck to my 1000 calorie /day deficit, exercised a lot, logged religiously, drink over a gallon of water a day, mostly get enough sleep. It is a loss and a downward trend, just a little frustrating to see the number change so little sometimes.

I think I was really looking forward to a bigger number loss as I’m visiting family today and totally wanted to brag. Oh well, maybe I’ll get that magical “woosh” next week. :)

You seem to have listed many of the reasons why the scale didn't cooperate fully this morning, but like you said, it IS still a loss, and heading in the right direction!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    November 22
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 180
    Current- 180
    No change but I'll take it.
    Happy Thanksgiving BBT!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    November 22
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 180
    Current- 180
    No change but I'll take it.
    Happy Thanksgiving BBT!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, and then get right back to the business of losing weight....we want to get you out of the 80's for good!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving to those celebrating today!

Enjoy yourself and don’t beat yourself up for eating not on diet plan today. Just make sure you get back to it tomorrow!

I want to second this sentiment!! Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans on TBBT!! Enjoy today,,,,back at it tomorrow!!
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tuesday and Wednesday
    Tracked and under
    Walked Tuesday, and Wednesday evening was 2.5 hours at the gym doing Chisel, cardio tai box, Pound and Zumba. Nearly 20k steps.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week: 3
    Weight in day:Friday usually
    Previous weeks weight: 144.6
    Today’s weight:143.8

November 21

60min yoga & meditation
    20 min walk
    Steps: 6087
    Water: 88oz
  • xr8_kiwi
    xr8_kiwi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Username: xr8_kiwi
    Weigh in week: November week 3
    Weigh in day: friday
    Previous Week's weight: 249.3
    Todays Weight: 244.7
    This week I am finally stating to notice changes with my clothing.
    Have started setting some new goals and well as getting slowly closer to my big one of starting to ride my horses again, it is motivating. I bought a tape measure yesterday so will, finally take measurements today, and if I log into MFP on my laptop I can see older measurements for a bit of an idea.
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating that :-D
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's daily challenge doesn't appear to have posted. It's a good job I keep my own!

MINI CHALLENGE
    21/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes
    EX = BWE + helping a friend move house
    Day = Balancing my days back out calorie wise. I have slipped and although I have been under my calorie limit, I have been eating erratically with very little in the day and a huge meal before bed (which we all know isn't helpful!). So back on track today with a healthily big breakfast, lunch, snacks and a really delicious but 400 cal-ish evening meal. Hope I'll see the benefits next week 🙂

MINI CHALLENGE
    22/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes
    EX = BWE + moving furniture!
    Day = Maintained the healthy balance today again with a really tasty and kind of huge breakfast! Porridge, raspberries, peanut butter, honey and milk and it was delicious! Busy day so no bored eating, despite the jelly sweets, mince pies and chocolate biscuits that I was offered! 💪
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wed & Thur mini challenge
    Y to logging, calories and exercise .
    I know my weight is going to be up still from my trip for weigh in tmrw 😭
    Happy Thanksgiving to my USA peeps
  • ImjustBev2019
    ImjustBev2019 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    November 22nd

• mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Thursday, November 22, 2018
    Logged food: Yes (roughly - ate a lot of food someone else made so had to estimate. Plus I didn’t have my scale so tried to eyeball cups of stuff). I had a small breakfast and no lunch, then a lot of food at thanksgiving dinner. It’s amazing the calorie density of some of the foods I ate compared to what I normally eat.

Under calories: NO NO NO! :). The funny thing is, I ended up just under my maintenance calories for my current weight (260 pounds - approx 3000 calories) Also, if you factor the exercise calories, which were about 500, I actually had a 500 deficit day. I had a lot more carbs than usual so I’m curious what the water weight gain will show for tomorrow morning.

Exercised: Yes - 35 minutes elliptical / 30 minutes upper body strength training / 20 minutes playing with the kids where they try to tag me and I run away. :)
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    11/22/18:
    Tracked: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes 60 min walk, 30 min stationary bike and 40 minute walk
    Got lots of exercise to balance out Thanksgiving.
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: T34S3L
    Previous Week's weight: 191.8
    Today's weight: 191.7

It's very small but it's in the right direction! I'm pretty sure my muscle mass is increasing and my body fat percentage is decreasing. I knew this was coming. Just going to approach it with a positive mental attitude and look on the bright side. I have made changes to my diet, increased my knowledge and am on track for the rest of my life. Not on a "diet" 🙂
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day 11/22
    This week’s weight: 162.2
    Weight from two weeks ago: ~158

• Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Nov Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.75
    Current Weight: 207.25

Weekly Loss 4.25lbs / 2.01%
    Total Loss 91.0lbs / 30.49%

Good week for me, happy with it. Will kick on now this week as last week before my Christmas celebrations start
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kidkees wrote: »
    Tuesday and Wednesday
    Tracked and under
    Walked Tuesday, and Wednesday evening was 2.5 hours at the gym doing Chisel, cardio tai box, Pound and Zumba. Nearly 20k steps.

You are absolutely killing your workouts!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week: 3
    Weight in day:Friday usually
    Previous weeks weight: 144.6
    Today’s weight:143.8

November 21

60min yoga & meditation
    20 min walk
    Steps: 6087
    Water: 88oz

You are doing so well, Tami! Consistently losing a little most every week. Almost another pound gone!!
This discussion has been closed.