TEAM: Run Track Minds (December)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited December 2018 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• geekyfella
    geekyfella Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nice to be on board. ☺️ what a month to pick to do this.
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    geekyfella wrote: »
    Nice to be on board. ☺️ what a month to pick to do this.

@geekyfella Welcome to the team!! Definitely a tough month to start, but I think it's going to feel that much more rewarding to lose this month :smiley:
  • redrob1966
    redrob1966 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rob from England. I have been in this group for several months now and looking forward to a testing december. i spend a lot of time in the car which isnt helping my progress. i am looking at reducing calories to 1800 this month and see how this helps with the training. im starting to get some distance in my training, but doing things wrong i guess ,which is why progress has slowed i guess. never mind its a new month and i am sure between us we will all achieve great things.

good luck to all new and team mates from previous months.

Rob
  • HaCee75
    HaCee75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone 😊 This is my first time in this group. I have tried and failed dieting so many times I am getting ashamed. But I am here now and I think this will help me be accountable and motivated. I need all the help I can get.
  • tlgale
    Options
    HaCee75 wrote: »
    Hello everyone 😊 This is my first time in this group. I have tried and failed dieting so many times I am getting ashamed. But I am here now and I think this will help me be accountable and motivated. I need all the help I can get.

@HaCee75 Welcome to the team!! I completely agree with what @geekyfella said, don't feel ashamed...you're definitely not the only person to try a million times, I know I have. Also, I would stop thinking diet and start thinking lifestyle change. Diets are always associated with cutting out everything and anything you like..a lifestyle change sounds more like enjoying things in moderation. I know if I want something, I'll have it, as long as it fits into my calorie goal!
  • HaCee75
    HaCee75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    HaCee75 wrote: »

@HaCee75 Welcome to the team!! I completely agree with what @geekyfella said, don't feel ashamed...you're definitely not the only person to try a million times, I know I have. Also, I would stop thinking diet and start thinking lifestyle change. Diets are always associated with cutting out everything and anything you like..a lifestyle change sounds more like enjoying things in moderation. I know if I want something, I'll have it, as long as it fits into my calorie goal!

@tlgale Thank you so much 😊 lifestyle change does sound a lot better! I am so excited to be on this team 😁
  • fitlori2019
    fitlori2019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lori💖 This isn’t my first time on MFP or attempting to change my unhealthy lifestyle. However, I’m starting new and trying again! I have tried this challenge once before and struggled to stay accountable- that’s why I am so happy this is the theme! I am looking forward to chatting with people and hopefully staying motivated and lose some weight! Please feel free to add me if you want ❄️😊
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lori💖 This isn’t my first time on MFP or attempting to change my unhealthy lifestyle. However, I’m starting new and trying again! I have tried this challenge once before and struggled to stay accountable- that’s why I am so happy this is the theme! I am looking forward to chatting with people and hopefully staying motivated and lose some weight! Please feel free to add me if you want ❄️😊

@fitlori2019 Hi Lori, welcome to the team!!
    I hope we can help you stay accountable to reach your goals :smile: I'd reccomend giving the daily posts a try, they seem to work well, I know they do for myself anyway!
  • geekyfella
    Options
    Hey team. So, we’re away. It’s December. Saturdays have always been a struggle for me. I have a lot of running around to do and would have normally grabbed some junk in the morning and just allowed myself to go downhill from there. Today, that’s not going to happen. Where I would have usually popped to McDonald’s - I know - don’t judge - I just grabbed a tuna sandwich on brown bread. A small change in habit but a big one for me. I’m very much a creature of habit but I resisted.

I’m going to try to go for a walk later on and wish I could get to the gym but unfortunately commitments mean that I can’t. I had the weekend planned out - going for a long walk in the hills- but alas that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be all about counting the calories today.

Good luck all and keep your chin up. If anyone needs encouragement, feel free to drop me a line.
  • ERIKJ182
    ERIKJ182 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Howdy all.
    I'm new to posting about myself, so here we go. My weight loss challenge started on 02/05/2018, my heaviest @ 244.8lbs. Now, I am at 223.1lbs and would love to be at 200 by 03/01/2019.

My weight loss has stalled @ 220-223, so im hoping that this group will help me to stay accountable to reach my 200lbs goal.

Good luck to everyone. Lets CRUSH this month!!!
  • chyna85
    chyna85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to this thread, a little about myself....I decided to change my diet on 11/30/2018 reason being I gradually have gained 30 lbs. I want to lose the weight and keep it off once and for all. My starting weight is 199.6lbs and my goal weight is at least 140-150. Hopefully being on this team will motivated me to keep on track.

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • tlgale
    Options
    Welcome to the team @ERIKJ182 and @chyna85 :smiley:
  • tlgale
    Options
    fic2usviq0ko.png

We've got this!!!
  • geekyfella
    Options
    Morning team. 7am here on a Sunday morning. Why am I up? Who knows, but I am. That said, I do love mornings. Gotta confession to make... I had too much to drink last night. Food intake was right where it needs to be but then I had a G&T, and then another, so I’m a little concerned about that. I think liquid calories might actually be my main issue. Nothing tonight and then get the weigh in done tomorrow and see what the scales say. They don’t lie, so it will indicate to me how much of a difference knocking the alcohol on the head will have. Have a great day everyone, and keep focussed.
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hey team. So, we’re away. It’s December. Saturdays have always been a struggle for me. I have a lot of running around to do and would have normally grabbed some junk in the morning and just allowed myself to go downhill from there. Today, that’s not going to happen. Where I would have usually popped to McDonald’s - I know - don’t judge - I just grabbed a tuna sandwich on brown bread. A small change in habit but a big one for me. I’m very much a creature of habit but I resisted.

I’m going to try to go for a walk later on and wish I could get to the gym but unfortunately commitments mean that I can’t. I had the weekend planned out - going for a long walk in the hills- but alas that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be all about counting the calories today.

Good luck all and keep your chin up. If anyone needs encouragement, feel free to drop me a line.

@geekyfella Great job skipping on the McDonald's! It's definitely my favorite fast food, even though I know it's horrible for me, so no judgement here.
  • tlgale
    Options
    Morning team. 7am here on a Sunday morning. Why am I up? Who knows, but I am. That said, I do love mornings. Gotta confession to make... I had too much to drink last night. Food intake was right where it needs to be but then I had a G&T, and then another, so I’m a little concerned about that. I think liquid calories might actually be my main issue. Nothing tonight and then get the weigh in done tomorrow and see what the scales say. They don’t lie, so it will indicate to me how much of a difference knocking the alcohol on the head will have. Have a great day everyone, and keep focussed.

@geekyfella Alcohol is a hard one, so many calories per drink! Maybe try saving a few calories some days so that you can have a drink without going over calories? Or on a day when you've worked out really hard and have earned a good drink?!!! I use to drink a lot of my calories, but in Pepsi! I was drinking about a 2lt a day so I switched to diet, but last month gave it up for the most part completely...I found it was triggering cravings for junk food.
    Hopefully you figure out what works for you :smile:
  • tlgale
    Options
    How about an ice breaker to get the month started?
    A random fact about myself: I wear flats (flat slipper type shoes) pretty much all year round. No matter how cold, wet or snowy it gets..which is most of the time where I live (Newfoundland Canada).
    What is a random fact about everyone else??
This discussion has been closed.