zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    December 3
    Exercised:- Walked on treadmill 60 mins
    Calories:- Yes
    Tracked:- Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    @ craigo3154

What is your resting heart rate? What's your eventual target?

Resting HR right now is 56 or above. At peak marathon training I was around 46. 7 years younger and 40+ pounds lighter! I doubt there will be any more marathons, but really want that number to be lower since I know is doable.

@zimborunner. This is already excellent. 60 is usually considered low for a non-athelete. Below 60 is a condition known as "Bradycardia". For an elite cardio athlete (marathon runner - tour-de-france cyclist), 40 is about as low as you ever want to go.

https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/heart-health/low-heart-rate-dangerous/

If it is too low and you are not an athlete, "syncope" can develop. This means you can have insufficient blood flow to the brain and can cause feinting.

Cardio athletes develop larger and more powerful heart muscles that can pump more with each beat. This way it can deliver more when needed. When at rest the beats don't NEED to be as frequent as each beat pumps more.

Low resting heart rate for a cardio athlete is normal, but for a lot of others this can be a problem.
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2018
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    What are three things that make your weight loss journey better or easier? This could be stuff you have or stuff you wish for, and doesn't even have to be stuff.

1. MFP. The challenges have kept me on track for the past few months for the most part. It's also been rewarding seeing how I've done for the whole month. When I see the total weight loss for the month, it keeps me going into the next month. I also love the success stories threads with before and after pictures to keep me going so one day I can put my own picture on one of those posts.

2. Facebook. I'm in a Nutrisystem support group on there that shares recipes to doctor up the meals, motivation posts, before and after pictures etc.

3. My stubborn self and my drive to prove people wrong at work. I've had many people say "good luck" in a sarcastic way like I'll never get to goal... and other nasty comments... placing cookies in front of my face even after I turned them down politely... gave away said cookie and the guy that bought the cookie gets up.. takes it from the co worker i handed it to and places it BACK on my desk. He is "trying" to lose weight... i want to just rub his face in the fact that I did it and he couldn't even with all his attempts to sabotage me (there's been more then a handful of incidents) ... 44 lbs down and 95 lbs to go!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    December 4
    Exercised? Yes. Housework
    Calories ? Yes
    Tracked.? Yes
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 589 Member
    December 3
    Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    westray16 wrote: »
    Username westray16
    Dec wk1
    PW 195 lbs
    CW 195 lbs

You're hanging in there @westray16! How's life treating you these days? Hope all is well! :smile:
  • LesIckaBod
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous Wt: 285.2
    Current Wt: 284.8

Well... not that impressive... but a move in the right direction! Sorry for the late weigh in.

@WishfulThinning18 Every little bit is another scrape and claw up this weight-loss cliff. It all counts! :)
  • LesIckaBod
    dommylifts wrote: »
    My answer to the question...
    1. Tracking and weighing all of my food. It’s made a huge difference in my success.
    2. Being active in my journey and not passive. By this I mean I make a conscious effort to eat properly, weigh and track. I take pride in my body and the nutrition I give it which I didn’t before
    3. Workout. I workout and I love it and I can tell the difference it has made in my body composition.

@dommylifts Good one about being "active" in terms of thinking and making conscious effort! So much of success seems to be mindset change. What did it for you this time?
  • LesIckaBod
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

We have no Tuesday weighers, but there are a couple of Monday folks who are still missing/ I missed:

@charmainekotze
    @eevang

Post your weights using this format:
    Username
    December Week 1
    Previous Weight: (viewable in the December spreadsheet, if you forget)
    Current weight:
  • LesIckaBod
    December 3
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Yesterday I had a mentally and emotionally tough morning, partly exacerbated by having a greater overall workload right now, and being more tired and overworked makes handling unexpected "downers" even harder. Not an uncommon feeling, I think.

Anyway, I held myself together and at last reached the point in the day where I could put away my work and start my exercise. It's something I look forward to everyday, but especially on these hard days. A time to focus on myself and feel "present" within myself. I had a strength routine yesterday, and now as I do bent-over rows, I feel the strength of my legs and hips keeping me grounded and stable, like I'm actually attached to earth rather than just standing on it. It feels really good.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    December 3
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    December 1, 2, 3

I'm walking for a minimum of 35 minute every day. For the first three, it has been after 8:30 pm. It's not easy, after the temperatures drop, but I never regret it! I'm adding in small intervals - slight inclines and 30 seconds of jogging, here and there. Every little bit counts.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Weighed myself this morning and I was 6 pounds up. I got two days to drop it not looking too good as my loss streak may come to an end come Thursday. It doesn't bother me because I know I ate like a pig last weekend but a little surprised that I showed that much gain. I didn't think I ate that bad. We will see what Thursday brings though as I've been watching what I've been eating the last couple days and I know a lot of that will drop
  • LesIckaBod
    December 4
    Exercise: Yes; abs and stretching
    Calories: No?

On track all day, but for dinner I put together homemade enchiladas and didn't do a great job measuring while I was managing kid chaos solo. Good news: the latest bite from rascal 2 didn't break the skin of rascal 1. So, there's that. I think I'm <200 calories over for the day.
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    December 4
    exercise; yes.
    Calories: NO!!! I ate over 2,200 calories today. I feel like a sausage in my skin laying down right now wow.
    Tracked:Yes ugh
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    December 4
    Exercise:- Yes, 1 hr treadmill
    Calories:- 12 over...think I can work with that!
    Tracked:- Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    dommylifts wrote: »
    December 4
    exercise; yes.
    Calories: NO!!! I ate over 2,200 calories today. I feel like a sausage in my skin laying down right now wow.
    Tracked:Yes ugh

I feel like there must be a story here?
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    December 4
    Exercise: yes
    Calories : yes
    Tracked : yes

Anyone have recommendations for YouTube strength training? Looking for those I can do at home with hand weights and bands - thx!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    December 4
    Exercise: yes but only 10 min of walk
    Calories : NO
    Tracked : yes
This discussion has been closed.