TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (December)

Options

Replies

• CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Weigh in-
    Good thing it was first thing in the AM!
    Last week 211.6
    Today 208
    Let’s hope it lasts to next weigh-in day on New Year’s Day!!!
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    12/24:
    Tracking: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 45 min stationary bike

12/25:
    Tracking: no
    Under: not sure
    Exercise: yes 60 minute walk
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge:
    Sun- no
    Mon- no
    Tues- no
    Pretty sure I have been close to my calorie count, but haven’t been tracking since I have been away visiting with family. Have been getting some walking in though.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Tuesday, December 25, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercised: No

Got a Fitbit for Christmas! :). Looking forward to figuring out all the integration with MFP and how it works :). Did almost 8000 steps today with a 5 hour drive. Woo hoo!
  • aminor55
    aminor55 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great holiday!!
    Does anyone else wish that MFP had an "all of the calories" button? I ate so much food yesterday and was not able to log as I went except for breakfast. I am just going to ball park how high the calorie count was and enter it into my log.

How does everyone deal with logging food that is prepared by friends/family?
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Holiday no matter how they spent it!
    Mine was a whirlwind. Company party. Mother in laws 70th bday. Eagles game. Xmas eve party at our house. Xmas day meals at 2 Italian houses ...
    I weighed myself today.. the carbs, sugar and booze showed. Thankfully my weigh in is Friday. Planning on hitting the gym the rest of the week and eating proper at least until the weekend.
    This weekend will be another whirlwind. A funeral. My Dad’s 65th birthday. Another Eagles game. New Years Eve and Day.

Ready for January already ...
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    December 23,24&25
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: NO
    Exercise: NO
    Rest & spent time with the Family
    Steps:6336, 5904& 5745
    Water: 88oz
    Happy 😊
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    username txmaryk99
    weigh in day Monday
    last week 238.8
    this week 240.8

I might have fallen face first into the holiday sweets. >:)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Oh, no! I hope you didn't hurt yourself!! (wink/wink) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas day!
  • HASWLRS
    edited December 2018
    Options
    CCzMini wrote: »
    Weigh in-
    Good thing it was first thing in the AM!
    Last week 211.6
    Today 208
    Let’s hope it lasts to next weigh-in day on New Year’s Day!!!
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Yes, a Tuesday weigh-in was a very smart thing this week!! Well done leading up to Christmas...and a week to undo any damage!! Hope you had a great Christmas day!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    murdog3t wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Dec. 14th: 170.2
    Dec. 21st: 169.4

Just normal fluctuations....not doing anything to aid weight loss right now, unfortunately.

Enjoy with you family it’s the best Christmas present you can give yourself xoxo

Thanks, Tami!

Had my husband's family over today. My father-in-law didn't come because he spent the whole day with his mother. Grandma is at death's door, but will not walk through just yet. Other than that, it went mostly well. I did reheat the turkey too long so the white meat was dry and there is so much food left over!!!!!! And being the host, I really feel like I didn't visit with anyone for any appreciable amount of time. I didn't stuff myself as in year's past so I don't feel terrible, so that's something positive.

I am sorry to hear about Grandma May her journey to the other side be peaceful. Hosting is always fun but always too little time spent with the family . And oh well on the over reheated turkey I am almost positive it was still enjoyable.

Time to get back on track I am excited for the Continuation of my IF/Keto lifestyle
    Happy New Year 🎆🎈🎊 my friend
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    aminor55 wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a great holiday!!
    Does anyone else wish that MFP had an "all of the calories" button? I ate so much food yesterday and was not able to log as I went except for breakfast. I am just going to ball park how high the calorie count was and enter it into my log.

How does everyone deal with logging food that is prepared by friends/family?

Sounds like you had a great day with family and friends!! For the infrequent times that I am eating meals prepared by others, I don't even bother trying to log. I know that is not an option for some people, who need the consistency of completed diaries. So then, in that case, I would search the database for the best matches, and then estimate the amounts, or just do "quick add calories" and "best guess" the total. As long as it isn't very often, then the weight loss process shouldn't suffer too badly.
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Here a day late for my weigh in! Decided to give myself a break on Christmas (plus I knew the movie popcorn would bite me in the butt!) I even took a couple days off tracking. Tried to not go too crazy, but homemade goodies are too much work to track :D A few cookies and some chocolate covered pretzels...so worth it.

Last week: 170.6
    This week: 169.0! SO PUMPED

I'm sorry to hear about some of you that have had less than stellar holidays. Losing loved ones is terrible. It makes me feel even more lucky to have been reunited with two cousins yesterday! We've lost contact for over 3.5 years and I cried (A LOT) seeing them again. My grandparents were so happy to have them back. It was a much needed fantastic holiday.

Sorry for the wall of text (if anyone even reads these!), I talk a lot :#
  • aminor55
    aminor55 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I like to read them!! Continue posting walls please! :)
  • mikea2g
    Options
    aminor55 wrote: »

I like to read them!! Continue posting walls please! :)

I like it too! Keep posting walls :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey guys! Here a day late for my weigh in! Decided to give myself a break on Christmas (plus I knew the movie popcorn would bite me in the butt!) I even took a couple days off tracking. Tried to not go too crazy, but homemade goodies are too much work to track :D A few cookies and some chocolate covered pretzels...so worth it.

Last week: 170.6
    This week: 169.0! SO PUMPED

I'm sorry to hear about some of you that have had less than stellar holidays. Losing loved ones is terrible. It makes me feel even more lucky to have been reunited with two cousins yesterday! We've lost contact for over 3.5 years and I cried (A LOT) seeing them again. My grandparents were so happy to have them back. It was a much needed fantastic holiday.

Losing a pound and a half, indulging in some delicious homemade goodies and being reunited with some cousins....sounds like an awesome Christmas holiday!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I am sorry for your loss
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I seriously need to get back at it . I have slipped. I need to focus as I am going away in February, which will result in weight gain .
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    I seriously need to get back at it . I have slipped. I need to focus as I am going away in February, which will result in weight gain .

Thank you. <3
    I am totally in the same boat...I have lost all focus but I am going away in January!! Here's to a New Year!
  • mikea2g
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Wednesday, December 26, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical / 20 minutes of weight training.
    Steps: 12,131

Loving the Fitbit. Didn’t think I would enjoy the tracking information nearly as much as I am. Definitely a motivator to get moving more. Also, the sleep information is flat out fascinating. My kids tend to wake me up in the middle of REM sleep a lot. I always suspected, now I have the proof! :)
This discussion has been closed.