TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• papenny1
    papenny1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello teammates, I'm new to all this . I'm turning 55 Jan 1st and just want to get myself in better shape. Started working out and keeping track of what I eat. I have been working out for about 3 weeks and I started at 184 and I am down to 182 so far and my goal is to be around 160 to 165.

Username: papenny
    Week: Jan 1
    PW : 182
    CW: 182
  • Anneboleynsrevenge
    Options
    Hi! Glad to be on your team! I am female, 30, 5’8” and around 156. A year ago I was 256 so I’ve lost 100 pounds (was 105 gained over holidays.) My goal for January is to try for 10 pounds. It’s a pretty intense goal as I’m only about 20 pounds from my ultimate goal, but we’ll see if I can swing it. I do typical calorie counting of anything I like. I workout once a day 30-40 minutes Tracy Anderson method. I’m not used to commenting on forums so I am not confident in posting correctly, but I’ll try to do so. Friday is my weigh-in day for this competition. I struggle with actually keeping track of calorie intake. I do pretty well during the beginning/middle of the day but tend to forget/let it go by dinnertime. I need to work on that. Best of luck!
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m Catherine and today is my 35th birthday, so with that added to Christmas and new year, December hasn’t been overly successful!
    I’d like to lose 5lb in January and I’ll weigh in Tuesday morning.
    I live in Lancashire U.K. with my husband and two cats. I coach gymnastics and am studying for a classical studies degree.
    This year I want to reach my goal weight (it’s taken 3 years) and get into my splits (so far taken 18months lol). I am also aiming or a minimum 10,000 steps a day.
    Good luck everyone, looking forward to get to know you all better, feel free to add me for an example of what not to do!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mike. I have been in this group for a month and am greatly helped by the people here. I hope to go back to work in April after being of since March 2017. First for a hip replacement and then a liver resection due to cancer. So I am very out of shape. Finished getting my workout room useable. My doctor basically told me to lose weight or the cancer will comeback. Would like to welcome the new members and if I am not your friend please friend me.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    papenny1 wrote: »
    Hello teammates, I'm new to all this . I'm turning 55 Jan 1st and just want to get myself in better shape. Started working out and keeping track of what I eat. I have been working out for about 3 weeks and I started at 184 and I am down to 182 so far and my goal is to be around 160 to 165.

Username: papenny
    Week: Jan 1
    PW : 182
    CW: 182

@papenny1 Welcome! Another New Year's Baby! You're doing great, keep it up!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Hi I'm Brittany and this is my 4th month doing BLC. I'm a 5 ft even, 31 yo wife, mom of two young boys, and jogging, weight training, and yoga are my exercises of choice. My goals are:

-Workout at least 3 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 60 oz of water
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.
    Looking forward to a great January with you all!

CW: 136.6 lbs.
    GW for January: 131 lbs.
    Overall GW: 115 lbs.

h9uh0f0dpuuc.jpg

@Bm00re2u Welcome back!! Your goals look great and you're going a great job!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi! Glad to be on your team! I am female, 30, 5’8” and around 156. A year ago I was 256 so I’ve lost 100 pounds (was 105 gained over holidays.) My goal for January is to try for 10 pounds. It’s a pretty intense goal as I’m only about 20 pounds from my ultimate goal, but we’ll see if I can swing it. I do typical calorie counting of anything I like. I workout once a day 30-40 minutes Tracy Anderson method. I’m not used to commenting on forums so I am not confident in posting correctly, but I’ll try to do so. Friday is my weigh-in day for this competition. I struggle with actually keeping track of calorie intake. I do pretty well during the beginning/middle of the day but tend to forget/let it go by dinnertime. I need to work on that. Best of luck!

@Anneboleynsrevenge That's amazing! You've done so great for yourself! 10 lbs is an aggressive goal, but you can make it, you'll just have to be aggressive to match the goal!
  • AB0215
    Options
    catvlmack wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I’m Catherine and today is my 35th birthday, so with that added to Christmas and new year, December hasn’t been overly successful!
    I’d like to lose 5lb in January and I’ll weigh in Tuesday morning.
    I live in Lancashire U.K. with my husband and two cats. I coach gymnastics and am studying for a classical studies degree.
    This year I want to reach my goal weight (it’s taken 3 years) and get into my splits (so far taken 18months lol). I am also aiming or a minimum 10,000 steps a day.
    Good luck everyone, looking forward to get to know you all better, feel free to add me for an example of what not to do!

@catvlmack Happy Birthday Catherine!! You're doing great, the first step is figuring out what you want and the next step is figuring out how to get it, and sometimes that takes a bit of time and trial and error, so December's trial didn't go as planned, there's always January to try something different and see if that works!
  • AB0215
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Mike. I have been in this group for a month and am greatly helped by the people here. I hope to go back to work in April after being of since March 2017. First for a hip replacement and then a liver resection due to cancer. So I am very out of shape. Finished getting my workout room useable. My doctor basically told me to lose weight or the cancer will comeback. Would like to welcome the new members and if I am not your friend please friend me.

@digger61 Welcome back Mike! You've definitely had a rough year, and it will take some time to get back into shape, it doesn't just happen overnight, but you're taking the steps you need to take and you're doing great!!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. My name is Vicky, 44, married, two teenage boys. I’m new to this challenge. But I did a similar challenge last year and weren’t happy with my results, so I’m hoping for some fresh motivation. My goals for January first to really pay attention to what I’m eating and eat healthier. Second I’d like to lose 5 pounds. By May 1st I’d like to be down 20 pounds. (Have a special occasion the first weekend in May and like to get myself a new dress😀)
    Good luck to everyone. Look forward to sharing this journey with you all.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Track:yes
    Calories:no
    Exercise:no, rest day
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Becky. This is my second month doing the challenge and tomorrow is my 38th birthday.

This past week I've majorly slacked on tracking, but starting Tuesday, I'll be back at it.

My favorite race is a 10 mile race at the end of April. I had to skip it last year because I had my third baby in January. I don't want my weight to prevent me from running it this year.

My two January goals are to be able to run 3 miles by the end of the month and to lose 8lbs. I'm looking forward to getting back on track!!
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    And I knew I'd forget to post something! I'm on a new medication that even if I take it before bed, I still have trouble eating until mid afternoon the following day. I've decided I'm just going to roll with it and try to do intermittent fasting. Anyone have a good resources for me to research IF or advice for me?
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 30th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 2 1/2 mile walk with a neighbor this morning
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday, December 30th

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, Body Pump, Zumba & Inclined Treadmill Walk

Comments/Goals: My goal was to fast today so I could eat NYE without guilt, but I was so busy after the gym and didn't drink my planned bone broth and so I ended up snacking :s I plan go to spin class in the morning and treadmill walking to kill off some of the calories. Lotsa water!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

PS: The trainers at my gym said I "should be 141" :o --- I couldn't get under 150 previously, but I will try, within reason---as long as I am still making healthy choices and have quality of life while doing so. I thought I looked pretty gaunt at 150 though---any slimmer and I may look sick
    @SLIMn2016 Glad to see you back again Nancy!!
    I'm not sure that I think 141 is your number...but what do I know. You're tall, and my goal is 141.........141 would put ME at around 20-25% body fat and you've got almost a foot on me! Just saying.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi! I'm Becky. This is my second month doing the challenge and tomorrow is my 38th birthday.

This past week I've majorly slacked on tracking, but starting Tuesday, I'll be back at it.

My favorite race is a 10 mile race at the end of April. I had to skip it last year because I had my third baby in January. I don't want my weight to prevent me from running it this year.

My two January goals are to be able to run 3 miles by the end of the month and to lose 8lbs. I'm looking forward to getting back on track!!

@Beckymomof3girls Wow, your birthday too! Geez, so many birthdays right around now!
    Great goals for January! Welcome back! Let's crush January!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi guys. My name is Vicky, 44, married, two teenage boys. I’m new to this challenge. But I did a similar challenge last year and weren’t happy with my results, so I’m hoping for some fresh motivation. My goals for January first to really pay attention to what I’m eating and eat healthier. Second I’d like to lose 5 pounds. By May 1st I’d like to be down 20 pounds. (Have a special occasion the first weekend in May and like to get myself a new dress😀)
    Good luck to everyone. Look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

@vicky2767 Welcome Vicky! You'll get there, just imagine yourself in that new dress, it's going to be awesome!! My goal is similar, I'm trying to shed the last 25 lbs by May, which is about 1.4 lbs a week for me, totally do-able, and you can too!!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Good luck in the new year! Sorry I was mia this last week. My weigh in for the last week is as follows:
    PW: 151
    CW: 148

Hoping to see the 130's by the end of January! Let's crush this!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.