Team WORKOUT WARRIORS - JANUARY 2019 Team Chat

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited December 2018 in Social Groups
Welcome WORKOUT WARRIOR CHALLENGERS

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the JANUARY Challenge - We have five (5) teams returning this month!

Our group and team leaders for the JANUARY Challenge are as follows;

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)

Our Team Captains;
[*] Team Workout Wonders - @beka3695 and @Navydaddjtc
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
[*] Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
[*] Team WaistAways - @orngnerdz and @Running2Fit
[*] Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8

Our Motivators
[*] Team Workout Warriors - @boehle and @Goinhard64
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @UTMom81and @tess5036
[*] Team WaistAways - gabi_texanmom (Motivator)and OPEN SLOT
[*] Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
[*] Team Trimstones - OPEN SLOT and OPEN SLOT

Captain responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team WORKOUT WARRIORS
Week 2 - Team SLIM POSSIBLES
Week 3 - Team TRIMSTONES
Week 4 - Team WEIGHT NO MORE
WEEK 5 - Team WAISTAWAYS
(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 3 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for JANUARY. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Lets make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!
THANKS YOUR MODS

Replies

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello, @Navydaddjtc, I just tried to open the January spreadsheet and it is not allowing access. I just wanted to prep for tomorrow’s week one weigh in.

BTW, hope all your birthday plans went well!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    HELLO WARRIORS

I am Beka, Captain #2 and Mod #3. @Navydaddjtc is my Captain counterpart. We are here to help you in any way possible to make your journey a success. Please keep in mind, we are on the journey, too.

I am 42, married and mom of 2 daughters, 21 and 16, and 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 221 in October.

My MOE is CICO. I cannot stick with anything else. Keto sounds good to me, but so does bread.

I am a noobie runner. I have ran multiple 5ks and the Atlanta Peachtree Road race this past year. I have a 15k in February and trying to copy @boehle, I have registered for my first Half Marathon in the March. In all honesty, I just want the 13.1 sticker for my car... LOL

Please reach out to me if you need me! I am here to be of any assistance possible.

January Goals
    Get under 200 -- this is the most important!!!!!!!
    Meal prep EVERY SUNDAY.
    Run 100 miles
    Decrease my 5k/10k time by at least a little
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    January goals

Get back into routine
    Drop holiday weight + some
    Get below 140
    Workout at least 3 hours a day (1.30 cardio, 1 strength and .30 flex or yoga (preferably before bed)

My name is Stephanie and I think it is my third time begin apart of the group. I found it intimidating at first, just because everyone seems to know one another and the posts are so active..but I am looking to immerse myself more this month and become more active in the group. I also want to be more active for team challenges, I have had trouble navigating it at first....but I think i get it now.

I started my MFP journey on July 9th 2018 at 177.8...I am currently at 144.4 I found joining these interactive, competitive groups have really helped me stay motivated, accountable and invested. Without them, i don't think I would have accomplished what I have or come as far as I am. I am truley thankful to each individual, poster and captain/moderators.

Let's get the year started strong and kill it in January
  • mainebeachbum
    Options
    Username: mainebeachbum
    Weigh in week: Week One
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 261
    Todays Weight: 257.2
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Username: mainebeachbum
    Weigh in week: Week One
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 261
    Todays Weight: 257.2

Wooo hoooo!!! Great job
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Ive been MIA the last few weeks with being on vacation.
    I am so ready to get back on track with 2019.
    January goals
    1. Lose 5 lbs
    2. No sugary snacks
    3. No beer (only wine on Saturdays)
    4. Follow @Beka3695 half training
    5. Gym 5 mornings

I will officially begin to weigh in again with you guys next Saturday.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. I'm Melissa and will be 50 on Wednesday. I have a host of health issues that I won't bore you with, but I do wonder sometimes how I have made it to 50.

January goals:
    Lose 2.5 pounds
    Workout twice/week
    Hike 5 miles at least once
    Possibly do the Trail of Tears event in Cleveland TN this Saturday. It's a 7 mile course at a state park and you can walk or run. I will be walking if I do it. Some of the host of health issues keep me from running.
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2018
    Options
    ATTN TEAM THE JANUARY STEP TEAM IS NEEDED PLEASE LET KNOW IF YOUR UP FOR IT OR NOT WE 10 MEMBERS IF YOUR ALREADY ON THE TEAM AND WANT TO STAY THAT'S JAKE BY ME IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A BREAK THAT'S ALSO OKAY JUST LET ME KNOW ASAP.
    WE ALSO NEED TO KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTT THIS TIME AROUND
    HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE STEP PAGE FOR JANUARY
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714714/january-2019-step-challenge#latest
    GREG

@boehle
    JULIE ARE STILL INTERESTED IN HANDLING THE SPREADSHEET FOR THE CHALLENGE AND DO YOU NEED SOME HELP. LET ME KNOW EITHER WAY
    GREG
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    ATTN TEAM THE JANUARY STEP TEAM IS NEEDED PLEASE LET KNOW IF YOUR UP FOR IT OR NOT WE 10 MEMBERS IF YOUR ALREADY ON THE TEAM AND WANT TO STAY THAT'S JAKE BY ME IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A BREAK THAT'S ALSO OKAY JUST LET ME KNOW ASAP.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714714/january-2019-step-challenge#latest
    GREG

@boehle
    JULIE ARE STILL INTERESTED IN HANDLING THE SPREADSHEET FOR THE CHALLENGE AND DO YOU NEED SOME HELP. LET ME KNOW EITHER WAY
    GREG

I didn't sign up last month but I am looking to kick my activity into high gear for this month, so if you need more people I can step in....if you already have enough people then that's ok, I can be waitlisted
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2018
    Options
    First off I would like to WELCOME our newest WARRIOR @MzManiak. Please WELCOME her to our team.
    The reason I picked her for our team IS THAT SHE IS A NAVY VET JUST LIKE ME....SO TAKE THAT ARMY...
    Us shipmates hang together....HEHEHEHE....if your NAVY YOUR COOL...... IF YOUR ARMY YOU DROOL...

OKAY THEN ENOUGH OF THAT FOR THE TIME BEING.
    Greg aka @Navydaddjtc here one of your team Captains and moderators along with Becky aka @Beka3695. This year 2018.... as it comes to an end has stunk for me personally. My younger brother died in October and mom and my older brother are not doing so good either. So 2019 is not starting off that good.
    I am a retired/disabled Navy spec ops vet handling War dogs in Vietnam. I worked as an Executive Chef at sea on board ocean gong tug boats for 13 years I was medically retired from there after a tug boat/ barge accident. I just recently retired from the Boys&Girls Club after 20 years as a Chef Instructor. That job was very satisfying for me.

I have been on the Workout wonders and the Workout Warriors for sometime now and
    THE FAT 2 FIT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE is my home for weight loss. I truly treasure the friendships I have made here and have enjoyed the GOOD,BAD AND THE UGLY TIMES we all have shared from time to time.

MY GOALS WILL FOR 2019 WILL NOT BE LOFTY....THEY WILL BE SIMPLISTIC ( ONE OF MY GOALS IS TO MATCH @boehle AND @Beka3695 STEP FOR STEP IN THEIR TRAINING FOR ROAD RACES THEY WILL RUN IT I WILL WALK IT SO BRING IT LADIES) .....THEY WILL BE ATTAINABLE FOR ME.....I WILL NOT SURRENDER TO THIS WEIGHT PROBLEM. I WILL FIGHT IT WITH EVERYTHING I CAN...MY MEDICAL TEAM...MY NUTRITIONIST....MY FAMILY.....AND MY TEAM OF WARRIORS
    I WILL DRAW MY INSPIRATION FROM MY TEAM MATES...... I WILL PUSH MY SELF WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THIS BODY AND IT'S PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS..... I WILL NOT SURRENDER....I WILL NOT QUIT ON YOU MY TEAM MATES...
    IT IS
    jrmbntgu7sjx.png

IN 2019 I WILL NOT LET YOU SIT BACK ON YOUR LAURELS AND QUIT....I WILL PUSH AND CHALLENGE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU...IF YOUR RUNNER AND IN TRAINING FOR A 3.5.10.15.25. K OR WHATEVER I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE YOU FOR THAT EXTRA MILE.....IF YOUR INTO WEIGHT LIFTING I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE YOU FOR ANOTHER SET OR INCREASE YOUR REPS.....IF YOUR A CARDIO/STEPPING FANATIC LIKE ME I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE US TO ANOTHER 5,000 STEPS OR INCREASE YOUR HEART BEAT......
    YOU DON'T GET TO QUIT ON ME AND THE TEAM IN 2019
    YOU HAD BEST
    m6appy9jptoz.png
    WHAT'S IN YOUR PLAN FOR 2019 .....
    l2ta8wir8rec.png

• LoobyJLou
    LoobyJLou Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    LoubyJLou
    Week 1
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Previous 229
    Present 236

Bloody Christmas !
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous 279.8
    Current 283.4

I have no idea what happened... I didn’t go over calories at all this week.. only thing different I did was paint a living room and staircase this week :( really disappointing and disheartening.
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2018
    Options
    LoobyJLou wrote: »
    LoubyJLou
    Week 1
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Previous 229
    Present 236

Bloody Christmas !
    @LoobyJLou
    POSTED
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous 279.8
    Current 283.4

I have no idea what happened... I didn’t go over calories at all this week.. only thing different I did was paint a living room and staircase this week :( really disappointing and disheartening.
    @WishfulThinning18
    POSTED
    OK I DID THE SAME THING WELL NOT THE PAINTING.....
    AND WE ARE ABOUT AT THE SAME WEIGHT I AM AT 283
    WHAT DA YA SAY WE BECOME WEIGHT LOSS BUDDIES
    AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER
    YOU GAME?

• Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Alan. I am 58 (I had a birthday in December), married with 5 kids (30, 29, 16, 15, 14), 2 grandkids (8 years and 7 months) and 2 granddogs. I am a general surgeon in southeast Arkansas who realized that he really needed to lose weight. Using a low carb program (Ideal Protein) I lost 95 pounds from 313 to 208. I know technically it is 105 but I called maintenance at 215. My maximum weight was 323 pounds!!! I have for the most part held it off for the past year using MFP. This group is GREAT and I feel fortunate to be in the Workout Warriors. I agree with Greg(@navydaddjtc) Julie @boehle and Becky @beka3695 are my motivation for running. I had not done any running since college 38 years ago, yet I completed 4 5k's last year and have signed up for a half-marathon March in Little Rock, AR. I may not run the whole thing but I WILL finish in the allotted time limit.

Go Warriors!!!
  • DDM358
    DDM358 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Username: DDM358
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 194.8
    Today's Weight: 197.8

Lots of holiday eating and drinking.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    GREG

@boehle
    GREG

I am in again for January.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Gutcutter500
    Weigh-In: Sunday
    Week: 1
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 221.1
    @Gutcutter500
    posted Doc

DDM358 wrote: »
    Username: DDM358
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 194.8
    Today's Weight: 197.8

Lots of holiday eating and drinking.
    @DDM358
    posted Dora

• mainebeachbum
    Options
    Hello to the new team members!

I am Stephanie, 46 almost 47, and I have struggled through 2017 & 2018 after having a good amount of loss a few years back. My goals for January are going to be simple: log food and try to make reasonable choices and drink water every day! That’s a step in the right direction. I got a new Fitbit for Christmas, but my steps seem very low compared to my last one. I think I’ll wait to join a step challenge until I am sure I am using it correctly.

Thinking of you and your family, Greg!
This discussion has been closed.