tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    crysleh wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username: crysleh
    Week: January Week 1
    PW = 245
    CW= 238

I don't understand how I could have lost that much in a little over a week, but I am using the same scale at the same time of day, and that's what it says. Can it be "water weight," partly? I thought that was only at the beginning, though, and I've been losing for a few months now. Can tracking my calories have made that much of a difference? I'm a little boggled by this.

I step on the scale AT LEAST 3 times before settling for a number. Sometimes I'll get all the same numbers, sometimes I'll get three different ones, and If thats the case, I settle for the most reasonable one, not the one with the most weight lost. Try weighing yourself again tomorrow, and if there's a huge change between today's and tomorrow's, it may be best to invest in a new scale.

On another note, hello again! Back for the new year to finish losing the last 40 pounds of my 100 pound journey I set out to lose for 2018. December got away from me, but I'm focused and ready to kick some *kitten* this year. Plus I'm going on vacation in March to motivate me to stick to it lol

@justkris_gettingfit I wrote you in the December thread and sent you a PM...I need a starting weight and weigh in day in order to get you back on the spreadsheet. Thanks!
  • lemonginger35
    lemonginger35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Managed to get a deficit of 1094 calories yesterday through diet & exercise. Walked for 8 Km. Let's see how the coming days are & whether I give up.
  • redrob1966
    redrob1966 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    username: Redrob1966
    week: january week 1
    pw: 257
    cw: 257
  • redrob1966
    redrob1966 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, Walking. 8 miles 1 hr 52mins
    Goals or Day: I need to lose 1lb a week if I could do more even better would like to start with under 200 for January 1 2020. have a great new year everybody.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Username: Big Change Needed (aka Jenni)

PW = n/a
    CW=265lbs
    Goal Weight: 258lbs (by 31/01/19). 199lbs (by 31/12/2019)
  • justkris_gettingfit
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In

PW = 245
    CW= 238

I don't understand how I could have lost that much in a little over a week, but I am using the same scale at the same time of day, and that's what it says. Can it be "water weight," partly? I thought that was only at the beginning, though, and I've been losing for a few months now. Can tracking my calories have made that much of a difference? I'm a little boggled by this.

I step on the scale AT LEAST 3 times before settling for a number. Sometimes I'll get all the same numbers, sometimes I'll get three different ones, and If thats the case, I settle for the most reasonable one, not the one with the most weight lost. Try weighing yourself again tomorrow, and if there's a huge change between today's and tomorrow's, it may be best to invest in a new scale.

On another note, hello again! Back for the new year to finish losing the last 40 pounds of my 100 pound journey I set out to lose for 2018. December got away from me, but I'm focused and ready to kick some *kitten* this year. Plus I'm going on vacation in March to motivate me to stick to it lol

@justkris_gettingfit I wrote you in the December thread and sent you a PM...I need a starting weight and weigh in day in order to get you back on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

I must have missed that, sorry.

SW: 170.6
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
  • ERIKJ182
    ERIKJ182 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    username: ERIKJ182
    PW; 223.8
    cw: 223.8
  • missycdixie
    missycdixie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    username: missycdixie
    pw: 304.6
    cw: 302.4
  • tlgale
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: No
    Calories: No, way over
    Exercise: none
    Water Challenge: 16 oz?
    Goals or day: Back home today (monday) after being out of town for the last 3 nights. Back to logging, staying in calories, exercising and drinking 100+ oz of water starting today!!
  • tlgale
    Options
    stongersue wrote: »
    Good Morning from 🇨🇦 ❄️!!

Here is my first daily post (hope I do this right, let me know if I didn’t!!)

Track: Yes - every day since Dec 26 📝

Calories: Yes (do you want my total weekly total # here? I’ve been tracking since Dec 26 and have been under each day so far)

Exercise: Yes - every day. Walked in the snow yesterday with 🐶 - brrrr! Haven’t done that in a while!!! CrossFit x3 days, walking 30 minutes on non gym days. I’ve decided not to have mfp credit me calories for my fitness. That made a big difference for watching my food closer - and will make a bigger defecit for calories. I do have a Fitbit if anyone wants to do Fitbit challenges 🚶‍♀️

Goals or Day: planning to do meal prepping today to have 3-5 days worth of dinners done ✅ also today is a gym day 🏋️‍♀️

Your weekly weigh in is Wednesday - so no scale today 🎉

** Think of the “After Selfie” !! **

@stongersue for the daily posts, you just have to put in if you were under or over calories for the day :smile:
    Great food and exercise plans!!!
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks for letting me join. I have have been up and down with my weight for the last 6 years, before that I had it under control and enjoyed going to the gym to exercise (some cardio and weights) and did very well with tracking my calories.

Looking back, I was the most successful when I tracked my food the MFP and chose what I was eating myself. I would have a slice of pizza - with a side of veggies or salad. It wasn’t eating 3 pieces or trying not to ever eat pizza again - too extreme both ways.

I have done a few good natural detoxes (cutting sugar and bread and eating lots of veggies and protein etc) which do make me feel better, but I can’t sustain a really restrictive diet for long.

I’m a little under the weather right now, but I know I can choose better foods which I’m sure will help clear up this cough/cold. I’m trying to regain my spark, force it if I have too. My goal is to loose 20 pounds by May 31st and consistently exercise where it’s just part of my routine.

I wish everyone great success in all of your goals!! We can do this 😊

@RoseyandReady I also don't do a restrictive diet, just staying within calories of what I like. I find if I cut something out, I can't think of anything else and end up giving up on everything. Some people do great with it, but you have to do what works best for you.
    Hope your cold is feeling better :smile:
  • andyphin
    andyphin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Username: andyphin

PW = 174
    CW=174
    Goal Weight: 164 (by 1/31/19). 135 (by 5/31/19)
  • tlgale
    Options
    Managed to get a deficit of 1094 calories yesterday through diet & exercise. Walked for 8 Km. Let's see how the coming days are & whether I give up.

@lemonginger35 Awesome deficit and walk!! Hope you are still doing well :smile:
  • tlgale
    Options
    username: missycdixie
    pw: 304.6
    cw: 302.4

@missycdixie Great loss!! Congrats!
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    username: Heidijens1
    week: January week 1
    PW; 175.6
    cw: 175.2
  • stongersue
    stongersue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s Summary:

Track: Yes - tracked it all!
    Calories: Under :)
    Exercise: yep - gym workout 🏋️‍♀️
    Water: ✅ - got it all in, but hard! I set a timer in my Fitbit for every two hours to make me drink two glasses with each 🚨

Goals for today (Mon):
    Gym ✅ - done
    Water
    Track and resist all the New Year’s Eve junk!

Happy New Years Eve!!

Ps: bought a scale today. Gulp. No more making excuses that my scale is wrong 😢

• tlgale
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-In

PW = 245
    CW= 238

I must have missed that, sorry.

SW: 170.6
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday

@justkris_gettingfit No problem, you're on there now :smile:
  • tlgale
    Options
    Weigh ins due from Sunday... @ande1020 @Buskey72 @campjackson @claudiaxcu @SkinnieFinnie @Toyota100

Weigh ins due from today (Monday)... @1721sharrington @cccallahan @Jactop @RoseyandReady

Weigh ins coming up tomorrow (Tuesday)... @janna674

Hope everyone is having a great new year's eve!!! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.