Daily check in for: Sunday
    Logged: Yes and made goal
    Water: I drank about 2 litres will be more accurate Monday
    Exercise & Steps: HIIT class for 499 calories expended and 5571 steps

Very busy..
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

Checking in on you, Greg. How are you doing?

WE ARE GOOD, IT'S A DAY BY DAY THING NOW SKIP WAS A MARINE AND HE WILL FIGHT THIS AS LONG AS HE CAN, BUT THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL. THANK YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT US
    GREG

• cccallahan
    cccallahan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: cccallahan
    Weigh in week: January week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 291 lbs.
    Todays Weight: 286.6 lbs
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Just digesting what to do for posting my weight. I weigh in and posts on Sunday. Is week 1 Sunday this Sunday coming up Jan 6? Thanks very much.
  • GettingFitTash
    GettingFitTash Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Week 1 weigh in
    SW: 198.4
    Monday will be my weigh day 😁
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,703 Member
    Options
    So for day 1, I watched what I ate for breakfast, went for a walk tripped on a water shut off valve, it was sticking up from the side walk, and went flying down, my knee is totally a huge cut and, bruised wrist and hip. I was lucky I did hurt my head.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    SO! I am supposed to be one of your co-captains, even though it seems I am not on the list correctly. Greg will be fixing that up, I hope!!

I am sorry I have been away for a few days - I had to go to the US (I live in Canada) and was not able to get online much. But I'm back and will spend some time catching up, finding out where we are on the spreadsheet, and getting to know the new members, answering questions, etc. Phew!

I love the idea of daily reports - just what is happening, how it's going, and how we can help inspire you (or kick your butt!).

to be continued...

liselyn
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    THIS IS THE CURRENT LIST I GOT FOR THE JANUARY STEP CHALLENGE
    IF YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS IS A DAILY OR BI DAILY REPORT SO WE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE LOGGING OF IT.

@AmyHammons1
    @BMcC9
    @Karenesg
    @hope002
    @Offitgoes
    @sue_01
    @vicky2767
    @orngnerdz
    @bear479
    @gabi_texanmom
    @andreabroadley
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year All! I am so glad to be part of this group. This is going to be a struggle for me but I am ready to see progress and feel better about myself. Today I am on taking advantage of our 70+ degree weather and walking for at least 30 minutes.

6 months until my 5 year wedding anniversary & 10 months until I turn 30. I want to see some change before those 2 events and I am ready to kick butt!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    cccallahan wrote: »

Woo hoo!! Great job during a really challenging week of the year.
  • jugar
    Options
    Calling today the beginning of 2019 and going for my first high-intensity interval training class.. I’m a bit of a little old lady in it, but I can still burn about 450 to 500 cal per hour in one of those. Happy New Year everyone!

Way to go, Andrea! I love being the old lady in classes, even if they're with a video in my house, or on my snowshoes all alone in the woods. Intervals are super effective - when I added them 7 years ago, the weight went down and I have stayed close to my maintenance weight ever since. You got this B)
  • jugar
    Options
    Just digesting what to do for posting my weight. I weigh in and posts on Sunday. Is week 1 Sunday this Sunday coming up Jan 6? Thanks very much.

Hi Andrea! Sunday was week one (Dec 30 - Jan 6). It's weird weighing in on Sundays (I do too) because it always seems like you're a week ahead. So go ahead and post it here in this thread, and I'll update the spreadsheet. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    cccallahan wrote: »

WOW! Posted in spreadheet. Keep up this kind of progress and this team will be BURNING the competition!
  • jugar
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Week 1 weigh in
    SW: 198.4
    Monday will be my weigh day 😁

Greetings @GettingFitTash ! I do not see you on our spreadsheet, so I'll get after our awesome moderators to see if we can fix that. Then you'll be rolling with the Monday crowd. They are a great bunch.
  • jugar
    Options
    ltfitz89 wrote: »
    Happy New Year All! I am so glad to be part of this group. This is going to be a struggle for me but I am ready to see progress and feel better about myself. Today I am on taking advantage of our 70+ degree weather and walking for at least 30 minutes.

6 months until my 5 year wedding anniversary & 10 months until I turn 30. I want to see some change before those 2 events and I am ready to kick butt!

And we are ready to help you kick your butt >:) Your goals are great, and I just don't want to hear about your awesome weather. Of course, I'll brag about mine - out snowshoeing or hiking most days in the snow and cold up in Canada! So, I guess you can brag about yours too. Enjoy the sweat out there. Have you joined the steps challenge? Check the Announcements section, and get your steps logged in there. Let me know if you are already part of it, or if you'd like to join. They are always looking for step counters - it's a great way to compete for fun!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    So for day 1, I watched what I ate for breakfast, went for a walk tripped on a water shut off valve, it was sticking up from the side walk, and went flying down, my knee is totally a huge cut and, bruised wrist and hip. I was lucky I did hurt my head.

I know I have mentioned this in past months, but we also have new people who may "not have thought of that..."

If something unexpected happens, as above to @sue_01, and the result for you is being temporarily sidelined from whatever exercise you would normally do (be it body-weight bearing like walking / running or strength training due to a pulled muscle ... or whatever) - there ARE alternatives to help you keep burning some exercise calories while you heal. Maybe not as much as you usually do, but hey! As the poster our captain displayed on pg 2 says .... Even if you only lose 1/2 a pound per week, that will STILL put you at 26 pounds lighter this time next year.

Respect your doctor's advice and guidance, then look for routines you could follow on Youtube sitting down, maybe ... or water aerobics / workouts.

Ask for suggestions. Tell us what you LIKE to do / are currently banned from doing as you heal / what you are able to do while respecting doctor-imposed limits ... we are here as your collective resource librarian desk to share what we have already discovered ourselves.
  • jugar
    Options
    HOMEWORK:

I have been doing mine. Your turn!

I need weigh-in posts from
    @Andreabroadley (Sunday weight)
    @evangsimmons170 (Monday)
    @MoStacy (Monday)
    @tdrjustus3 (Monday)
    @iluvnufoods (Tuesday)
    @orngnerdz (Tuesday)

If it is the same as your starting weight, that is fine - just let me know. It is confusing when your start weight and your week 1 weigh in are the same day or only a day apart! Once you get going, though, it will all come out just fine.

So post more about yourselves and what you're up to. I really enjoy getting to know you - new members and returning ones. This is only my 2nd month with this fantastic group and challenge and it just gets better the more we find out. Bunch o' losers, but hey - that's what we're looking for, eh? Have a fantastic new year's day.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    THIS IS THE CURRENT LIST I GOT FOR THE JANUARY STEP CHALLENGE
    IF YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS IS A DAILY OR BI DAILY REPORT SO WE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE LOGGING OF IT.

@AmyHammons1
    @BMcC9
    @Karenesg
    @hope002
    @Offitgoes
    @sue_01
    @vicky2767
    @orngnerdz
    @bear479
    @gabi_texanmom
    @andreabroadley

I will be reporting daily ....

but want to add that I can only count steps in the context of my exergame (and will also be reporting those here on the home thread) I do plenty of other "NEAT fitness fidgetting" , but can only track / report in the 6000 => 7500 range on average. So my numbers are actually artificially low.

Soooooo IF there is supposed to be a membership cap on the Team vs Team Step Challenge, and someone not yet on the list got a "new toy" like a Fitbit or equivalent, making it possible to track ALL steps in a day .... I can swap places, and also pre-volunteer to swap back in if anyone has to step back later in the month for whatever reason.

Unless / until I hear otherwise, I will continue to report on the January Step Challenge thread.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ok sorry for confusion

Week 1Dec 31 Sunday- 178.9
  • jugar
    Options
    Ok sorry for confusion

Week 1Dec 31 Sunday- 178.9

Posted! thanks - and no sorries needed! It IS confusing...
This discussion has been closed.