Options

Replies

• kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 2 miles of walking/jogging and 2 miles on the exercise bike

I went over on calories today, but I’m feeling good about having tracked!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »

@AB215, exercise is key as I’m finding now that 40 is past me. Just need to do it! My plans are for activity after my boys get on the bus in the morning.

Here’s a question: As the soul food shopper in the house I find it hard staying away from snacks.

What does everyone do, aside from not going hungry, to keep the snacks and junk on the shelf and not in your cart?? Thanks!

@batgirl140 Hi Beth! I have two boys too--- I try to get my workouts in in the mornings---it's hard to juggle everything, but priority has to be my health. At our house I keep all of the forbid foods that my sons still indulge in (teenagers) in the pantry closet just outside of the kitchen. The kitchen pantry and cabinetry/refrig/freezers are for healthy food only. I do intermittent fasting, so I commit to not eating until noon each day which saves me from snacking. I've gotten into the groove of drinking all morning long (water, tea & coffee)---although it took me a while to get here.

My advice---don't keep anything in the house that is a trigger food for you. My sons have their favs (things I don't like) and anything I like (cookies, ice cream, cake, cupcakes--desserts) are not in the house (except for birthdays/holidays---then I either freeze them or toss them or give them away to guests). ---Make a list and stick to it---and don't go shopping hungry!

We got this!! - Nancy
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 31st

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 11 miles on the exercise bike (45 minutes)

I purchased a couple of pairs of pants that are a size too small. I'm using them as a carrot to keep pushing towards my goals.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    SW: 286.2
    CW: 286.4
    I should have moved more this week. Had a good drop mid week but couldn’t maintain it.
    Happy New Year!!!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday 12/31

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes HIIT, 15 minutes.
    Goals/Day/Comments: the plan was to get in more steps and exercise today but ended up in Urgent Care with my son for 3 hours.
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @AB215 I did my weigh-in yesterday morning. Not sure if you got it? Its 225.5
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    @AB215 I did my weigh-in yesterday morning. Not sure if you got it? Its 225.5

@Jaydoh120 I got it :smile:
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins elliptical, 60 mins weight training.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

🥳 Happy New Year!!

Daily stats- day 2 - Dec 31, 2018!
    Tracked- yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise- double spin class

Next double spin- tomorrow at 9am— and it’s currently almost 1am now .

🎉
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 is it possible for me to get on the January challenge? My start weight is 183.0 and want to weigh in on Friday. Do I have to post this elsewhere?
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Username: catvlmack
    Weigh in week: January Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's weight: 162.5
    Todays Weight: 165

I am okay with this! I’m lower than I was at the start of December so that’s good. Plus it’s shark week and that always puffs me up. Back on it now though. Happy new year all!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    I started this year at 228.8 and wanted to get down to 150 by the end of the year. Although I didn’t reach my goal I’m proud of myself for losing 59.8.

WTG
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily post for dec 31st
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - no. (Went out for NYE - had 1 drink)
    Exercise - yes 1 hour on the elliptical
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Happy New Years all!!
  • SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    December 31st
    Tracking: No.
    Calories: I’m sure I was over. 😩
    Exercise: I cleaned and move around a lot, but nothing official.

NYE was a very stressful day! I was having a party and my daughter a slumber party. So after cooking and cleaning and prepping and kids, I realized at 6pm that I hadn’t eaten. So I overindulged on tacos and wine and chocolate chip cookies.

My biggest issue with weight loss is recovering from a “cheat day”, whether it’s intentional or not.

Question of the week: I didn’t make any resolutions this year. Only thing that I’ve started doing is doing things that bring me happiness in the long run. No more quick fixes or instant gratification. It never lasts.
  • SaletaS
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    This weeks Question of the Week is What are your goals for 2019? Or even just January? And do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I guess setting up goals for 2019 is sort of a New Year's Resolution although I don't call it that, I like to think of things in terms of what do I want and how can I get there. I also tend to re-visit my goals periodically and adjust them if I've hit them or if I'm not on track, that way I always have something to work for!

Same for me. My goals change ALL THE TIME! Resolutions seem to be kinda permanent and if you don’t do exactly that, you fail. Lol. I guess it’s all about interpretation. Good luck with all your goals, current and future!

• SaletaS
    Options
    Also, someone message me about a chickpea curry recipe. It was 3am and I saw it and fell back to sleep and now, I can’t find it! I’m sorry. I’ll post the link here for you!

https://savoryspin.com/easy-chickpea-spinach-curry/

ADD Red pepper flakes for spice!
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Also, someone message me about a chickpea curry recipe. It was 3am and I saw it and fell back to sleep and now, I can’t find it! I’m sorry. I’ll post the link here for you!

https://savoryspin.com/easy-chickpea-spinach-curry/

ADD Red pepper flakes for spice!

It was me but on your page 😊. Sorry about the 3am. I'm in South Africa and it was a normal time here 😂
This discussion has been closed.