Replies

• kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Daily post 1/1/19 Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise Yes. 16k steps including 30 minutes of cardio workout

I wanted to workout at my apartment complex's center. Lo and behold it was packed! Saw that coming. I started going early November and it was dead as could be until today. People were giving me weird looks. I don't feel comfortable working out with others yet. I did another type of workout...my favorite anyway. I hit a milestone today. I usually miss 1 or 2 of my active hours (did 250+ steps each hour) but today I met them all! YAY!orjb7sm4xhhl.png

• SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!!
    We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

I’m having such a bad day... thanks for listening.

@SaletaS Honestly, routine is how I succeed, and when I'm out of it, that's a recipe for failure, and on that note, I work from home so I have to focus on not wandering to the kitchen all the time. One thing I like to think about is, I don't diet, I just eat for my goals. I switched my diet over to keto and I find that in doing that it's forced me to eat higher quality foods and I find that when I eat better, I'm less hungry overall and the temptation to snack is reduced.
    I went the keto route because I am one of those all or nothing types, if I eat one cookie, I eat 10...and to go keto, you give up sugar...and that's sort of been life changing and worth every day that I can now look at cookies and cake and things like that and not even want them, not even a little.
    And losing weight IS all mental, you have to find what works for you and that's the hard part.
    Forgive yourself when you mess up, because you will, we all do, and get right back to it...

Thank you. I feel all out of routine. I go back to work tomorrow so hopefully things will feel normal again.
  • SaletaS
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!! We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

Saleta!! I know exactly how you feel/ been there! I don’t do moderation well- which is why keto works for me! If I cheat - I say heck with it- might as well have whatever I want! When I was working out constantly and making super food choices/ I could really see my body toning up and I felt more energy. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I was just stressed out and not dedicated enough. Then I felt bad since I wanted to be further ahead right now... but I came back with a vengeance to make some healthy changes and not let myself down again. One of the things i have to mind is my snacking and wine intake - one leads to the other and my friends are all centered on the bar scene- so I have to get back into the sparkling water game. When I was alcohol free for a few months and eating a lot of omegas and veggies- my skin was glowing! I want that radiance back in looks and mood! So that’s kinda the long story behind- I feel ya. Also - I don’t let anything not on my diet in the house. It’s extreme for most, but that’s what i need. It’s also just me and my husband so- he will eat whatever. Lol
    Ps I am much better on my diet on vacation then while at home - I’m a champion dieter while traveling- I can’t explain it!

It’s still Jan 1- clean house and get back in the wagon with the rest of us!! 😘😘😘

Something about being at home! It’s probably a comfort thing. I have a husband and children who could care less about my diet. I mean that in a very loving way. Lol. Although, they have started buying single serve snacks for themselves.
    Thank you for your words, I will definitely get back on track!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, weight training
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday, January 1st

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, walked 15,000 steps.

Not a bad first day of the year. Got a discount code for just eat, husband was all up for it, but I put my foot down and said no, it will happen at some point, but not today! Was also very sensible and had just one biscuit (possibly for the first time ever!)
  • SaletaS
    Options
    Tuesday, January 1st
    Over Calories
    Exercise: Yes, an hour on a stationary bike
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

I like challenging myself so it will be interesting. I picked 40 lbs in 6 months so it will be tough. How often do you weigh in?

@CindyJNC1963 I weigh in weekly, it tells you if you're on track or not, which is pretty nice. You aren't required to weigh in any more than for the beginning and the ending verifications, but they do suggest once a week, that way you know how you're doing and also it helps prove that you're actually losing weight. But most of all, I like the feedback, it will tell you if you're on track, slightly off track, etc.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!!
    We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

@SaletaS Honestly, routine is how I succeed, and when I'm out of it, that's a recipe for failure, and on that note, I work from home so I have to focus on not wandering to the kitchen all the time. One thing I like to think about is, I don't diet, I just eat for my goals. I switched my diet over to keto and I find that in doing that it's forced me to eat higher quality foods and I find that when I eat better, I'm less hungry overall and the temptation to snack is reduced.
    I went the keto route because I am one of those all or nothing types, if I eat one cookie, I eat 10...and to go keto, you give up sugar...and that's sort of been life changing and worth every day that I can now look at cookies and cake and things like that and not even want them, not even a little.
    And losing weight IS all mental, you have to find what works for you and that's the hard part.
    Forgive yourself when you mess up, because you will, we all do, and get right back to it...

Thank you. I feel all out of routine. I go back to work tomorrow so hopefully things will feel normal again.

That was a great point about "diet". I don't consider what I am doing a diet. It is a lifestyle change. I chose something that I plan to do the rest of my life. I gave up processed sugar (candy, soft drinks, etc.) plus my bad habit of eating buttered popcorn every night.......but I still have bacon and eggs on Saturday or Sunday morning. I just account for them in my tracking for the day so I don't go over my calorie limit. I think we all just need to figure out what works for us.

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 2.65 mile jog

It will be good to get back into a routine. Hoping we all crush this new year!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Calories; over
    Water; over
    Exercise none
    bad day yesturday just sitting around mostly Todays going better more walking already today than all of Tuesday
  • AB0215
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Weigh ins for today:
    @kazunomiya (got yours)
    @kirbyallison
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily post: 01.01
    Calories: no, bit over
    Exercise: nope

Nothing but laying in bed and recovering from New year party ;)
  • AB0215
    Options
    kazunomiya wrote: »
    Kazunomiya
    January week 1
    PW 344
    CW 341.4

@kazunomiya Woot woot! Another 2.6 lbs gone!! (for the record, the only thing that's in my head right now, playing over and over again is "Another One Bites the Dust" lol)
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    kazunomiya wrote: »
    Kazunomiya
    January week 1
    PW 344
    CW 341.4

Awesome!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Help!! Finding it hard to get back on track. Way over calories today and I haven’t even had dinner. Lol
    Hopefully with the kids back in school tomorrow things can start to return to normal.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Help!! Finding it hard to get back on track. Way over calories today and I haven’t even had dinner. Lol
    Hopefully with the kids back in school tomorrow things can start to return to normal.

Where I am too! Kids in school tomorrow. Need to thin out the holiday food that’s hung around. And get into a new routine, one for myself. Exercise and keeping myself busy. Intentions are to keep fresh cut up veggies in the house at all times. Hoping that can be a go to snack. Heres to tomorrow!! 🤞

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Wednesday, January 2nd

Exercise: Yes, 60 min HIIT Arc trainer & 45 min. inclined treadmill walk
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily post: Wednesday, January 2nd

Exercise: Yes, 60 min HIIT Arc trainer & 45 min. inclined treadmill walk

Awesome exercise!

• AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Wednesday /Jan 2nd)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes-Zumba and Body Works
    Goals/Day/Comments: starting the new year with back to back workouts whoop whoop!

@gemwolf110 Woot woot! Kicking off the New Year right!
This discussion has been closed.