TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week: What are your goals for 2019? Or even just January? And do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I usually make vague resolutions like lose weight or be healthier. This year I want to get my mental and physical health in check. I made steps already towards working on my mental health, and I’m trying with my physical health.

More specific goals for the year - Lose a minimum of 25lbs to be able to run a 10 mile race at the end of April (Just over a pound a week) and lose 50lbs total for the year.

In January, I want to be able to run m3 miles by the end of the month. And have my 1 mile time be fast enough to have MFP consider it running rather quickly walking.

Excellent goals for Jan
  • vicky2767
    Options
    I don't really do New Years resolutions because I always feel like there's pressure to complete and if I don't then I let myself down...

I saw someone post about doing goals for the month and I think that's a super good idea!

My goals for January:
    -lose 5 pounds
    -drink 8 cups of water daily

Excellent goals!!!
  • kearyandjessy
    kearyandjessy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Username: kearyandjessy
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 299.8
    Todays Weight: 300.4
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I just joined.

@CindyJNC1963 Awesome!! I'm about to win my 3rd round, I weigh out at the end of January, and I'll probably do it again, it really seems to keep me motivated. I have to have a looming deadline over my head or else I'm subconsciously sabotaging myself.
    Originally I was trying to get my mom to do it, but I thought some of you guys might like it. I did a lot of research on it before I did my first one because I'm always a bit leary of things like that. However I signed up and much to my surprise when I weighed out after the first 6 months and won-- they sent me a check :smile:
    Good Luck!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!!
    We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

I’m having such a bad day... thanks for listening.

@SaletaS Honestly, routine is how I succeed, and when I'm out of it, that's a recipe for failure, and on that note, I work from home so I have to focus on not wandering to the kitchen all the time. One thing I like to think about is, I don't diet, I just eat for my goals. I switched my diet over to keto and I find that in doing that it's forced me to eat higher quality foods and I find that when I eat better, I'm less hungry overall and the temptation to snack is reduced.
    I went the keto route because I am one of those all or nothing types, if I eat one cookie, I eat 10...and to go keto, you give up sugar...and that's sort of been life changing and worth every day that I can now look at cookies and cake and things like that and not even want them, not even a little.
    And losing weight IS all mental, you have to find what works for you and that's the hard part.
    Forgive yourself when you mess up, because you will, we all do, and get right back to it...
  • AB0215
    edited January 2019
    Options
    In January, I want to be able to run 3 miles by the end of the month. And have my 1 mile time be fast enough to have MFP consider it running rather quickly walking.

@Beckymomof3girls I can SO relate. I have been trying to run, again, I haven't really tried since 2017 when I hurt my hip trying and spent 3 months in therapy and I'm just now trying again....and my "run" is like everyone else's walk...just saying.

I sort of stopped making resolutions because I found that for me when the new year is no longer new, I am no longer motivated to achieve my resolutions, so I just started making goals and setting timelines and that's sort of been a much better way of doing it for me.
  • Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week: What are your goals for 2019? Or even just January? And do you make New Year's Resolutions? I don't do resolutions anymore. I would like to lose about 6-8 lbs a month though.
  • AB0215
    Options
    I don't really do New Years resolutions because I always feel like there's pressure to complete and if I don't then I let myself down...

I saw someone post about doing goals for the month and I think that's a super good idea!

My goals for January:
    -lose 5 pounds
    -drink 8 cups of water daily

@rawrxamberx I always encourage you to share your goals, and/or in my case post them on my office wall so I can see them everyday. It helps to remind me what I'm doing. And sharing your goals can help to do the same thing.
    And as for the pressure, it's the pressure that helps me to achieve my goals, it's why all of my goals have a timeline. And I don't feel disappointed if I don't reach them during that time frame if I've worked hard to achieve them, and especially when they were ambitious. Having said that, it's still a goal and I will STILL get there so I just keep going until I get it.
  • acabine
    acabine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My goal for 2019 is to drop 20-25 pounds. My ultimate goal weight is 135. I currently weigh 160..5

SW = 163 (12/25)
    GW = 135
    Weigh In = Tuesdays

Week: January Week 1 or 2 Not sure
    PW = 263 (12/25)
    CW = 160.5 (1/1)
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!! We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

Saleta!! I know exactly how you feel/ been there! I don’t do moderation well- which is why keto works for me! If I cheat - I say heck with it- might as well have whatever I want! When I was working out constantly and making super food choices/ I could really see my body toning up and I felt more energy. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I was just stressed out and not dedicated enough. Then I felt bad since I wanted to be further ahead right now... but I came back with a vengeance to make some healthy changes and not let myself down again. One of the things i have to mind is my snacking and wine intake - one leads to the other and my friends are all centered on the bar scene- so I have to get back into the sparkling water game. When I was alcohol free for a few months and eating a lot of omegas and veggies- my skin was glowing! I want that radiance back in looks and mood! So that’s kinda the long story behind- I feel ya. Also - I don’t let anything not on my diet in the house. It’s extreme for most, but that’s what i need. It’s also just me and my husband so- he will eat whatever. Lol
    Ps I am much better on my diet on vacation then while at home - I’m a champion dieter while traveling- I can’t explain it!

It’s still Jan 1- clean house and get back in the wagon with the rest of us!! 😘😘😘
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 15 mins treadmill, 15 mills elliptical, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: Good day, got a lot of chores done, most of my laundry is done, decided that I'm going to follow a cleaning schedule this year, instead of every 2 weeks spending a whole day cleaning because I neglected my house...we will see how that goes, I'm really not great with daily cleaning.
    My weight training is going pretty well so far this week, starting to add more weights to it, might be heading down the competition path soon enough :smile:
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

I just joined.

@CindyJNC1963 Awesome!! I'm about to win my 3rd round, I weigh out at the end of January, and I'll probably do it again, it really seems to keep me motivated. I have to have a looming deadline over my head or else I'm subconsciously sabotaging myself.
    Originally I was trying to get my mom to do it, but I thought some of you guys might like it. I did a lot of research on it before I did my first one because I'm always a bit leary of things like that. However I signed up and much to my surprise when I weighed out after the first 6 months and won-- they sent me a check :smile:
    Good Luck!!

I like challenging myself so it will be interesting. I picked 40 lbs in 6 months so it will be tough. How often do you weigh in?

• Safari_Gal
    Options
    Hi All!

Day 3 daily stats- Jan 1!
    Tracked - oui ✅
    Calories- sous ✅
    Exercise- ✅ 100 min soulcycle with heavier weight / weights- arms today

Work goes into high gear this week - my new asst starts tomorrow and I’m training another new person on Monday! My goal is to be mindful and meditate more- limit technology in bed (I’m always on the phone) and get good rest and nourishing food. I agree it’s easier to focus on mini goals. So- I’m working on not stressing and getting through the week with a mini 🌟 star!

Hope you had a great New Year’s Eve! 2019 is what we make of it? Oui?
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!!
    We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

@SaletaS Honestly, routine is how I succeed, and when I'm out of it, that's a recipe for failure, and on that note, I work from home so I have to focus on not wandering to the kitchen all the time. One thing I like to think about is, I don't diet, I just eat for my goals. I switched my diet over to keto and I find that in doing that it's forced me to eat higher quality foods and I find that when I eat better, I'm less hungry overall and the temptation to snack is reduced.
    I went the keto route because I am one of those all or nothing types, if I eat one cookie, I eat 10...and to go keto, you give up sugar...and that's sort of been life changing and worth every day that I can now look at cookies and cake and things like that and not even want them, not even a little.
    And losing weight IS all mental, you have to find what works for you and that's the hard part.
    Forgive yourself when you mess up, because you will, we all do, and get right back to it...

⬆️ This! 🙌🏻
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: January 1st

Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 11 miles on the exercise bike (46 minutes)

I have to go back to work tomorrow after being off 10 days. It's going to be a long day.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday January 1

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No, ugh!
    Goals/Day/Comments: I am on vacation from work this week so it’s hard to get up and moving. I am sticking to my Keto. I even made some fat bombs today. Working to convert my household to Keto.
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday

Track- sort of
    Calories- over
    Exercise- long walk with my husband, son, and dog!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories just under
    Exercise no

Question of the week
    My resolution for this year is to go to the gym my often
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Jan 1 check in
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - no
    Exercise - yes 47 min running. Not gonna lie this morning was tough. Only did 3 miles. Tomorrow will be better!
  • SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Rant: Is it just me or are weekends and holidays away from work the hardest to comply to your diet....when I’m at home, I find that I am more likely to cheat on my diet than when I’m at work. Maybe because I’m busy and have other things to do to keep me distracted.... but OMG today is HARD!!!!! We still have all the food and treats left over from our party and it’s all literally shouting my name and demanding I start snacking. Yesterday I told myself that it was ok to overindulge. I can’t 2 days in a row! I woke up this morning and went to the gym in my pajamas, with stank breath and all because I knew that I had to make sure to get back on track. I cycled for an hour and came back home. I’m trying soooo hard. I’m already down 10 pounds and I’m on this team and feel like y’all are depending on me to not eff up. It’s very stressful. I do admit that I can be extremely hard on myself because I feel that when I make excuses for myself, I take advantage of myself. Lol. It sounds crazy but it’s so true! I’ll tell myself “go ahead girl and eat that cookie. You worked hard today so you deserve it.” Then an hour later I tell myself, “ you’ve already had 3 cookies, just eat two chicken sandwiches from Rally’s and start over tomorrow” and then I’m having 3 cheat years. So I don’t really trust myself to give myself a pass. Ugh.....losing weight is ALL mental. I swear.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. One thing my sister had told me once when I was being particularly hard on myself was this:
    Talk to myself as if I was talking to my friend. I would never be so hard or judgmental towards someone else so stop being so hard on myself.
    And that really struck with me. Learn to be kind to yourself. We all slip.

I really like that. And it’s so true.... we do tend to be harder on ourselves that we are to other people. But that is a great way to look at things. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.