Track: no
    Over Calories
    Exercise: shoveling snow
    Company left so I can get back on track today
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Tigermom19 wrote: »
    Today is my weigh in day, so let me introduce myself. I am 47, a wife, mom of 3 teens, and work full time. I never permanently lost the baby weight from my kids when I was in my early 30s and in the past two years it has crept up even higher since hitting menopause. I was always a healthy weight as a child, teen, and into adulthood, never dieted, always ate whatever I wanted. Metabolism changed and now my lifetime of poor eating habits is a real problem. I am a soft drink addict which is a gateway "drug" to other unhealthy foods. I'm tired of being fat, feeling fat, and not looking good in my clothes. I'm also finally afraid for my health. I've been fortunate so far, and am not on any medication for anything, but the thought of causing myself to need it scares me. I've lost weight (25 pounds) 7 years ago on WW, but gained it back plus more. After spending $$$ on books, gym memberships, and dvd's, I can't justify spending anymore money on another "program". I know what I need to do. I am lacking the will to start, as there is always tomorrow. So here I am. My long term goal is to lose 60ish pounds, putting me at a healthy 150. My goal for January is to drink more water and get under 200. I'd say eliminate soft drinks, but I think focusing on the replacement might put me in a better mindset.
    SW 214
    Goal weight 150
    Goal for January-drink 80oz water per day
    PW 214
    CW 209.4 (January 3)

@Tigermom19 Have you tried Zevia sodas? They are sugar free...made with stevia---and taste really good! I drink them on occasion---highly recommend as a healthy soda replacement. You can order them on Amazon.com if your local grocer doesn't carry them.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily post: Thursday, January 3rd

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 60 min. Zumba, 60 min Body Pump and 35 min. Stair Climber (155 floors)

Comments: Was suppose to be a 5/2 fast day (but again) I over ate by 200 cals.... I had a really stressful day---- and didn't stick to my prelogged fasting plan. I felt like all the crazies were out today-- really WTH---first the newbie members in the studio classes at my gym where super rude, then later this morning, some guy cornered me in my car with his minivan--trapped my car so I couldn't move while he cursed me out-- for dropping my passenger (co-worker who has a medical issue) off at the door instead of parking---it was crazy, I mean I'm used to Boston drivers and their attitudes, but this guy scared me :o:s --and it set the tone for my day.

Thankfully I was too busy today to stop and "overeat my feelings" like I normally would have. But I did trade my 200 calorie high protein egg white omelette for a 400 calorie pint of Enlightened ice cream just now :s:*:# --- GAAH!!! Fingers crossed that things get easier this year---cause today I felt like everyone was out to get me!! :s

Friday puuuuu-leeeeezzz!!!!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

Have you tried Zevia sodas? They are sugar free...made with stevia---and taste really good! I drink them on occasion---highly recommend as a healthy soda replacement. You can order them on Amazon.com if your local grocer doesn't carry them.
    @SLIMn2016 I used to drink those, they are pretty good, a lot of my local stores now carry them, and their ingredients are actually much better than a regular soda.
    FYI, even Target carries them now.
  • AB0215
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I felt like all the crazies were out today-- really WTH---
    @SLIMn2016 ^^This. 100%. One of my jobs I take tech support calls and I swear the crazies were out today in full force calling and complaining when they were just too stupid to log into their account...
    Thankfully I was too busy today to stop and "overeat my feelings" like I normally would have. But I did trade my 200 calorie high protein egg white omelette for a 400 calorie pint of Enlightened ice cream just now :s:*:# --- GAAH!!! Fingers crossed that things get easier this year---cause today I felt like everyone was out to get me!! :s
    On another note, I've taken an extra step in January and I've decided to go back to basics, no processed foods (with the one exception, my diet dr pepper) and I'm feeling a lot better, less hungry and overall it's been easier....really hoping that this trend continues because I told myself that if I make it through January and hit my Jan goals, I'll treat myself to some birthday Keto Cupcakes in February...maybe something like that could help you....
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 52 min stationary bike. 9.5 miles at 11mph avg.

I know not all my food choices were good ones but I still stayed under calories. I’m still incorporating better options but I don’t intend to give up all my favorites. I’ve proven by losing and gaining before that I can’t maintain an eating plan that eliminates all my favorites. Everything in moderation.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: January 3rd

Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Not much. 4200 steps walking up and down the hall at work. I decided to take a day off from the cardio exercise today. I will get back at it tomorrow.

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins elliptical, 70 mins weight training.

Comments: Worked hard today with my trainer and he added another 100 lbs to the bar for the 2nd time this week. It definitely means I'm heading down the competition path :smile: Might be sore tomorrow, but it will all be worth it. Decided to treat myself to stuffed chicken tonight for dinner, ate a little more than I normally would, still under, but I also worked hard too, so it will offset a bit and I am fasting tomorrow so it will work out. I earned it :smile:
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories way over
    Exercise no twisted my ankle but that’s just an excuse cause I haven’t exercise in a long while.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: No, rest day
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Exercise: Yes, weight training day
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thurs

Track- yes
    Calories- a little over
    Exercise-30 min walk
  • Tigermom19
    Tigermom19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day, so let me introduce myself. I am 47, a wife, mom of 3 teens, and work full time. I never permanently lost the baby weight from my kids when I was in my early 30s and in the past two years it has crept up even higher since hitting menopause. I was always a healthy weight as a child, teen, and into adulthood, never dieted, always ate whatever I wanted. Metabolism changed and now my lifetime of poor eating habits is a real problem. I am a soft drink addict which is a gateway "drug" to other unhealthy foods. I'm tired of being fat, feeling fat, and not looking good in my clothes. I'm also finally afraid for my health. I've been fortunate so far, and am not on any medication for anything, but the thought of causing myself to need it scares me. I've lost weight (25 pounds) 7 years ago on WW, but gained it back plus more. After spending $$$ on books, gym memberships, and dvd's, I can't justify spending anymore money on another "program". I know what I need to do. I am lacking the will to start, as there is always tomorrow. So here I am. My long term goal is to lose 60ish pounds, putting me at a healthy 150. My goal for January is to drink more water and get under 200. I'd say eliminate soft drinks, but I think focusing on the replacement might put me in a better mindset.
    SW 214
    Goal weight 150
    Goal for January-drink 80oz water per day
    PW 214
    CW 209.4 (January 3)

@Tigermom19 Have you tried Zevia sodas? They are sugar free...made with stevia---and taste really good! I drink them on occasion---highly recommend as a healthy soda replacement. You can order them on Amazon.com if your local grocer doesn't carry them.

no, I haven't. I tried LaCroix, and it tastes like electricity! I need a sweet substitute, so I
    will look for those. Thanks for the suggestion! Seriously, it's a psychological addiction, and physical. I think if I make a switch to something that I like, but just a little less, like sweet tea, then I can break myself of the soda habit.

• catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday 3rd

Track- yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise-14,000 steps

Managed to stay under my calories, to help undo some of the damage of Wednesday! More of the same today I hope.
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Username: Ver9nika
    Week: January Week 1
    PW = 250.9
    CW= 250.9

Daily post: 03.01
    Calories: no, over by 336 kcal :(
    Exercise: Yes, ca 4.6 km walking
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Week: January Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW = 158.5
    CW = 158.5

I'm glad I maintained between the increase in my weights this week (hopefully some muscle being made here) and the chocolate and New Year's Eve food---not a bad result, but I did exercise heavily everyday and drink tons of water and tea. I'd like to focus more on eating cleaner this coming week and see if I can also get back to my 5/2 IF plan as well.

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: No, rest day

Comments: Hubby and I are sick :/ Hoping we are better tomorrow...taking today as a rest/sick day.

TGIF ALL-- ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND AND KEEP GOING!!! <3
  • AB0215
    Options

no, I haven't. I tried LaCroix, and it tastes like electricity! I need a sweet substitute, so I
    will look for those. Thanks for the suggestion! Seriously, it's a psychological addiction, and physical. I think if I make a switch to something that I like, but just a little less, like sweet tea, then I can break myself of the soda habit.

@Tigermom19 I don't like LaCroix either, they don't taste great to me (unless I add vodka to it) I like the Clear American brand from Walmart, those ones are sweeter tasting and pretty cheap.
  • AB0215
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)
    Track: no
    Calories: within
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical
This discussion has been closed.