TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    acabine wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    My goal for 2019 is to drop 20-25 pounds. My ultimate goal weight is 135. I currently weigh 160..5

SW = 163 (12/25)
    GW = 135
    Weigh In = Tuesdays

Week: January Week 1 or 2 Not sure
    PW = 263 (12/25)
    CW = 160.5 (1/1)

@acabine Awesome start!
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wed

Track- yes
    Calories- in range
    Exercise- 60 min piyo and lots of walking on the trail
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise 30 min walk
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:30 mins weight training, 30 mins walk

Comments: Wasn't going to do the walk, but the weight training went so much better than I thought it would and I ended up finishing early, so decided to add a nice walk in, and went outside forgetting how cold it was, but I finished anyway :smile:
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: January 2nd

Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 11 miles on the stationary bike (46 minutes) + 5,000 steps at work today

It was tough getting through the cardio workout when I got home from work. I was sooooo tired.
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Calories: over
    Exercise: Yes, 10,000 steps

I was over, over by an embarrassing amount. I had the whole day planned, but then life happened and hormones happened and I just tipped the kitchen into my face. I regret everything, I will try harder today.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    catvlmack wrote: »

I was over, over by an embarrassing amount. I had the whole day planned, but then life happened and hormones happened and I just tipped the kitchen into my face. I regret everything, I will try harder today.

I’m in the same place with you today. But tomorrow is another day. And I think my garbage can could use some junk food in it! And I think my exercise bike is pretty lonely! So those are my goals for tomorrow!! How about you?
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »

I’m in the same place with you today. But tomorrow is another day. And I think my garbage can could use some junk food in it! And I think my exercise bike is pretty lonely! So those are my goals for tomorrow!! How about you?

Walk more, eat less! I just need to keep away from the chocolate stash and my bad influence husband!
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily post: 02.01
    Calories: no, over (by 138 kcal)
    Exercise: Yes, ca 3km walking in snow storm :)
  • AB0215
    Options

Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 11 miles on the stationary bike (46 minutes) + 5,000 steps at work today

It was tough getting through the cardio workout when I got home from work. I was sooooo tired.

@CindyJNC1963 It IS hard to go after work, awesome job pushing through!
  • AB0215
    Options

@catvlmack It's a process and some days will be better than others, you just have to pick up the pieces and carry on when it's not so great. You got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

The Lone Thursday Weigher is:
    @tinak33
  • Tigermom19
    Tigermom19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day, so let me introduce myself. I am 47, a wife, mom of 3 teens, and work full time. I never permanently lost the baby weight from my kids when I was in my early 30s and in the past two years it has crept up even higher since hitting menopause. I was always a healthy weight as a child, teen, and into adulthood, never dieted, always ate whatever I wanted. Metabolism changed and now my lifetime of poor eating habits is a real problem. I am a soft drink addict which is a gateway "drug" to other unhealthy foods. I'm tired of being fat, feeling fat, and not looking good in my clothes. I'm also finally afraid for my health. I've been fortunate so far, and am not on any medication for anything, but the thought of causing myself to need it scares me. I've lost weight (25 pounds) 7 years ago on WW, but gained it back plus more. After spending $$$ on books, gym memberships, and dvd's, I can't justify spending anymore money on another "program". I know what I need to do. I am lacking the will to start, as there is always tomorrow. So here I am. My long term goal is to lose 60ish pounds, putting me at a healthy 150. My goal for January is to drink more water and get under 200. I'd say eliminate soft drinks, but I think focusing on the replacement might put me in a better mindset.
    SW 214
    Goal weight 150
    Goal for January-drink 80oz water per day
    PW 214
    CW 209.4 (January 3)

• batgirl140
    Options
    NSV: I got myself onto the exercise bike just as I wanted this morning, after the kids were off to school! This is big for me!

Who else has NSV today??
  • AB0215
    Options
    Tigermom19 wrote: »
    Today is my weigh in day, so let me introduce myself. I am 47, a wife, mom of 3 teens, and work full time. I never permanently lost the baby weight from my kids when I was in my early 30s and in the past two years it has crept up even higher since hitting menopause. I was always a healthy weight as a child, teen, and into adulthood, never dieted, always ate whatever I wanted. Metabolism changed and now my lifetime of poor eating habits is a real problem. I am a soft drink addict which is a gateway "drug" to other unhealthy foods. I'm tired of being fat, feeling fat, and not looking good in my clothes. I'm also finally afraid for my health. I've been fortunate so far, and am not on any medication for anything, but the thought of causing myself to need it scares me. I've lost weight (25 pounds) 7 years ago on WW, but gained it back plus more. After spending $$$ on books, gym memberships, and dvd's, I can't justify spending anymore money on another "program". I know what I need to do. I am lacking the will to start, as there is always tomorrow. So here I am. My long term goal is to lose 60ish pounds, putting me at a healthy 150. My goal for January is to drink more water and get under 200. I'd say eliminate soft drinks, but I think focusing on the replacement might put me in a better mindset.
    SW 214
    Goal weight 150
    Goal for January-drink 80oz water per day
    PW 214
    CW 209.4 (January 3)

@Tigermom19 Welcome! Great start for January!
  • SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Wednesday, January 2nd
    Over Calories
    Exercise: No
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: started to
    Calories: ended up over due to Christmas cookies
    Exercise: none

Ugh! I had the best intentions this morning, but alas, my willpower failed me.
  • batgirl140
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: started to
    Calories: ended up over due to Christmas cookies
    Exercise: none

Ugh! I had the best intentions this morning, but alas, my willpower failed me.

It’s only one day and tomorrow is another! Focus on tomorrow and promise yourself to meet your small goals for that day, then do the same for the next! Success is day to day. I have to remind myself that often. Big goals are met in small steps!! You’ll get it tomorrow!!

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: January Week 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 162.7
    Current Weight: 166.7

I realize that it's not an actual 5 lb gain in a week... but daaayyyyuuummmmm
    Cookies. We will have cookies for the entire month of January and we seriously aren't done with holiday dinners and stuff. This weekend will be the last one....
    Definitely feeling the reality of a 10 lb weight gain from the beginning of Dec to the beginning of Jan though. I'm not entirely happy about it, but I'm not in the mind set yet to shed lbs immediately. Just gonna make little changes here and there right now and work my way up to the big cuts.

PS - I need a vacation after the holidays. Its "people/chaos overload"! My toddler has been sleeping like 16 hrs a day the past few days just to recover from all the craziness. Wish I could do that.....
This discussion has been closed.