TEAM: Flab-U-Less (January)

Options

Replies

• rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge: Question of the week! How do you reward yourself? Do you have an ultimate reward?

Food is usually my reward to myself (eat at a nice restaurant, get foodstuff that's slightly above my budget - organic food for instance, nice dessert from a bakery etc), but then that's a slippery slope. Others' replies on this got me thinking. I need to get creative.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    January 2 daily post
    Exercise: no
    Logged: yes
    Calories: no, I ended up having two desserts and that put me over my calorie goal
    Daily goal: help someone today

I love your daily goal! 👏👏👏
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    Suezq72760 wrote: »
    Cdavisdeva
    January Week 1
    Thursday
    PW: 344.8
    CW: 338.6

That looks like five lbs right there, is there a new saw in your future? ;-)

Wait, now I'm confused... Since this was posted by RedStickdad I assumed it was his weight loss, but now I see the user name of Cdavisdeva. Who lost the weight here? LOL

sorry i copied for the format and forgot to type in my name over

So you DO get the saw!! LOL
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Daily post Thursday January 3
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes!!
    Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed. 😊
  • Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Honey5 Have you tried food prepping or pre-logging meals to keep a plan and to keep you full throughout the day? It has worked wonders for me.

Yes, I have been doing good with food prep the last two weeks. It's not the meals that ruining my calories, its needed a good substantial snack in between meals.

• Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Looking for good substantial snack suggestions?

Daily Wednesday, 3rd
    Calories: over 500
    Exercise: no

• daisytripp
    daisytripp Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Another okay day - could be better, but those last holiday snacks need to get out of my house!

Track - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise - no 😔
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday, January 3:
    Tracking: yes, finally!
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, 60 minutes Get Ripped 1000 (circuit workout) and 20 minutes Kathy Smith Pilates Core

Finally! A day where I tracked everything and stayed under my calories, even with my husband surprising me with homemade pizza!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @RedStickdad Awesome weigh in today!! Metal cutoffs are so handy! We just about did ours in though on our last arcade control panel project. I might put a new step down on my reward list too--what good ideas you have!
    @RisingAboveIt Great day all around! I'm looking forward to an actual shopping trip that doesn't involve the goodwill too! And homemade pizza just went on my list for my next day off! Thanks for the idea!
    @landryferguson That is the best daily goal ever!
    @over_oxers & @mrs1spy Kudos to both of you for just saying no to all the sweets!
    @ghy5 Taking down Christmas decorations IS a workout! Great day!
    @rekvar12 Well, those calories can be mitigated by walking to and from work again! Great job! I also had an ulterior motive for asking the question of the week- I am 2lbs away from 100lbs loss and I am un-creative when it comes to rewards too....I was hoping for some inspiration!
    @12774 That is the best goal you can make-good health! I wish all the best health for you and your family this year!
    @honey5 I snack a lot throughout the day so my snacks usually aren't that substantial. They usually consist of rice cakes, apples, crackers, and cheese. I does keep me going for a while though. I see a lot of people eating nuts and granola bars and stuff too.
    @Suezq72760 & @daisytripp Great day for the both of you!
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge: Question of the week! How do you reward yourself? Do you have an ultimate reward?

For me, I love love love the iced coffees at Dunkin Donuts, and normally I get them unsweetened. But a special treat is to get it with the flavor swirls (which have sugar). Sometimes I will just get one anyway and budget around the calories in it, but normally I save them as a special treat as a reward for "good behavior" the rest of the week.
  • mram3582
    Options
    @lar25473 Yummy!
  • mram3582
    Options
    Up to bat tomorrow:
    @ghy5
    @leni1us
    @lk2011
    @mrs1spy
    @spinnerkind
    @Suezq72760

Gonna be a great Friday! Be well!
  • mram3582
    Options
    Daily Post: 01/03 Thursday
    Calories:under
    exercise: no
    Daily goal: Consult the Book of Armaments for guidance. Same thing tomorrow!
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday, 1/3
    Track: Yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: 20 minutes low impact aerobics
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Daily post - 3rd January
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 1.5 hours walking including lots of stairs

@Honey5 - I find dairy quite filling so often have smoothies - usually half a frozen banana, milk and lots of ice in the nutribullet or low-fat plain Chobani yogurt has very little calories for a large serve. I love hommus too but have been avoiding it lately as it can often lead me to corn chips, crackers etc ;)
  • mram3582
    Options
    @starshine15 & @empire5 Great day for the both of you!
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    So I had a long "about me" typed up here a couple days ago for the new people but I clicked the wrong button and closed out of it so it didn't save.. here's to trying again :)

My name is Crystal, I am married and have 3 kids ranging from ages 8 months to 9 yrs. I am a stay at home Mommy, which really does keep me busy. I started MFP July 2018 after someone telling me that I "couldn't" lose the weight I wanted because I wouldn't stick to anything.. got me thinking and I do not like being told I can't do something so here I am. (Plus I want to be fit and healthy of course) I have lost around 30 lbs so far, looking to lose 10-15 more to be in the 130-135 range. The first few months was tough but I was strict on myself and had to say "NO" a LOT to foods and people offering foods. My goal was set to 1200 calories/day and I also tried to stay under 100 carbs and 45-50 grams of sugar. I have backslid a little since the holidays, but things are slowly getting better. I wish everyone good luck! The biggest loser has really helped me a ton :)
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I feel bad but not defeated. I must confess that I binge ate a bag of tostitos. First I measured what I ate. Then I wanted a few more but neglected to measure and instead started eating out of the bag. Eating out the bag is terrible for me unless it is baby carrots then I have a auto stop filter. I did log the cals...it was tough. My new resolve is to measure,no bag eating and no chip buying until I can be a reasonable adult.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Suezq72760
    Week 1
    PW: 153.7
    CW: 153.9 😞
    Glad that the holidays are over and I can get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.