January 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 and I'm starting with 15. One more day and the holidays are over!!! Yeah! Then I'm back to only 110 hours a week. :confused:

Adding 22 miles for 37 out of 200.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    f8xcxabc3sr8.jpeg
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    2nd Jan 6.46 miles walked
    3rd Jan 6.01 miles walked

Total miles walked to date 18.64
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,929 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »
    @JTH11706 - I feel your pain. This morning my scales revealed that I was at my heaviest since August '13 (ETA - it might only be 7/8 lbs ... but ...). They then went on to wish me Happy Birthday - with fireworks, followed by Happy New Year .... with more fireworks.
    How rude!!

Oh that is rude. I'm in the same boat - I haven't been this heavy in years. It's ok though, I know what I need to do. I'm not going back to where I was before MFP and MYAC. I will work it off and get back where I need to be. I take comfort in the fact that I've managed to stay in the healthy weight range for over 6 years now - although at the moment I'm on the border of overweight. Sad to say my scale did not move this morning but it will.

3 mile run this morning puts me at 10/75
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... adding s few more miles from the last few days!

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,373 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    k80flec wrote: »
    @JTH11706 - I feel your pain. This morning my scales revealed that I was at my heaviest since August '13 (ETA - it might only be 7/8 lbs ... but ...). They then went on to wish me Happy Birthday - with fireworks, followed by Happy New Year .... with more fireworks.
    How rude!!

Oh that is rude. I'm in the same boat - I haven't been this heavy in years. It's ok though, I know what I need to do. I'm not going back to where I was before MFP and MYAC. I will work it off and get back where I need to be. I take comfort in the fact that I've managed to stay in the healthy weight range for over 6 years now - although at the moment I'm on the border of overweight. Sad to say my scale did not move this morning but it will.

3 mile run this morning puts me at 10/75
    I am right there with you Janet. My knee is no excuse, but when they tell you to ice and elevate, you really can’t exercise. So I boredom eat. But I too know what I need to do to get the job done. I am not buying new clothes. I am the highest have I been in 6 years. Not where I started but not happy with myself. Slapping myself.

January 3: Got some trail hiking in today for an hour. Plus some x bike for 10 miles. Yesterday I scored 6 miles of walking.
    TTD: 21 miles

exercise.png

Congrats Anaconda!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    1/03
    24.79 miles
    70.13 miles MTD
  • Lovemyalex
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Accountabity ..... I am here because I said to myself .... Enough is enough.... In 2013 I weighed 253 lbs... With excerise (biking and walking) and changing everything that went into my mouth ... I changed me... I got down to 158 lbs.... That was my lowest... If you ever wonder why I do so many miles every day, every month,... It is the fear of gaining all that weight back.... There is no way I will ever let myself get that unhealthy ... So today I weigh 195 lbs... But I am stronger and so much healthier ... Do it for yourself and no one else... You are stronger than you can ever imagine ....
  • Lovemyalex
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution is .... to get back in the 170's .... I have now stated that to the entire team... I will hold myself accountable for reaching that goal... Sometimes you just have to shout it out loud ... I am shouting it to everyone... :D
    ** on a weekly basis.... I am going to weigh in ... this I my way of accountability....
    It will just be addional number at the bottom of a post but I will know what it is ...
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Got a good workout in on the elliptical and treadmill.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Adding 1 mile before a really good yoga class.

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    I...uh...ugh....stepped on the scale this morning. I gained several pounds during the festive period. The first year I have done that. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't taken 4 training days off the bike. Lesson learned for me.

Goal: 300.0 miles

01/01 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/02 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/03 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 75.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm in for 200 and I'm starting with 15. One more day and the holidays are over!!! Yeah! Then I'm back to only 110 hours a week. :confused:

Adding 22 miles for 37 out of 200.

Adding 17 miles for 54 out of 200.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I appreciate all you guys do and post. It's an inspiration and helps me not give up. I work too much and that leads to not eating healthy. I appreciate seeing I'm not the only one with struggles. Thanks for all your help. Especially to Dave and Janet for putting all these numbers in a spreadsheet. Not an easy task. Thanks guys.

Dean
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    1/1-walked 2.07 miles
    1/2-walked 3.69 miles
    1/3-walked 2.29 miles
    8.05/70 total miles

• joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    January 1 - 16 km trail run
    January 2 - rest day
    January 3 - 16 km run
    January 4 - 8 km run

Total distance completed 40 km - goal 200 km.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    Options
    Dave and Janet ^^^^what Dean just said! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

@LovemyAlex, @anaconda469, @clepant, @Janet...looks like we are all in the same boat...surprised the boat is not sinking...we must get serious about our exercise and the food we eat.

I will not gain the weight back. My heaviest was 192.2. My kids were little and I could not get down on the floor to play with them. But more importantly, if I was on the floor and something happened, I couldn't move fast enough to help them. That scared me. I have 10.6 pounds to get rid of, and it starts now!! I will also post my numbers at the bottom of my post.

EGADS!!!

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    Dave and Janet ^^^^what Dean just said! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

@LovemyAlex, @anaconda469, @clepant, @Janet...looks like we are all in the same boat...surprised the boat is not sinking...we must get serious about our exercise and the food we eat.

I will not gain the weight back. My heaviest was 192.2. My kids were little and I could not get down on the floor to play with them. But more importantly, if I was on the floor and something happened, I couldn't move fast enough to help them. That scared me. I have 10.6 pounds to get rid of, and it starts now!! I will also post my numbers at the bottom of my post.

EGADS!!!

Chris

We can do this all together.... just keep moving your *kitten*... eat healthier... :) team work is the key .... accountability is the answer... :)
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    1/04
    29.88 miles
    100.01 miles MTD
This discussion has been closed.