Tracking: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 25 minutes running, 10 minutes calisthenics, 85 minutes walking
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hey I'm Tracie I'm 38 from Wigan, UK.

I started my journey Oct 2017 at 298.5 and currently (after Xmas celebrations sit at 213.75). My goal is 165 and I want to reach that this summer. I'm 5'11 so can carry it quite well and as I get closer to my goal this may well change, I have been overweight for 15 years maybe so it's hard to tell.

Tracie_Lord
    Jan Wk 1 - 213.75
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: T34S3L
    PW: 197.7
    CW: 197.5
    A small loss but movement in the right direction, I'm happy as we've had a lot of food leftover from Christmas and there has been some drinking this week :wink:
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 1/3:

Tracking - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - no

I’ll get back to exercise either this weekend or next week. Trying to make sure my body is fully over this cold that seems to not want to go away :neutral:
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Last week: 256
    This week: 256

Nothing. Although I did weigh myself Wednesday to see the NYE/NYD damage and I did lose that extra weight over two days. So I guess that is a (very) small win
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ
    I was reading this morning about small weight gains the day after you have an extra hard workout (like crazy kettlebells) due to water retention. Maybe the number is lower than showing due to that.

• aminor55
    aminor55 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Username: Aminor55
    Previous weight: 245.8 lbs
    Current weight: 242.2 lbs
    Difference: 3.6 lbs

Weighing in weekly has definitely shown me that weight loss is not linear :smile:.
    Hoping I can kick this cold within the next week. I miss running. :-1:

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Jan. 4, 2019
    Last Week 237
    This Week Weigh In 236.2

I had 5 really good days, one horrible day, and one so so day. Its a little upsetting because I at flawless for 5 days in a row, nothing but whole foods, and then I feel off. I will try better this week.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Username: swauters
    January wk 1
    Previous weight: 228 lbs? Or 227? Sorry I am bad at remembering last weeks weight
    Current weight: 225 lbs
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    @erikNJ
    I was reading this morning about small weight gains the day after you have an extra hard workout (like crazy kettlebells) due to water retention. Maybe the number is lower than showing due to that.

I have heard things like that as well. It hurts my legs to sit down or stand up today. So i’ll run with that!! :D
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Bizgirl26
    Friday weigh in 160.6
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh in

Last week 134.2
    This week ( Jan 3) 135.2

I've been a disaster over the holidays. Sorry team. trying to get back on track!

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,379 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Username: Grandmajackie
    PW: 147
    CW: 145.2 (-1.8)

I was also down 1.7 pounds more Wednesday 😫. That’s okay, my new scale arrive yesterday and I also was able to get a couple strength sesssions in this week. My goal for this weekend is to continue with healthy food choices Hopefully my next weeks weigh will continue to go down!!!

@mikea2g, congratulations on your success so for in your weight loss, yay!
    @PhatStax69, I’ve had the same problem the last few weeks. Starting out the week doing everything right and having one bad day. On the bright side you did have 5 excellent days. Plus you were about to jump right back on the horse, that a biggg win in my books.

@aminor55, hopefully you can kick this cold soon, :smile:
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Tracie I'm 38 from Wigan, UK.

I started my journey Oct 2017 at 298.5 and currently (after Xmas celebrations sit at 213.75). My goal is 165 and I want to reach that this summer. I'm 5'11 so can carry it quite well and as I get closer to my goal this may well change, I have been overweight for 15 years maybe so it's hard to tell.

Tracie_Lord
    Jan Wk 1 - 213.75

I always love how you put things in perspective, Tracie! You may be up from enjoying the holidays immensely, but you are still down 84.75 pounds!! And you will be down more next week, seeing as the holidays are, mercifully, over!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    T34S3l wrote: »
    Username: T34S3L
    PW: 197.7
    CW: 197.5
    A small loss but movement in the right direction, I'm happy as we've had a lot of food leftover from Christmas and there has been some drinking this week :wink:

That's right, heading in the right direction coming out of the holiday season!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Last week: 256
    This week: 256

Nothing. Although I did weigh myself Wednesday to see the NYE/NYD damage and I did lose that extra weight over two days. So I guess that is a (very) small win

Yes, it is a win to lose the NYE/NYD weight, and not a small one in my books! Mike is right, it could just be water retention after you crushed your kettle bell workout!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    aminor55 wrote: »
    Username: Aminor55
    Previous weight: 245.8 lbs
    Current weight: 242.2 lbs
    Difference: 3.6 lbs

Weighing in weekly has definitely shown me that weight loss is not linear :smile:.
    Hoping I can kick this cold within the next week. I miss running. :-1:

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

You may have a cold that has kept you from running this week, but the number on the scales should more than make up for that!! Well done!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    @erikNJ

Yep, it's called DOMS @erikNJ so if you are feeling sore after a workout day, chances are it's because you have 'ripped or tore small muscle fibers, which is completely normal (it's nothing major, just needs a rest day and protein to help with the repair). It's a small damage due to growth of muscles which is why you feel so sore after a strenuous strength session. Next to water retention, some people can report up to a 6 pound gain, all due to the inflammation of the muscle as it heals. So it isn't a surprise you can go from a reported loss of weight to a gain or maintain after hitting the gym hard
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Jan 3

Tracked yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

Just when I thought I was safe, LNS hit me hard. 😥😥

Sunday no
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes