January 2019 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Adding 2.8 miles.

I'll add my weight too, should we pick a day each week? I'm a little unhappy with it, it keeps creeping up, my trainer and dietitian think I'm doing too much in the way of exercise and we have a plan for that. I work in a doctor's office and yesterday checked in a woman my height 5'2" and my starting weight of 248, then an hour later, checked in another woman my height and about four pounds less than what I currently weigh. A great way to see what Ive accomplished so far because I have trouble seeing it on myself.

My gym is doing a year long resolutions project where you make the ones you want to do, and check in periodically on your progress. There are prizes along the way. I just picked up the paper and need to fill in a few.

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,821 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    Adding 2.8 miles.

I'll add my weight too, should we pick a day each week? I'm a little unhappy with it, it keeps creeping up, my trainer and dietitian think I'm doing too much in the way of exercise and we have a plan for that. I work in a doctor's office and yesterday checked in a woman my height 5'2" and my starting weight of 248, then an hour later, checked in another woman my height and about four pounds less than what I currently weigh. A great way to see what Ive accomplished so far because I have trouble seeing it on myself.

My gym is doing a year long resolutions project where you make the ones you want to do, and check in periodically on your progress. There are prizes along the way. I just picked up the paper and need to fill in a few.

exercise.png

I plan on putting my number in on Wednesdays ... it worked very well before... Accountibily .... it really does work...
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

I wish I could say all i have to lose is Holiday weight. :lol: I am laser-focused on getting rid of it now. It's been a great week so far! :+1:

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’m in for 200 miles again please, thank you for making this challenge happen.

1/1 5 miles
    1/2 9.25 miles
    1/3 4.50 miles
    1/4 8 miles

As of 1/4 26.75 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,373 Member
    Options
    Jan. 4: Adding 4 miles today. I had my second knee injection so I made a point of moving before it.
    TTD: 25 miles

exercise.png

I was 210 at my heaviest in 2010 and 134 at my best when I was training and running. I have packed on too many pounds for me. So I am in to lose 25. Accountability does help.

• joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    January 1 - 16 km trail run
    January 2 - rest day
    January 3 - 16 km run
    January 4 - 8 km run
    January 5 - 11 km trail run

Total distance completed 51 km - goal 200 km.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Lovemyalex wrote: »
    cpanus wrote: »
    Dave and Janet ^^^^what Dean just said! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

@LovemyAlex, @anaconda469, @clepant, @Janet...looks like we are all in the same boat...surprised the boat is not sinking...we must get serious about our exercise and the food we eat.

I will not gain the weight back. My heaviest was 192.2. My kids were little and I could not get down on the floor to play with them. But more importantly, if I was on the floor and something happened, I couldn't move fast enough to help them. That scared me. I have 10.6 pounds to get rid of, and it starts now!! I will also post my numbers at the bottom of my post.

EGADS!!!

Chris

We can do this all together.... just keep moving your *kitten*... eat healthier... :) team work is the key .... accountability is the answer... :)

Oh yeh I agree. I just got carried away eating, might be my Bi-Polar messing with me after my surgery, by Christmas I was not paying attention to what I ate. So I am hitting the training and back on my regular food. A shout out to all you kind folks that keep up the spreadsheet. And all of you that keep me motivated even with regaining weight. I am now more motivated to get rid of it again.

• anaconda469
    Options
    Goal: 300.0 miles

01/01 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/02 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/03 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/04 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 100.0 miles

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.09 miles walked today

Total miles to date 22.73
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 and I'm starting with 15. One more day and the holidays are over!!! Yeah! Then I'm back to only 110 hours a week. :confused:

Adding 22 miles for 37 out of 200.

Adding 17 miles for 54 out of 200.

Adding 18 miles for 72 out of 200.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,929 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

You know what I learned today after reading the comments from all of us who need to lose some weight? I learned that as a group we have beat the odds and are highly successful at our fitness goals. I think research says that 80% of people who lose 10% or more of their body weight gain it all back. Well many of us in this group have lost much more than 10% of our body weight and although we may not be as slim as we were, an awful lot of us have successfully stayed at a lower weight for years. And that's pretty awesome!

So let's get going and lose the weight we need to lose, because none of us are going back "there." I have no doubts that the reason we have beat the odds so far is because of this group. I know it's hard - injuries, work, and the rest of life get in the way. But we can do this by keeping each other accountable.

I did a 6 mile run this morning - my last before Disney next weekend - and it was great. And better still, I'm happy to say the scale finally moved this morning so things are looking up. Have a great, healthful weekend!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Adding 1.2 miles

As for the weight loss, I joined the National Weight Loss Registry about two years ago. It's an ongoing study and you can join if you have lost 30 lbs or more and kept it off for a year. They send out a main survey once a year and compile all the ways successful losers keep the weight off. They also send out a few more during the year on a specific topic, like the most recent one was how you handled the holidays. Last year I had to admit I gained back fifteen pounds and the survey was geared towards that. The characteristics of successful losers are interesting, the one I'm definitely NOT is watching less than ten hours of television a week lol.

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,929 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    Adding 1.2 miles

As for the weight loss, I joined the National Weight Loss Registry about two years ago. It's an ongoing study and you can join if you have lost 30 lbs or more and kept it off for a year. They send out a main survey once a year and compile all the ways successful losers keep the weight off. They also send out a few more during the year on a specific topic, like the most recent one was how you handled the holidays. Last year I had to admit I gained back fifteen pounds and the survey was geared towards that. The characteristics of successful losers are interesting, the one I'm definitely NOT is watching less than ten hours of television a week lol.

exercise.png

@kar328 - thanks so much for this. I went to their website and the research is really interesting.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    1/05
    31.13 miles
    131.14 miles MTD
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

1st: 11.2 miles, 6.2 m running, 4 m purposeful walking - MTD 11.2
    2nd: 7.5 miles, 2.12 m running, 5.38 m purposeful walking - MTD 18.7
    3rd: 9 miles, 3.54m running, 5.46 m purposeful walking - MTD 27.7
    4th: 1.91 miles - MTD 29.61
    5th: 7 miles - MTD 36.61

Today I walked briskly home after volunteering as timekeeper at parkrun .... and got a pain in my *kitten*. The discomfort was in a spot identified a few weeks ago by my sports masseuse as a tight piriformis :s Needless to say the spiky ball has been well and truly deployed this evening.
    @Janet is so right, we are an awesome group and @kar328 and @clepant say ... together we’ll be accountable and support each other as we recover ground.
    What day are we choosing - Wednesday sounds good @Lovemyalex - I’m going for 10 lbs.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,373 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Janet: Well said! This group is awesome and most definitely a motivator for me to stay healthy.
    Kar: Looking at that site. Thanks!
    K80flec: Fewls painful, just reading about it. Hope your spiky ball is helping.
    Jan. 5: It was a gorgeous, sunny, 50 degree day here. I’ll take it. I got five miles in putting door hangers out for my church this morning. Steps were a bit tough here and there but I did it. Swelling from my injection is minimal this round.
    Anaconda: You go girl. We will be successful together.

TTD: 30 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    Options
    Goal: 300.0 miles

01/01 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/02 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/03 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/04 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/05 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 125.0 miles

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    25.61 miles so far.

exercise.png

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Last week was not so bad as I got out every day ttd 15.5 miles. Now laid up with bad cough and chest infection. Grumpy
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    I started exercise to lose weight. I thought if I dropped from 190 lbs to 170 lbs, I could ride further. Now 10 years later, I've gone from 35 miles was a long ride to 100 miles is a long ride. I'm still just over 190 lbs but I don't reflux anymore and I can kick butt on some younger rides. :smile: For those who put weight and fitness together, it can mean that. However, don't get so tied to weight that you lose sight of the gains you make in fitness. This group has been a real pleasure and blessing to help me stay motivated. The fitness has allowed me to be able to survive a work schedule that is insane. I have some relief coming this summer to help with work but I credit this group and exercise with keeping my head and body from going off the deep end. There are way too many people over the several years to name individually but I would like the thank Chris, Dave, Susan, Janet and Char in particular.
This discussion has been closed.