maithileesj Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Username: maithileesj
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 136.9
    Todays Weight: 135.8

This weigh-in is momentous for me - I turn 40 yo tomorrow! And I can't believe I'm so excited to be reaching this milestone, considering how sad I was when getting out of my 20s, ten years ago. I'm in far better shape now than I have been in the past ten years, most of that transformation occurring in the past year and a half.

I'm a stickler for metrics, so I actually did some number crunching based on the extensive records I've been keeping since 2008.

Loss since Jun 2017 (when I was at my heaviest and most unfit, and when I joined MFP):
    Weight - 10 kgs/ 22 lb
    Inches - 35

Loss since Jan 2018 (my last birthday)
    Weight - 5.9 kgs/ 13 lb
    Inches - 18

Loss since Jan 2009 (my 30th birthday, ten years ago!)
    Weight - 3.4 kgs/ 7.5 lb
    Inches (this is the kicker!) - 21

I'm still about 5 kgs (11 lb) and 15 inches away from my goal but I'm in a highly self-congratulatory mood to have arrived in the 40s slimmer, stronger and fitter than I did when reaching my 30s.

Today's my first day of 5-2 IF (first full-fasting day). Let's hope I can stick with it this time.

Happy new year, y'all!

First of all - welcome to the 40s club!!! Your welcome kit is in the mail😁

Awesome job on 1- the record keeping and 2- the vast improvements!!!!

I would be so proud!!! Celebrate with pride!

Thanks, @Beka3695 ! Yes, the effort does pay off, doesn't it!
  • maithileesj
    Options
    Username: maithileesj
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 136.9
    Todays Weight: 135.8

This weigh-in is momentous for me - I turn 40 yo tomorrow! And I can't believe I'm so excited to be reaching this milestone, considering how sad I was when getting out of my 20s, ten years ago. I'm in far better shape now than I have been in the past ten years, most of that transformation occurring in the past year and a half.

I'm a stickler for metrics, so I actually did some number crunching based on the extensive records I've been keeping since 2008.

Loss since Jun 2017 (when I was at my heaviest and most unfit, and when I joined MFP):
    Weight - 10 kgs/ 22 lb
    Inches - 35

Loss since Jan 2018 (my last birthday)
    Weight - 5.9 kgs/ 13 lb
    Inches - 18

Loss since Jan 2009 (my 30th birthday, ten years ago!)
    Weight - 3.4 kgs/ 7.5 lb
    Inches (this is the kicker!) - 21

I'm still about 5 kgs (11 lb) and 15 inches away from my goal but I'm in a highly self-congratulatory mood to have arrived in the 40s slimmer, stronger and fitter than I did when reaching my 30s.

Today's my first day of 5-2 IF (first full-fasting day). Let's hope I can stick with it this time.

Happy new year, y'all!

Happy birthday. I turned 50 on the second. My 40s were definitely better than my 30s.

Happy belated birthday to you! And here's to a great set of 50s for you!
  • maithileesj
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    @maithileesj - impressive stats and record keeping, well done!

I managed to cope ok with my catch-up meal with my ex-colleagues, didn't quite stick with the salad idea (I was feeling a little cold!), but managed to stick with some butternut squash soup followed by chicken with polenta. Not as bad as I could have been though! I kept my steps up, which was good. I also drank a lot of water!!

Had a sensible breakfast today and although we treated ourselves to a meal out whilst shopping for January bargains, I went for grilled fish and rice - which I think was a good choice, albeit I had a small glass of wine! Grilled pork and steamed vegetables was for dinner with only a small jacket potato. OK - I will 'fess up to another small glass of wine, but have been drinking some water during the day. Will be working a lot more on the water levels when I get back to work next week. Up to 17,128 steps at the moment! :)

Thanks, @NikMar !
  • maithileesj
    Options
    @maithileesj Happy Birthday

Welcome to all the new members!

I wish I still enjoyed cooking...I used to when I first got married, but now I could care less. I think that is part of what got me to where I am today. It’s dinner time, and I am hungry, but I have no motivation to make a meal. I have some leftovers so that is what I will likely do, and I have no intentions of blowing it because weigh in is tomorrow. Just venting...but a personal chef would be lovely.

Thanks, @mainebeachbum
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Beautiful loss @mainebeachbum!
  • Patti705
    Patti705 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Expecting nice weather here in the Mid Atlantic so going to take advantage of it and get a walk outside and meet up with a pal. (Sadly, she is my walking partner but is sidelined for injuries so we'll be drinking coffee rather than stepping.)

User ID: patti705
    Week #: January Week One
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 170
    Current Weight: 170

Have a great day all!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Username: mainebeachbum
    Weigh in week: Week Two
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 257.2
    Todays Weight: 253.4

Funny how being mindful of what goes in makes a difference!

What a super impressive week!!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    RubyRed427
    Weigh in saturday
    Current 157
    Previous 156.7
    Didn’t lose or gain. Could do better. Had a bunch of popcorn at a movie on Jan. 1st. Happy weekend every one!

@RubyRed427
    posted
    wtg on the loss

After everything I had to post today..I almost forgot my weigh in

abowersgirl
    Week 1
    Wrigh in day Saturday
    PW 144.6 (I think)
    CW 143.8

@abowersgirl
    posted
    wtg on the loss

• rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Rheaj1991
    Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous weight 165.6
    Current weight 163.2
  • trinalong79
    trinalong79 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: Trinalong79
    Week: 2
    Previous weight: 174
    Current weight: 173.2
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    rheaj1991 wrote: »
    Rheaj1991
    Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous weight 165.6
    Current weight 163.2
    @rheaj1991
    posted
    congrats on the loss
    Username: Trinalong79
    Week: 2
    Previous weight: 174
    Current weight: 173.2
    @trinalong79
    posted
    wtb on the loss
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ShowKitten wrote: »

This was me yesterday. Spent all day hungry so went there bed at 9pm. My husband stayed up to play games but waited till he was in bed to decide he was going to make toast and eat it beside me. I’d ignored the sweets etc he ate alll day, but I was furious that he brought toast smell to bed. He also made dinner (which was lovely) but because I was pain earlier he thought it would comfort me to give more food. I know he’s being nice but man I could murder him when I’ve been meticulously weighing and logging food.

I would have lost it to be honest! haha you are a stronger person than I am!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone...
    Ive got my workout done, did meal prep and now sitting here waiting for my curbside grocey pick up. Headed to the big comfy couch after this...

Monday is upon us... lets set the tone for the week. Get that workout in, drink that water and kick Monday's *kitten*!!!

mawd5j6j457ny7.png
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did so well eating wise. Ate healthy and managed to get through cooking dinner for the family without nibbling and eating with them (homemade pizza was on the menu) and desert (1/2 nutella rolled croissants and 1/2 smores) but after my final work out for the day I found myself hungry and after looking in the cupboards and fridge for something to munch that would be healthy, i found we had literally nothing left (besides onions) and ended up eating cookies 😧😧 I need to go to the grocery store to buy more good foods so this doesn't happen again. It is difficult because we have seven people living in the house and even if the healthier options are left for me too eat (they are all boys with super high motabalisms...I have tried healthy cooking for them but some how it tends to fall back into old routines of "good tasting foods") when we are out of healthier options, i am left with high salty, oily and fattening foods not to mention the junk they buy daily. Life is slowly getting back to normal and all the left overs are slowly being dwindled away, so it will get better but I forgot how hard the weeks following the holidays can be...it's almost as hard as the holidays themselves
This discussion has been closed.