edited January 2019
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@sufferlandrian - right you are. In addition to having folks who have achieved and maintained weight loss we have some bad@ss athletes here. Fitness has more than one facet.

I didn't sleep well last night and I was grumpy in church this morning - which wasn't good because I was in charge of taking down the Christmas tree. I hope I wasn't too short with anyone who volunteered to help. Going out for a pedicure - need to trim my toe nails before the Dopey Challenge next week.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    4.3 miles

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    1/06
    25.63 miles
    156.77 miles MTD
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,347 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Adding 21.04 today. Got on the recumbent this morning. It was the first time since the 1st.

It was really hard this past week. Our two year old grandson has a nasty, nasty virus. Our daughter and SIL took him into emergency two nights in a row because he was having so much trouble breathing. We helped out during the afternoons/evenings. It was very scary. He is doing much better today, but his voice is still gravely and he still coughs. We'll get him on Tuesday when she goes back to work. It was so heartbreaking to watch.

exercise.png

@Dean that was such a nice thing to say! Thank you! And I'm really glad you didn't go crazy or anything. Summer will be here before you know it, so help is on the way. And you are right, this is a great group.

This will be a better week.

Chris
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,377 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Dean: so very true. My weight loss is to keep it off my joints. The less weight they bare the longer they last. I remember a book that I have in my library called “fit or fat”. Many people are thin but they are not fit but any means. And you as well as others have truly been my version of EA (eater’s anonymous). I have learned so much from this group and I hope that newbies come to love the group as much as me.
    @cpanus: Chris, I sure hope your grandson gets better son. The flu and viruses going around have
    been wicked and we are not into the bad months yet. My sister sounds horrid and I halve had other friends and family knocked off their feet for days.
    @Janet: did you mean for the little play on words, “Grumpy in church, before the Dopey Challenge”? Hope you are feeling better. Will be thinking good thoughts for your run.
    @kar: You have come so far. I am glad you got to see the before and after through other people.
    @joannedrummond5: I see you run road and trail. Do you have a preference as to which you like better or do you do both to mix it up? I have been doing more trail lately for various reasons. I always like to hear others views.
    @vhuber: You have been AWOL and I wondered if you are okay?
    Jan. 6: Adding 1.5 miles. I was tending my dad today and had lots of things going on at my church. Knee was a bit swollen so I backed off today and gave it a rest.
    TTD: 131.5 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    I started exercise to lose weight. I thought if I dropped from 190 lbs to 170 lbs, I could ride further. Now 10 years later, I've gone from 35 miles was a long ride to 100 miles is a long ride. I'm still just over 190 lbs but I don't reflux anymore and I can kick butt on some younger rides. :smile: For those who put weight and fitness together, it can mean that. However, don't get so tied to weight that you lose sight of the gains you make in fitness. This group has been a real pleasure and blessing to help me stay motivated. The fitness has allowed me to be able to survive a work schedule that is insane. I have some relief coming this summer to help with work but I credit this group and exercise with keeping my head and body from going off the deep end. There are way too many people over the several years to name individually but I would like the thank Chris, Dave, Susan, Janet and Char in particular.

Thank you Dean! You did give me a reality check though. My fitness is the best I have had in over 20 years. I can do long and short rides and I am more fit, have a better pedal stroke and cadence than my son David who is 37! I can stack way more miles than he can too. So you are right, I should not tie weight up to fitness. Thanks my friend
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    Goal: 300.0 miles

01/01 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/02 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/03 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/04 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/05 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/06 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 150.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 and I'm starting with 15. One more day and the holidays are over!!! Yeah! Then I'm back to only 110 hours a week. :confused:

Adding 22 miles for 37 out of 200.

Adding 17 miles for 54 out of 200.

Adding 18 miles for 72 out of 200.

Adding 7 miles for 79 out of 200.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    10 miles steps done
    10 miles total

40 miles left towards
    50 mile January goal

Thank you!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

w3m05qgddcmf.jpeg

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    1/1-1/6 = 22.88

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    1/07
    23.57 miles
    180.34 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles, most of it running in Boot Camp.

exercise.png

• countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    January 2 5.36
    January 3 5.75
    January 4 4.94
    January 5 4.45
    January 6 3.41

exercise.png

MTD 27.22
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 and I'm starting with 15. One more day and the holidays are over!!! Yeah! Then I'm back to only 110 hours a week. :confused:

Adding 22 miles for 37 out of 200.

Adding 17 miles for 54 out of 200.

Adding 18 miles for 72 out of 200.

Adding 7 miles for 79 out of 200.

Adding 12 miles for 91 out of 200.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    @clepant - hahaha! No I didn't intentionally say "Grumpy before the Dopey Challenge." Truth be told, I'm not really much of a Disney fan, which might be hard to believe given how much time I spend there. They sure do put on nice races though.

Yesterday was a picture perfect day here. I went for a fabulous bike ride (to church because there was stuff grumpy me forgot to do yesterday) on the back trails of my town yesterday. It was just wonderful. I'm at 41/75 and I've lost 2.5 pounds. Going the right way!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    January 7 4.78

exercise.png

MTD 32 miles
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,145 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    1/5 3.75 miles
    1/6 7 miles
    1/7 8.25 miles

As of 1/7 45.75 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    January 1 - 16 km trail run
    January 2 - rest day
    January 3 - 16 km run
    January 4 - 8 km run
    January 5 - 11 km trail run
    January 6 - 5 km clun run
    January 7 - rest day
    January 8 - rest day

Total distance completed 56 km - goal 200 km.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

wh8e5dtrv1au.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.