Team WORKOUT WARRIORS - JANUARY 2019 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Steps re-entered!!

Today has gone ok. Stepped away from boring looking biscuits at work and didn't miss them! Had a good breakfast (that's never the problem, it's what happens every minute after that until I go to bed!), and went for salad for lunch. Dinner was homemade pork stroganoff with orzo. Body combat was also ok. I just hope with all these saintly efforts, I will have lost at least 0.5lb for tomorrow's weigh in!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    Steps re-entered!!

Today has gone ok. Stepped away from boring looking biscuits at work and didn't miss them! Had a good breakfast (that's never the problem, it's what happens every minute after that until I go to bed!), and went for salad for lunch. Dinner was homemade pork stroganoff with orzo. Body combat was also ok. I just hope with all these saintly efforts, I will have lost at least 0.5lb for tomorrow's weigh in!

Looks like a great day! Way to walk away from that stuff! Your Weigh in is gonna be good!
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Did good last night... night off tonight from work. I should be doing school work but I have ZERO desire to read. Sigh. It's only going to get worse once the rest of the classes start. I've always done school work at work since we have lots of down time (911 dispatcher). Been working though with this one lady (not the normal partner) and she just doesn't stop talking and I am easily side tracked. And since i'm easily side tracked.. I thinking about also getting rid of my Sling TV account. I get sucked into the tv and I just sit there all night. I have no self restraint. Without tv, working night shift.. and staying up on nights when I'm off... there won't be anything to do besides study. Side note: does anyone watch my 600 lb life? I'm just in shock.. talk about motivation to stay the course! I will still have amazon prime though. I figure also this would make me take the dogs out actually for walks instead of just letting them run around in the backyard.. as well as pass my classes. I have to have straight A's in all my courses as when I apply to the nursing program itself, it is partially based off GPA and the higher it is, the better my chances.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    OK MINE ALL RIGHT UP TO TODAY
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Snow day here so I ended up working on a different unit for most of the day which gave me more steps than normal. Ending the day under calories, too, which is a bonus.

I’m really tired, going to bed early. My husband has pneumonia and has coughed nearly nonstop for 2 weeks now. My Fitbit sleep cycle log has me getting less than 45 minutes of deep sleep a night! I think it’s because I wake up so frequently. I will be glad when he’s better! I’m sure he’ll be glad,too!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sweet dreams, warriors!
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    @iamworthy14 be patient. Sometimes it can be slow to come off and seem so fast going on. But if you have a good realistic plan, it should work. Just be consistent and hold fast.
    @WishfulThinning18 good luck with your classes. Does your partner not see you trying to read? Sometimes people are a little slow to get the point. My wife and I both LOVE watching “My 600 # Life”. You are correct. It is wonderful motivation to continue this journey. Are you applying to an RN or a BSN program?
    @mainebeachbum Has he taken any antibiotics? If it resolving, it can take several weeks to clear especially if he is a smoker. If it doesn’t seem to be getting better he may want to see his prImary care provider.
    @NikMar remember it is a marathon, not a sprint. Be patient, it will happen.
    @Navydaddjtc Greg, I just want to say thank you for being a GREAT team captain! You provide lots of insight and motivation. I tried to PM you, but am having trouble syncing. I will try again.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Did good last night... night off tonight from work. I should be doing school work but I have ZERO desire to read. Sigh. It's only going to get worse once the rest of the classes start. I've always done school work at work since we have lots of down time (911 dispatcher). Been working though with this one lady (not the normal partner) and she just doesn't stop talking and I am easily side tracked. And since i'm easily side tracked.. I thinking about also getting rid of my Sling TV account. I get sucked into the tv and I just sit there all night. I have no self restraint. Without tv, working night shift.. and staying up on nights when I'm off... there won't be anything to do besides study. Side note: does anyone watch my 600 lb life? I'm just in shock.. talk about motivation to stay the course! I will still have amazon prime though. I figure also this would make me take the dogs out actually for walks instead of just letting them run around in the backyard.. as well as pass my classes. I have to have straight A's in all my courses as when I apply to the nursing program itself, it is partially based off GPA and the higher it is, the better my chances.

I do! I usually put that on to motivate me to walk around the house. I love Dr Now.

There's a few good companion series to it too, Where Are they Now and a skin surgery one.
  • trinalong79
    trinalong79 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    STEP PAGE ISSUE

Hi Steppers -- There has been a SNAFU with the step spreadsheet.

Looks like an accidental click from a captain erased some of our numbers.
    @boehle
    @nikmar
    @Navydaddjtc
    @Trinalong79 -- I need all of yours
    @Gutcutter500
    @abowersgirl
    @megnolia82
    @melissafeagins
    @alc659
    @rheaj1991

Please take a look at the spreadsheet and re enter your numbers
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18SYOiF4mYRUqxP4nFxXOreq9Diq30ArGoRc43KuIrw0/edit#gid=1792796776

Thank you for re-entering. This will save me from going back thru multiple pages to recreate.

The spreadsheet isn't opening on my phone and I will forget about it before I get home today. My steps for Sunday were 2392, if someone can please edit for me, I will appreciate it.

Trinalong79 steps

Sun 6834
    Mon 7892
    Tue 10923
    Wen 8964
    Thu 4523
    Fri. 11849
    Sat. 16957
    Sun. 10238
    Mon 8164
    Tues 7459
    Wed 9583

Sorry i couldn’t get it to open from my phone
  • trinalong79
    trinalong79 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    STEP PAGE ISSUE

Hi Steppers -- There has been a SNAFU with the step spreadsheet.

Looks like an accidental click from a captain erased some of our numbers.
    @boehle
    @nikmar
    @Navydaddjtc
    @Trinalong79 -- I need all of yours
    @Gutcutter500
    @abowersgirl
    @megnolia82
    @melissafeagins
    @alc659
    @rheaj1991

Please take a look at the spreadsheet and re enter your numbers
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18SYOiF4mYRUqxP4nFxXOreq9Diq30ArGoRc43KuIrw0/edit#gid=1792796776

Thank you for re-entering. This will save me from going back thru multiple pages to recreate.
    I couldn’t open it

Trinalong79 step count

Sun 6834
    Mon 7892
    Tue 10923
    Wen 8964
    Thu 4523
    Fri. 11849
    Sat. 16957
    Sun. 10238
    Mon 8164
    Tues 7459
    Wed 9583
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Daily check in early, full day of work and away basketball games tonight so I probably won’t see my house again until 10pm. I’m not playing, my son’s game! Lol! This usually means a stop at McDonald’s, ugh!

Hubby has been to the doctors multiple times, chest X-rays, blood work, 2 courses of antibiotics, prednisone, inhaler, nebulizer...he seems to be coughing a little less today, maybe turning the corner.
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @WishfulThinning18 good luck with your classes. Does your partner not see you trying to read? Sometimes people are a little slow to get the point. My wife and I both LOVE watching “My 600 # Life”. You are correct. It is wonderful motivation to continue this journey. Are you applying to an RN or a BSN program?

She does.. she’s just a really nice person who likes to chat. She tried the other day to watch a show so I could study and she lasted like 10 minutes and she was apologetic.. she just had to share something lol. My normal partner is a mute ( not really) and does his own thing and usually doesn’t say a word unless it’s work related or a call.. he goes hours without speaking. He’s the perfect partner for school lol.

I’m going for my ASN first. It’ll be a huge pay raise working as a nurse then current position ... but I’ll have to get my BSN within 3 years as I work for a Magnet health system currently call taking providing medical pre arrivals and dispatching 911 medical calls for 6 counties that we provide ems service to.

They are actually paying for a lot of my schooling... so I’m contracted to stay with them x amount of years after I’m finished with school. Way I see it though is less student loans AND a job! Lol I don’t plan on going to the competition across town as they are probably going to be closing their doors or being bought out in a year.. it’s shaky ground over there and people are leaving in groups

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Good morning Warriors... sorry for the silence yesterday, my phone app wasn't working for some reason and work was crazy so my day got away from me. I logged my food this morning for yesterday.

Daily Stats
    1203 out of 1450 calories
    Drank 192oz in H2O
    Zumba class last night & Planks (no lunch walk yesterday)
    9550 in steps ( with no lunch walk this desk job junkie did not hit her step goal)

Over all it was a good day. I weigh in daily even though my office weigh is in on Fridays, as of this morning I am down 1.4lbs from last Friday so I will take it. Slow and stead wins the Healthy Lifestyle race B) Have a great day Warriors!!!

Kelly
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I moved my scale back to my regular room that always has a hard surface and it only shows a loss of like 2 lbs this yr when yesterday, I showed a loss of like 9lbs when it was in my bedroom. I did go out last night and ate late so I am going to chuck some of it up to that. I guess we will really see Saturday.
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited January 2019
    Options
    GOOD MORNING WARRIORS ON TAP FOR TODAY FOR THE TEAM WEIGH INS ARE
    @Megnolia82
    @NikMar
    @RunRaineyRun

WE ARE STILL MISSING FROM EARLIER IN THE WEEK
    @Patti705
    @mrsla01

CAN WE PLEASE GET THEM ASAP
    THANKS GREG

I WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU ALL LATER THIS MORNING WITH MY STATUS AS OF TODAY
    I NEED TO LOG FOOD/EXERCISE AND SUCH LATER ON...MARCIE AND THE DOGS NEED ME TO THEM READY FOR THE DAY.....MORE LATER ON
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    MORNING CHECK IN

I had a slight binge yesterday and went over calories, but only 100 over maintenance. I stepped on my scales again this am and was up another 1.5. WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK??? 100 calories does not constitute a 1.5 lb gain. I went back and looked at the last week. I am right at a 3000 cal deficit- so I should have lost 0.75 or so, not gain a total of 5 pounds.

Again- what is different???? I am on a new medication so decided to look up side effects and found this
    buhokjgbtesm.png

And my feet look like Fred Flintstone feet...

My next question - is 5 lbs in 5 days enough to be considered rapid weight gain? Do I call today or wait till Friday to have a full week of data and see if it levels off. I know there are several healthcare professionals on this team - chime in!!!

BTW - I am loving the SPOILER button! Why am I just now using it :-)

New meds always make me bloat, I was prednisone for my bronchitis in October and within 4 days on the stupid stuff I was up 4lbs and by the 10th day I had gained 8lbs. You are not gaining fat weight on maintenance calories. Give it time to do what it needs to do then worry about the rest. right now drink tons of fluids to flush and avoid salty foods. You got this woman!!!

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Morning check in:
    Protein shake for breakfast
    3031 steps as of now
    Meals planned for today
    Stress level: high. - - there were errors in payroll processing thanks to new software. My check was short because my gym came out of this one instead of the second one, but I t as long as they don't take it next time too, it's okay. For some of my coworkers this was a very big deal because their overtime wasn't paid correctly.
This discussion has been closed.