Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1200m Lane swim - 1 Double lane 5 swimmers - at least it was all the regulars so everyone is aware of other swimmers and played nicely when it came to sharing the space.
    The other Dble lane was being used by the Swim Club as they have their swim meet this weekend so the final tune up.

With so many people all you can really do is swim - hard to do any drills with out severly impacting others so 1000m Free and 200m Back mixed in when ever I noticed someone doing a backstroke in front/behind me.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yea! Joined the NY resoluters (well, sort of) by hopping back in for the first time since October. My Dad was suddenly diagnosed with a brain tumour and so I was in and out of the family home during the week which left me no mental space or work/life time for me. Sadly for us (not for him - he didn't want to lose his dignity and linger, plus he was a great man of God), he died on NYE. Funeral isn't for another couple of weeks, but I'm feeling more like my old self now the worst has happened and I'm somewhat back in control. So *only* 30 mins, and purposefully didn't count laps or even push for FC, just did what felt good. Back to the yoga too, speaking of feeling good. Man I love downward dog pose!
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Uh huh
  • juliet3455
    Options
    2100 m Adult swim Club

Warm-up
    100m free, 50k, 50 scull

2x @ 10SecRi
    2x 50m Kick Left leg only
    2x 50m Kick Right Leg
    4x 25m Kick sprint
    2x 100m Free - concentrate on the power of the kick

2x @ 10SecRi
    2x 50m Kick Back with exaggerated roll
    2x 50m Kick Back with Exag Roll & HandShake ( lift arm out of water to ~45 degrees )
    2x 50m Six Kick Switch - 6 Kicks with Exag Roll & Pull
    100m Back - put the pieces all together

100m Easy Cool down choice

@skinnyrev2b Losing a loved one is always hard at any time of year, especially a parent.
    Glad you are able to get some lengths in the pool and enjoy them.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    6km
    No lanes despite website saying there would be and lifeguards saying there would be.
    Much much busier than previous weeks and noone with any awareness of the fact that I was clearly going up and down the wall repeatedly. They just swam at me!!
    Argh
    Not relaxing but I earned my surf and turf later

I feel your pain. I am really enjoying my time at home now with an entire lane to myself 95% of the time.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    5 miles today.
    First set was a fast (for me) 2 miles at 1:05:54 and a 1:51/100yd pace.
    Saved the drill sets for the last 2000yds.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Double dip today.

First swim got to the pool and had forgotten my goggles so ended up a 3000m kick session. Thankfully I had fins!

Second swim with masters except it was only me so had a 1 to 1 session with the coach. 2700m including a nasty set of back end work with only 20s rest so was basically a lactate set.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    1 mile

arm started hurting so I laid off instead of pushing to 2.5km. Growth!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yup, swam. Not nearly so long, fast or varied as you amazing guys, but proud to be there regardless.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Yes. 4 laps. You read that right. Four :blush:
    Hey, it was my lifting day, and then the water cardio class. I had 4 minutes to kill, so I jumped in to get started on warming up... Back for more laps today, I promise.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    3 miles in the morning.
    Another 2000 yards doing drills with my wife in the afternoon. A wonderful day.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    @skinnyrev2b Some days we have lots of variety and drills - other days we just paddle back and forth. Feel free to copy any of the sets we post and try them out.

My pool actually has a Drill set holder on the wall with Laminated sheets showing drills ( arm-body positions ) and a list of drills with 3-4 versions depending on a swimmers experience.
    So I can grab a laminated sheet out of the bin - splash some water on a kick board and stick it to the kick board and leave it sitting at the end of my lane.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    2574m with masters tonight. Stupid 33m pool is doing my head in lol.

800 free

4x 100 kick descending 20s rest

12x 100 free with rest after each as below
    20s 15s 10s 5s 5s 10s 15s 20s 15s 10s 5s

200 warmdown
  • kayak4water
    Options
    Uh huh. With a focus on catch and rotation on freestyle. No idea what backstroke flaws I have, but proud of what I have. :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I made it. 2500y and then the water cardio class. I thought I had a meeting after work today, so I left my swim stuff at home. Meeting is actually next week. Ugh. I think there's time to get home and grab my stuff. It won't be as long a swim before class, but my goal is to get something (hence the 4 lap day on Tuesday!!)
  • kayak4water
    Options
    Yes. A quiet lap pool most evenings out here.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    3km this morning
    damage control for all you can eat restaurant tonight hehe
  • emmab0902
    Options
    1km ocean swim this morning as part of the Hawke's Bay Ocean Swim Series. Then 2500m pool swim after lunch to loosen off.
    8418oq9w7ecj.jpg

• fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles today.
    My wife is a new swimmer. Even 60 year olds can learn to swim. She did her longest swim ever, today. 24 Laps. 2/3 of a mile.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    3200m tonight

200 swim
    200 pull
    200 kick
    200 swim
    200 pull
    200 kick

4x 50 free on 1.00

2x 500 free on 8.00 (7.28 7.19)