WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 3 days strength training a week. Complete 1 - 5K run on treadmill a week. Attend both Zumba and STRONG classes each week. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️💃🏻💪🏻

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days each week. 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Get down and boogie. Put on a good song and dance it out each day. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Week 1:

Sun - 💧❤️
    Mon -
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat-

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

I didnt have the best Sunday. I went over my allowed calories and did not get a workout done at all. I wont beat myself up tho. It's ok to take a rest day. I did get my water in and got a bit of dancing in as well.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 5 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - WaistAways - 0.47%
    2nd - Trimstones - 0.25%
    3rd - Weight No More - 0.20%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - WaistAways - 17.9
    2nd - Trimstones - 14.5
    3rd - Weight No More - 10.6

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @Bear479 - 3.19%
    2nd - @kmfeig87 - 2.59%
    3rd - @Nstephenson01 - 2.48%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Digger61 - 6
    2nd - @Bear479 - 5.7
    3rd - @19shmoo69 - 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@Digger61 @Andreabroadley @anndeemarie
    @AustinRuadhain @jenready
    @19shmoo69 @Mrsbell8well

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 701,932
    2nd - Trimstones - 641,064
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 452,398
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    ilixebsoyq4n.png

JANUARY GRAND FINALE WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - WaistAways - 1.55%
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 1.37%
    3rd - Weight No More - 1.22%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Mission Slimpossibles - 79.8
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 72.8
    3rd - Weight No More - 66.1

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @AustinRuadhain - 7.93%
    2nd - @Trinalong79 - 6.89%
    3rd - @SaraMakingChanges - 6.05%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Navydaddjtc - 14
    2nd - @SaraMakingChanges - 13.8
    3rd - @AustinRuadhain - 13.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@daisytripp @Andreabroadley @pjmfitforme
    @Astrue @Lenka1
    @Navydaddjtc @Ashleigh1178

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 4,162,540
    2nd - Trimstones - 4,054,188
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 3,530,301
  • GettingFitTash
    GettingFitTash Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    GettingFitTash
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 170
    CW: 196.8 😁
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    Motivation Monday ....

If you don't know what an "instant gratification monkey" is (because you haven't already watched this Ted Talk when I first posted it on pg 3) please do so .... then answer the following question inside the spoiler

Inside the mind of a master procrastinator – Tim Urban
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU
    uwylhuzdt2lc.jpg
    bcs2wdqgkqrb.jpg
    Who would YOUR instant gratification monkey run to at the finish line, and what would that person be holding or take over from your Try To Avoid Doing List?

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I also have 2 really bad knees that need to be replaced. I went to the Doctors and they won't Operate until I lose another 55 pounds. I really need to have this surgery done. I am in so much pain that its really hard to move or exercise.

Welcome. The good news is that you already know you can do this!

Question ... do you have a pool available? Before I had tkr, I found that it was a great way to exercise since it puts a lot less stress on my knees. Also, if you Google "exercises before knee surgery" you will find some things you can do sitting that will really help strengthen legs. Anything you can do before surgrey to improve fitness will pay off in spades during rehab.

The surgery, BTW, was the best thing I every did.

• jan110144
    Options
    g434vxi5p6bn.png

CONGRATS TEAM WAIST AWAYS!!!

Not only did we win week 5 % lost AND LBS lost...... but we also won 1st place for % lost for the WHOLE of JANUARY!!!

Yay team!!!
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    STEPS CHALLENGE 👣
    Sunday 2/3: 12,611
  • jan110144
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Greet job ... weight loss and steps! You are off to a good start for Feb!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Is it too late to join? If not I included the info you asked for . If its too late no worries

Username: Matthewsfive
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting weight: 259.2 (on Feb2nd)
    Current Weight: 254.6 ( of Feb9th )

@matthewsfive - this is your new team. i have added you to our spreadsheet.

I am a little confused as feb 9th will be your week 1 weigh in but we are still only feb 3rd today. Is this your goal weight?

While we wait for you to clear this up i will be using 259.2 as your starting weight which should have been taken yesterday Feb. 2.

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Is it too late to join? If not I included the info you asked for . If its too late no worries

Starting weight: 259.2 (on Feb2nd)
    Current Weight: 254.6 ( of Feb9th )

@matthewsfive - this is your new team. i have added you to our spreadsheet.

I am a little confused as feb 9th will be your week 1 weigh in but we are still only feb 3rd today. Is this your goal weight?

While we wait for you to clear this up i will be using 259.2 as your starting weight which should have been taken yesterday Feb. 2.
    @mari-moulin

Sorry for the confusion, I am not sure why I did that either. Here is the correction

PW: 259.2 (on Jan 26)
    CW: 254.6 ( of Feb 2 )

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I am out of town for a funeral without access to a scale. I will weigh on Wednesday when I get back home. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 172.7 01/28/19
    I entered the wrong dates weight before.
    CW: 169.9
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    What a start to WEEK 1 !

We have new members, new acronyms, a full step team, and lots of great chat. I am really inspired.

As to our search for someone to be co-captain, I really love doing the spreadsheets (both weights and stepping, etc.) and generally chiming in, cheering on, and enjoying the group every day. What I would love a co-captain to be able to do are the beautiful posts like @mari_moulin does ( <3 ) and finding thoughtful questions, challenges, and ways to keep the whole team posting and involved if possible. Even someone new could step up and give this a try if you have time - I started as co-captain during my first month, and it has been a blast. Of course, I'm retired and don't have small kids, jobs, and all those other life challenges! That is why I'm happy to keep on the day-to-day stuff like the spreadsheets. Let us know if you're interested to give it a try. If not - no worries, I'll keep bumbling along and you won't get as many pretty pictures. :p

Some other ideas for adding more steps and general motion to your day:
    • Pace or walk up and down stairs while brushing your teeth. Or march in place with high knees if you don't want to go running around the house with toothpaste drippage. Two full minutes!
    • Use your cordless or cell phone and walk the whole time you're talking.
    • Every time you sit down, do it a few times - don't quite touch the chair if you can! Voilà, you are squatting. 5-6 squats every time you aim for a chair - and your day just got better.
    • Dance with your kids! Make them laugh their heads off at your ultra cool moves! Get them to love those tunes!
    Have a fun day.

I send you a PM Did you receive it?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin I am out of town for a funeral without access to a scale. I will weigh on Wednesday when I get back home. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem. Thank you for letting us know. My deepest condolences xx
  • NikkiDT9211
    NikkiDT9211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well!

My first weight in is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous for it. I've actually been on point with everything but I'm retaining water like crazy despite drinking over a gallon a day. Hopefully it will work itself out by tomorrow.

I got my workout done early and boy, did it kicked my butt. I am doing Liift4 and today was leg day 😵. I am now recuperating on my couch with my water dreading standing up lol.

Good luck to everyone with the upcoming week. Let's show it who's boss!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/3 3,413
This discussion has been closed.