WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Successful Sunday – What went really well for you this week? (can be non-MFP too, like “FINALLY got to the bottom of my mending pile!” Anything you feel you should get a round of applause for!) and react to those successes posted by others.

Did you try the 5-habit Weekly Challenge? How did it go (on ANY of the 5 elements you chose)?

Did you successfully ignore the bowl of gumdrops on the secretary's desk?

Did you make some ME time in your schedule and savour some relaxation time? Self-care is a big element of success.

Did you learn about a better strategy that will help you moving forward? (Acknowledging and planning how to apply Lessons Learned is also a success!)

Anything that you did, that you will keep doing to support yourself as you move forward.

You signed in. You are here with us. You are a success!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Ended first week in maintenance.

SW - 134.7
    CW - 134.5

So far so good. Plank challenge is definitely getting harder at 1:15 (3 reps per session). But, I have 18 days left to build it to 2 minutes, so I'm feeling pretty confident I will get there.

Way to go! Those are definitely maintenance numbers. And thumbs up for the planks too!

What does "knowing you are at Mainenance Now" feel like?
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi there, today is my weigh-in day.

Username: treebek
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 210.6
    Todays Weight: 206.2

I'm really happy about the loss but I'm having a hard time getting excited about it. I put on about 18 pounds since just September when I kind of let myself go and didn't watch my calories. Right now I kind of feel like I'm just righting the wrong I did to my body the last few months. Once I get back to 190 and lose from that point, it will feel like real weight loss.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,209 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Tough one to answer this Sunday - successes.

I did the 5-habit challenge and chose the ones I really struggle with. The struggle continues... but I am more aware and have made at least a bit of progress.

On the other hand, I did every workout all week, did not miss a day. Some things are getting too easy and I'll have to up my game! Core feels amazing - which is very important for all the things I enjoy (playing crazy music on my flute, riding my horse, snowshoeing).

Off to clean closets at my daughter's house. The joys of motherhood never end!
  • jugar
    Options
    Make one of your successes getting your steps posted! There are too many blank cells in our spreadsheet!!!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    My own successes:

I am getting better and better at getting out of the house earlier as per my Fitness Goal - which means I have been getting out of bed right away, and leaving the book CLOSED (the hardest part)

5s and 4.5s on my 5-Habit challenge. I had included doing my HIIT session before work ... I gave myself half-points when I didn't do it before work but DID get it done after work.

Lesson Learned .... if I can get the "pre-weigh and pre-pack breakast and lunch" evening routine more rooted, I will be better able to get the 10 minutes of HIIT in before work. I find that knowing I can add those extra calories across the whole day (provided I have earned them first thing) is very motivating. It has also encouraged me to include extra little mandarins into my day.

As of last Tuesday I am not only official "Normal BMI by (Chinese) New Year ... but have STAYED Normal BMI all the rest of the week! So it's seems I have indeed started a new leg if my Sustainable Lifestyle journey.

(Bit of a book here ... or at least a novella .... but I wanted to include a variety of examples and I happened to have a good week. You can always make your own entry smaller .... or a single screenshot of your Past Week Fitbit Summary Stats if you have such a device ... )
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I didn't sign up for the step challenge but if you need more people let me know.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sunday Week 2
    Previous Weight 169.9
    Current Weight 168.7
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    not good at attaching pictures, sorry

I often have this problem too! The picture has to be within certain sizes - sometimes if you right click on photo it gives you a choice to save it in a good format for the internet. If the photo is on your computer it's a lot easier to post it, too. I find it impossible on my phone (android), so I just do pictures on the computer only. Good luck figuring it out - I want to see what you found!

Awesome weight drop this week, by the way B)

@jugar thanks, The photo was on my computer but still couldn't get to post correctly. I will try again. Might have to place a call to my kids to help. LOL
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Ended first week in maintenance.

SW - 134.7
    CW - 134.5

So far so good. Plank challenge is definitely getting harder at 1:15 (3 reps per session). But, I have 18 days left to build it to 2 minutes, so I'm feeling pretty confident I will get there.

Way to go! Those are definitely maintenance numbers. And thumbs up for the planks too!

What does "knowing you are at Mainenance Now" feel like?

@BMcC9 it actually doesn't seem all that different. Obviously, I am very pleased to be here! But, on a day-to-day basis, I still do pretty much the same thing.

Calories - I am very slowly increasing my net calories daily, but eating fundamentally the same way (just a bit more). This particularly true re eating back exercise calories. If I am not close to my target net calories, I add an unplanned snack in the evening.

Exercise - since my fitness goals only partially related to weight loss, this changes only as I continually up the intensity of what I am doing (the number of exercise minutes is generally fairly consistent).

On terms of overall "feeling" ... I truly feel as good as I have ever felt in my life (of course, I'm 74 which means I may gave forgotten how good I felt earlier in my life :smiley: )
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

FEBRUARY WEEK 1 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 95.3 lbs or 0.27% !!

TEAM % LOST[/b]

1st - Waist Aways - 0.52%
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 0.45%
    3rd - Shrinking Assets - 0.44%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Waist Aways - 30.0
    2nd - Shrinking Assets - 28.2
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 26.3

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @Aint2Proud2Meg - 4.17%
    2nd - @Loriab901 - 3.18%
    3rd - @Cyndiesstuff - 2.61%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Aint2Proud2Meg - 7.9
    2nd - @redstickdad - 7.2
    3rd - @Loriab901 - 5.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@Trinalong79 @AmyLFix @GingerPwr
    @Girlfacedolly @Luciicul
    @redstickdad @Aetheldreda

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 688,649
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 603,751
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 572,720

Yay Team!!!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Successful Sunday What went really well for you this week? (can be non-MFP too, like “FINALLY got to the bottom of my mending pile!” Anything you feel you should get a round of applause for!) and react to those successes posted by others.

I know I already mentioned this yesterday when I weighed in but this past week my success was to finally get myself in the 160's. I have been in the 170's since October and it was becoming very frustrating to gain and lose the same 5 lbs over the past few months. Having lost these 2 lbs last week also officially means that I have lost my entire body weight worth in fat. I was carrying around a whole of me only 3 years ago. I still cant believe how far ive come, how long its taken, how hard its been, but how absolutely proud I am to have stuck to it.
    ANOTHER SUCCESS THIS WEEK BELONGS TO US AS A TEAM!!

WE WON 1st PLACE FOR BOTH % AND LBS LOST FOR FEBRUARY WEEK 1!!!!!!

9d7de296eiy6.png

@mari-moulin Way to go, awesome!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️ 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖📖📖📖📖📖

BONUS: Have one bubble bath this week! 🛀🏼

Week 2:

Sun - 💧📖
    Mon -
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

It was a LAZY Sunday. Did quite a bit of eating and had a glass of wine today. I haven’t had wine since New Years day. It was nice to not count calories today. No stress. Had a nice protein packed lunch and skipping dinner as I’m still pretty full from lunch time. No workouts today and got quite a bit of reading done. Tomorrow, my 10 day reset begins. Again lol. Maybe this time I will complete it.
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/4 10,071
    2/9 7,707
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sunday Week 2
    Previous Weight 169.9
    Current Weight 168.7

Well, I continued to lose a bit of weight this week. Basically down 10 pounds this year. I am eating well (although I did indulge in veggie pizza yesterday)..

For a SUCCESSFUL SUNDAY post - My husband bought me an Apple Watch 4 as an early birthday gift yesterday because I am getting gradually back to walking. So far about 8000 steps today, although it doesn't generate exercise minutes at my current pace. But at least I am moving!

It has a meditation reminder on it, which I really like, now I just pause every few hours and BREATHE!

Be well, everyone.
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I did not count steps today... rest day today for me. But I will put on my Fitbit now and get in some steps. Congratulations to everyone on their success. Last week was better for me due to challenges and Hoping to have another good week. Any other challenges going on which we can participate?
  • jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    not good at attaching pictures, sorry

I often have this problem too! The picture has to be within certain sizes - sometimes if you right click on photo it gives you a choice to save it in a good format for the internet. If the photo is on your computer it's a lot easier to post it, too. I find it impossible on my phone (android), so I just do pictures on the computer only. Good luck figuring it out - I want to see what you found!

Awesome weight drop this week, by the way B)

@jugar thanks, The photo was on my computer but still couldn't get to post correctly. I will try again. Might have to place a call to my kids to help. LOL

remind them that you taught them how to use a spoon.
This discussion has been closed.