jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Food Friday...

One of the most helpful 'discoveries' for me was

Dannon Light n Lively Yogurt
    Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
    Chopped Walnuts

How I use this, depends on when and why I am eating it. If it is just a snack, or an add on for a meal that is too light in calories, I just use the yogurt (80 Calories, 8 carbs, 12 Protein), 2 Tbs of whey protein (30 calories, .5 carbs and 6 protein) and 1 Tbs of chopped walnuts (45 calories, 2 carbs, 2 protein, and 9 g of healthy omega 3 fat). (Total 155 calories)

You can easily increase the calories by varying the amount of whey and chopped nuts you are using and you can add fresh fruit. I often have this with sliced strawberries, 3 Tbs of whey and 3 Tbs of nuts for lunch. The balance of protein, carbs and fats means that it provides a lot of sustained energy and can take me from lunch through a busy afternoon to dinner without having any energy crashes.

Additional pluses ... it is very quick to make, easily portable, and easy to keep needed ingredients on hand.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    2/14 steps - 8,130
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    My all purpose, just about every day supper. One skillet. If you like all your food mixed together in one dish, this works really well and you can eat a large volume and feel really satisfied. I start with a very small amount of oil, and brown slices of parsnip, sweet potato, and/or eggplant, depending what's available. Sometimes all 3 (1 parsnip, half a sweet potato, one asian eggplant or part of a regular one). Get them good and brown by ignoring them while chopping other stuff. Then add any vegetables - beans, peppers, broccoli, cabbage, then kale, rapini, whatever looked good that week. Then for protein, I use fish or frozen shrimp, chickpeas or other beans, but you can put in a few oz. of your favourite protein. Throw a cover on for a few minutes and make the sauce of the day. Sometimes grated ginger with soy, mirin, and some hot sauce (whatever you like in a teriaki like taste), sometimes with pesto and lots of herbs, sometimes with tomato and herbs, some parmesan to finish, sometimes with green or yellow curry with coconut milk for an extra rich warming meal, sometimes with a mushroom sauce - you name it. Throw it all together, eat it in a bowl. I don't eat it with grains - the veg is enough. Eat the whole pan.

I LOVE skillet meals and it’s what I’ve been eating for dinner for the last two weeks! I use chicken, mushroom, garlic, onion and green beans. And teriyaki sauce. Oh my gosh, soooo good! I’ve been thinking I need to add some new veggies though. I just cook up a bunch of chicken on Sunday, portion it out in baggies and throw it in the pan with the veggies to warm it up.

I don’t mix up my food choices too much, variety overwhelms me, so when I find something I like, I just eat it over and over.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    Options
    It's SATURDAY!

Steppers - that means you need to get me all your steps by the end of the day. Here is what I have so far, and who needs to be sure those numbers are flowing:

@BMcC9 - Wednesday the 13th is missing somehow. Otherwise all up to date!
    @evangsimmons170 and @GettingFitTash - Monday through Saturday needed by end of today. Thanks!
    @jugar - up to date
    @mari_moulin and @micki48 - from Wednesday on needed.
    @sue_01 - need just Friday and Saturday.
    @Astrue - send me the whole week from Sunday.
    @willrunformartinis and @Kittu125 - from Thursday on needed.

This is looking like a great week! I have @leni1us in reserve if anyone doesn't get their steps in. Thanks everyone!
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get an apple watch to pair with MyFitnessPal and track exercise calories? I can’t figure it out and I’m very frustrated. I have the first gen if that makes a difference. I feel like I’m just not techy enough for an Apple Watch 😞

I miss my Fitbit! It was so easy to just hit the button when I was exercising and it automatically went over to MyFitnessPal. I like having everything in just one place.
  • jugar
    Options
    It's STILL Saturday!

Late weigh-ins:
    @GettingFitTash
    @NikkiDT9211
    @nicole3921
    @TuesdayLucero
    @Bear479

Hopefully you can all catch up, but if you're feeling this is not the group for you or want to change your weigh-in day, or anything else, just let me know. <3
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    matthewsfive
    Week 2 -
    PW: 250.2
    CW: 247.8
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Micki48
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 210
    CW 208.3

Steps 2/15 8,015
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖

BONUS: Have one bubble bath this week! 🛀🏼

Week 2:

Sun - 💧📖
    Mon - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Tue - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Wed - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Thu - 🍎💧📖
    Fri - 🏋🏻‍♀️💧📖
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 7,076
    Mon - 7,660
    Tue - 17,832
    Wed - 11,411
    Thu - 8,806
    Fri - 18,304
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

I'm so sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I didn't have a good week. I really struggled to get all my steps in and workouts in and my food wasn't great. I managed to stay within calorie range most days but what I ate was horrible. I have been feeling down and sorry for myself all week. I hope next week will be better.

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in Week: 2
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 168.9
    Current Weight: 169

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    treebek wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get an apple watch to pair with MyFitnessPal and track exercise calories? I can’t figure it out and I’m very frustrated. I have the first gen if that makes a difference. I feel like I’m just not techy enough for an Apple Watch 😞

I miss my Fitbit! It was so easy to just hit the button when I was exercising and it automatically went over to MyFitnessPal. I like having everything in just one place.

I just got an Apple Watch 4. It is not really very compatible with MFP either. I read some of the questions people posted to MFP about this and essentially the gist of what I read is that MFP is still working on it.

What I do is track my TDEE from Apple Watch and calorie intake in MFP and drop them into a spreadsheet to watch my deficit. It’s a bit inconvenient but I’m not finding it too bad.

Good luck with it.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    The scale called to me this morning and I couldn't resist. I wish I hadn't stepped on that darn scale. A week of staying well within my numbers and the scale showed an increase of 2 pounds. Why do I let that scale get the best if me. I didn't overeat and didn't go out for Valentine. I am hoping that on my official weighing in tomorrow some of that weight will go away. I have gone 1 month with only one weigh in on the scale once a week, why did I give in today???? :s

If it’s any help to you.. I weigh myself every day, drop it into a spreadsheet and just look at the trend rather than the day to day fluctuations..there are many reasons I can fluctuate a pound or even 2 day to day.. I just compare my trending weight on Sunday to my previous Sunday’s trended weight. And as long as the trend is down I’m happy!
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/10 8,129
    2/11 7,885
    2/12 10,526
    2/13 11,262
    2/14 8,988
    2/15 12,907
  • NikkiDT9211
    NikkiDT9211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @jugar I weighed in on the 12th. My next one will be Feb 19th.

Here's what I put on the 12th just in case

Weigh In
    Week 2
    Nikkidt9211
    Tuesdays
    Previous Week 204.6
    Current Weight 203.8
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    It's SATURDAY!

Steppers - that means you need to get me all your steps by the end of the day. Here is what I have so far, and who needs to be sure those numbers are flowing:

@BMcC9 - Wednesday the 13th is missing somehow. Otherwise all up to date!
    @evangsimmons170 and @GettingFitTash - Monday through Saturday needed by end of today. Thanks!
    @jugar - up to date
    @mari_moulin and @micki48 - from Wednesday on needed.
    @sue_01 - need just Friday and Saturday.
    @Astrue - send me the whole week from Sunday.
    @willrunformartinis and @Kittu125 - from Thursday on needed.

This is looking like a great week! I have @leni1us in reserve if anyone doesn't get their steps in. Thanks everyone!

Username - evangsimmons170

02/11/19                 6,373 
    02/12/19                 5,392 
    02/13/19                 9,001 
    02/14/19                 7,291 
    02/15/19                 6,237 

I'll log back in later with today's steps. I've already walked 3.5 miles this morning (on purpose!), but I'm not done! What time is "the end of the day?" I'm in Central Time here. Thanks @jugar for all you do for us. :smile:
  • jugar
    Options

Username - evangsimmons170

02/11/19                 6,373 
    02/12/19                 5,392 
    02/13/19                 9,001 
    02/14/19                 7,291 
    02/15/19                 6,237 

I'll log back in later with today's steps. I've already walked 3.5 miles this morning (on purpose!), but I'm not done! What time is "the end of the day?" I'm in Central Time here. Thanks @jugar for all you do for us. :smile:

Fantastic! Thanks for the update. For today's steps as long as I have them by tomorrow morning (by 8 am Eastern), all is well. and thanks for the thanks! I really enjoy keeping track of all of you :wink:
  • jugar
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @jugar I weighed in on the 12th. My next one will be Feb 19th.

Here's what I put on the 12th just in case

Weigh In
    Week 2
    Nikkidt9211
    Tuesdays
    Previous Week 204.6
    Current Weight 203.8

Wonderful - thanks for re-posting. Sometimes the pages refresh in odd ways and I think I have seen everything but have missed one. I always click the "insightful" button when I enter your stats, so if that does not happen you know I have not seen it.

Good one this week!
  • jugar
    Options
    FISH FOR DINNER TONIGHT!!!
    amz5jpsuv4u9.png
This discussion has been closed.