Jennifer's Journal

Options

Replies

• jcaldwell0331
    jcaldwell0331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    100 oz of water in the books!!! Also got 7836 steps. Doing good. Let’s see if I can keep it up!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    You can! I believe in you!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Thanks! I'm definitely trying to be more mindful about it.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You're basically half fish now!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @megbeveridge93 Well if it doesn’t stop raining, I might need to use the fish half of me! lol
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Well, so far I'm doing pretty well. I started logging again and haven't gone over my calories the past couple days. I'm still pushing the water and getting between 48 - 84 oz of water per day. My steps are doing pretty good. I'm still averaging around 6000 steps per day.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Today I managed to get about 9 oz of water. Whoops! I’ll try again tomorrow!!
  • megbeveridge93
    Options
    That Yeti tumbler wants to work more! Fill it up and drink it up! Good job with your steps and good luck with the water :)
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Well, I've done better on water today but I had a moment of weakness and started some serious grazing. I've snacked way too much today. I need to buy some more snacks that are healthy and that I want to eat. I have every intention of eating those baby carrots or that cucumber but then I gravitate to the sugary unhealthy stuff. I had a small lunch (to try and make up for my dinner) and I knew it was going to back fire on me but said "I can do this!" Well, apparently I can't "do this" hahaha!!! I will do better tomorrow. I'll have more distractions since its the weekend and Chris will be home all day. I can't dwell on what I've already put into my body. I gotta keep moving on. I can do so much better. I can do this! Time to really focus on fixing the parts of my diet that I know are not healthy.

0bqofbyxkn0q.jpeg
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Wow, I didn't expect that image to be that big. :D:D
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like having a favorite dressing around for carrot and cucumber snacking...my favorite is bleu cheese, but I think ranch is more traditional.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Or vegetarian 7 layer dip...so yum...and healthy if eaten with veggies...
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @tcunbeliever my favorite dressings are balsamic vinaigrette and raspberry vinaigrette. So good! I’ll have to look into that vegetarian 7 layer dip, though! Thanks!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I make mine with refried beans, black beans, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, tomatoes, and black olives...if I can find good avocados I will sometimes throw guacamole in there too between the salsa and sour cream.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @tcunbeliever Awesome! Thanks!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Well, I’ve slacked back on my water and increased on my food intake. Very much opposite of what I need to do. I got busy and forgot my water one day, drank a little the next and then I found myself in the same position as before. I also haven’t been logging. Mainly due to discouragement. I’m constantly going over my carbs and fat every day. So, I am starting over. Tomorrow is day 1 again. I’ll log, drink more water and try to limit my carbs. So, I guess, here’s goes nothing......

I’m tired of being overweight and feeling unattractive. I give myself the stink eye just about every time I see myself in the mirror. Haha
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I try to do an exchange system when it comes to food choices, it's one of the ways I use to keep my carbs in line. I like and do best with a moderate carb intake so around 150 grams (give or take depending on calorie goal since I have it set to something different but it lands at about 40% of my calories) so if I have cereal for breakfast I won't have bread later, if I have bread at lunch, I won't have bread at dinner or sometimes I'll just skip bread all together but you get the point and bread is just an example to make my point. Obviously it takes some tweaking based on the plan and what suits you best but I try to focus more on hitting my protein and fat goals (I use the targets given by MFP as minimums) and carbs usually fall in line with what I want when I do that. Of course if I overeat it all goes out the window but let's not talk about that. haha. =P

*holds up sign in the cheering section* You can do this!!
  • megbeveridge93
    Options
    I do something similar to Kayla with carbs as well! I've limited myself to one serving of grains a day. The rest of my carbs have to come from fruits, vegetables, and starches. It seriously limits how much you consume. I also find that tracking sugar drastically reduces your carb intake because there are sugars in everything and a lot of them are added. If you start reading more labels, you'll see that there are a lot of unnecessary carbs in what you eat. I think drinking more water will help too! Water fills you up, especially if there are grains in your system. It causes grains to swell and take up more space in your stomach so you feel more full. Good luck!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Ideally that's what I would do, but lately its just been grazing through the house on anything and everything edible. lol I truly believe its boredom and I need to break that cycle or go find me something better to do with my time. haha Thanks for the cheering section! :smiley:

@megbeveridge93 fruits and vegetables? What are those? haha Actually I do eat them, usually more vegetables than fruit, but yes, my sugar addiction is very active. lol I do need need to start getting my sugars in check for sure. Yes, I'm trying to get back to drinking lots of water. I slacked off for a few days and now its hit or miss if I get a lot of water or not. Thanks!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @jcaldwell0331 Well what is something you like to do that would keep both your mind and hands busy? That's probably your best bet. You're welcome! *more cheers* haha.