February 2019 The Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• doremi95000
    doremi95000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there that is diabetic and does not need to lose weight but did manage to get the blood sugar levels down, especially in the morning. I refused taking Metformin since there are too many side effects.
  • reitanokm
    reitanokm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Would love to join your group. I'm on a mission to lose 30 pounds by July by sticking to a Keto lifestyle.

SW 166.8
    CW 166.8
    (1st GW by 04/28/19) 156
    (2nd GW by 07/11/19) 137
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    January SW 165.8

Sunday 1/27: 160.8

Sunday 02/03: 160.0 (-0.8)
    Sunday 02/10: 160.8
    Sunday 02/17: no scale access
    Sunday 02/24:

I haven't had access to a scale since Saturday, but I doubt I've broken through my plateau. I went to a friend's wedding shower where I drank wine and ate more carbs than usual (maybe 50-60 for the day). I have been getting more exercise and am really trying to do 16:8 IF whenever possible. Hopefully the rest of this week is better.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 Would you be willing to add my numbers for this month?
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

Done!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

Done!

Awesome! Thank you. I downloaded the app and still get the same notice.
  • mrsskinny629
    mrsskinny629 Posts: 96 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    being back in ketosis since Monday morning is making me rock this WL this week! The scale showed -2.6 since Monday. I hope I don't ruin it this weekend! If it sticks, I'll meet my February goal and pass my 20 lb mark within 8 weeks! <3
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Hi friends. I did not disappear completely but I may as well have. I have not weighed in for February yet. I will tomorrow morning. I know am either the at the same weight or I have gained. Overall, I feel horrible because I have not been taking care of myself. Of course, there are all kinds of 'valid' reasons why - but excuses don't help!

Raising teenagers is no joke. We have a great kids and a wonderful family life - but man, is it HARD. I have to keep reminding myself that there are people out there dealing with far worse than I am and in the grand scheme of things I have it good! We had 3 kids with strep throat over the past few weeks which has meant chaos for my work and home schedule. Now that everyone is healthy, I'm hoping to resume some sort of routine.

Last year I lost 25 lbs and was so excited about being close to my goal. That may not sound like much, but for my height/frame it was. I have gained back way too much and apart from that, I just don't feel good physically or mentally which is just as difficult, if not more.

I need to feel good again - so here I am...again! Glad to see the 'regulars' and so many new people. It was nice reading through some of the posts and catching up a bit.

My macros are planned out for the day and so far I'm on track. Hope to keep seeing you all again daily.

You just wrote my story. I am married with two teenagers and I work full time. I lost 25 this time last year only to gain it all back +2lbs.

I re-started in October and just hit the 21lbs lost mark this week. I was really inflamed and had a lot of internal healing to do so I didn’t see weight loss right away but I’m finally there and hoping to lose another 30-40 by summer.

So... welcome back! Let’s get’er done!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Finished this month with a net 2.2 loss. Not much for a whole month, but not bad considering I haven’t logged any food this entire month. I’m trying to eat intuitively without being slaved to my food log. So, maintaining or losing at a slow rate is a victory. After over 415 days of keto, I think I’ve arrived at a point where I can do this without measuring. planning, obsessing and marathon prepping. Keto has become a sustainable Way Of Existing (WOE) for me.

That said tomorrow I go on vacation to a land far away from snowy, cold eastern Washington state. I’m going to Arizona to see some spring training baseball and visit some friends and relatives. This will be a test on my relatively new WOE. I will be away from my Tanita scale, only be able to do quick check-ins here on MFP and not in full control of my diet. In my comfortable Washington state world, I do 95% of the cooking, planning, shopping. In Tucson, I will be at the mercy of my NON-keto friends and relatives.

So, I guess I’m already making excuses for next months anticipated results. Regardless, keto is now my WOE. For the next two weeks it will be more keto-ish than keto. However, I do anticipate some Non-scale Victories even though vacation will intrude on my WOE. I know I will have more energy, less pain, and better mood because of keto . I will duck in to MFP to keep my string going, but I’m not sure I be present on this forum for a couple of weeks.
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    January SW 165.8

Sunday 02/24: 165.0

That is not what I wanted or expected to see. Just gotta keep on keepin' on. :neutral:
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    We went to Miami to visit family and after day two I went off the rails. It wasn't even the eating out, it was my mother in-law who stocked the kitchen with bagels, croissants, cookies, etc... I'm not going to weigh in today because I don't want to know - though I kind of I already know. No worries, I'll get back on track... I already am. See you next week! I see some amazing results on here - congratulations!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    02/03. didn't weigh (away)
    02/10. 161.2. (same as last weight in)
    02/17
    02/24 162.6
    02/28 to finish the month

Now that may be a gain on paper but actually I've been soooooo far off my game this last age that I went up to 166 just a week ago, fortunately I was away so didn't post my weight! Anyhow some how or another and I've no idea how, my head seems to be back in the correct place to start Keto again and I did start on Tuesday For the first time in months and months, I seem to be able to stick to it and not sabotage myself by being great all day and then eating chocolate all night and let me tell you I don't even like chocolate that much and yet I've eaten a ton of it!

So despite it being my birthday tomorrow and the fact I will drink fizz and cocktails by Tuesday I'm expecting/hoping to be getting back to it.

Just about to post the March Challenge by the way, so no peace for all you lot! :D We will continue the journey with the ups and the downs and the ups and the downs again!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    We went to Miami to visit family and after day two I went off the rails. It wasn't even the eating out, it was my mother in-law who stocked the kitchen with bagels, croissants, cookies, etc... I'm not going to weigh in today because I don't want to know - though I kind of I already know. No worries, I'll get back on track... I already am. See you next week! I see some amazing results on here - congratulations!

<3<3
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I started Dec 19, 2018 and have committed to a year of keto and tracking.

SW: 202.6
    CW: 184.0
    GW: 145

I don't have a February weight goal.
    Hit or below my calories, follow my macro. measure and weigh.

Fri: 2/1 188.4
    Sun: 2/3 187.8
    Sun: 2/10 188.0 (weight is doing it's yo yo thing)
    Sun: 2/17 187.0
    Sun: 2/24 184.0
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday tomorrow @chinatowninchina !
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    d_dc_lady wrote: »
    January SW 165.8

Sunday 02/24: 165.0

That is not what I wanted or expected to see. Just gotta keep on keepin' on. :neutral:

...it happens to the best of us...