INSPIRATION FOR TODAY:

98e820itvj4e.jpg

Have a blessed day! <3
    Regards,
    Glorious Gloria
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimson Team Members! My name is Amy @Gadgetgirl259. I'm 54 years old. I am a returning member to MFP. I am new to these challenges with that said I love challenges to keep me motivated. I need this group for accountability. I have been on this roller coaster of weight loss since my 20's. This has to stop! I'm a pretty active person, I love being outdoors. I mostly eat whole foods, my nemesis is portion control. I have started weighing portions and logging everything again. I have excepted that is a tool I maybe be using for the rest of my life. I am looking forward to this challenge. Thank you Ashley and Gloria for organizing!

Current weight: 202
    Height: 5'5"
    Goal weight: 150
    Goal loss for March: 10 lbs
  • craigbennettis
    craigbennettis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok went off the rails the last 3 days of Feb. Starting March weight is 247.5
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Ok went off the rails the last 3 days of Feb. Starting March weight is 247.5

That's okay, we take this one day at a time and staying positive; understanding that we still have another chance to make right. I am ROOTING for YOU so I know you can do this, just PACE YOURSELF and set mini goals for yourself.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hello Slimson Team Members! My name is Amy @Gadgetgirl259. I'm 54 years old. I am a returning member to MFP. I am new to these challenges with that said I love challenges to keep me motivated. I need this group for accountability. I have been on this roller coaster of weight loss since my 20's. This has to stop! I'm a pretty active person, I love being outdoors. I mostly eat whole foods, my nemesis is portion control. I have started weighing portions and logging everything again. I have excepted that is a tool I maybe be using for the rest of my life. I am looking forward to this challenge. Thank you Ashley and Gloria for organizing!

Current weight: 202
    Height: 5'5"
    Goal weight: 150
    Goal loss for March: 10 lbs

Welcome Amy, in this group you can't help but to be accountable and motivated so I am glad you decided to give this Challenge a chance. I have faith with your will power that you will reach your goals as well.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM SLIMSONS!

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP:
    L O V E Y O U R B O D Y!

8qt1qv0jz0jj.jpg

Have a blessed day! 💃🏾❤
    Regards,
    Glorious Gloria
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in:
    Username: CourtneyLomonaco
    PW: 152
    CW: 153.4

Boo!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)
    Track: no
    Calories: ?
    Exercise: 25 minutes elliptical
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    zaraizzy wrote: »
    Hello!! My name is Karla @zaraizzy and I'm new to Slimson! And MFP.

I'm not new to weight loss. Been plateaued for about a year at my current weight, because of physical health and personal problems About a week ago, I decided to join mfp, because I can no longer do it by myself. My heaviest weight was 400 lbs and I'm currently at 297 lbs (103 lb loss). Surprised and thankful that I didn't gain the weight back. But to be honest the way I was eating, I should have gained it all back and them some. Really looking forward to this challenge and all that it entails.

Height: 6'0
    Current weight: 297 lbs
    Challenge Goal weight loss: 10 lbs
    Remaining weight to lose: 117 llbs
    Utimate goal: 180

@zaraizzy Congratulations on the loss so far!! That’s amazing!
    You’re in the right place! I’ve been on and off MFP over the years but joining this challenge has been an amazing boost in my motivation! I hope it will be for you too!!
  • amanikins11
    amanikins11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am pretty new to MFP and have been using it for the past two weeks and have already dropped about 5 pounds whoo! I am looking to lose at least 4-5 pounds this month, and if I lose more great!

I am 24 and am a PhD student training to be a psychologist. So between seeing clients, teaching classes, being a student and research it's been a challenge for me to find time to prep food and exercise.

As of today I weight 182.4 and am 5'4 :)

Can't wait to start!

Happy March!

• BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Gena @genajonas and I am new to Team Slimson.

I have used MFP off and on for the past few years. I am 55 years old and have had a weight issue since 1999 when I had my daughter ( youngest of 3). I never had a weight issue before that, in fact, I had to eat constantly just to maintain my weight. I have been or should I say was always on the slim side so now that I need to limit what and how often I eat it is hard for me. My goal is to be able to compete in women's bodybuilding in the next two years so I need to lose fat and gain muscle. My current weight is 216.2 lbs as of this Wednesday. I need to drop 66 lbs of fat and gain 30 lbs of muscle. I workout with a personal trainer 5 days a week (looking to up it to at least 6 days or start doubles), my step goal is 20,000 steps a day looking to push it to 35,000. I am not new to this, life got in the way on my first two attempts but that is ok as it resulted in adding two beautiful children to my family so it was well worth it. Now it is mommy time!!!! Never to late to look sexy so I am going for the gold!!!!

Height : 5'7"
    Current weight: 216.2
    Challenge goal: 10 lbs
    Remaining weight to lose: 66lbs of fat
    Remaining weight to gain: 30 lbs of muscle (all natural)
    Goal weight: 180 lbs (Lean)
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Options
    Daily Post
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Treadmill 30mins, Bowflex Max Trainer 14 min. program
    🤗
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brittany and this is my 6th month doing BLC (half a year, whoot whoot!). I'm a 5 ft even, 31 yo wife, mom of two young boys, and weight training is my exercise of choice with a recent love for sprinting (a quick and great fat burning exercise). My goals are:

-Workout at least 3 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 60 oz of water
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.

Lent starts Wednesday, so I am really recentering and focusing on what I want to accomplish spiritually, physically and mentally.

Happy March team!☘️

CW: 135 lbs.
    GW for March: 130 lbs.
    Challenge goal of pound loss: 5 lbs.
    Overall GW: 115 lbs.
    Overall goal of pound loss: 20 lbs.
  • cdc318
    cdc318 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Christi @cdc318 here. This is my first challenge and so excited to get started. I’ve been type 2 diabetic for a while and decided I’m tired of taking medication to control what my out of control eating was doing to my body. I’ve always been over weight but decided it’s way beyond time for a real change.

I want to
    - log my food daily
    - Stay under my calories
    - Exercise daily

CW: 260 lbs.
    GW for March: 250 lbs.
    Challenge goal of pound loss: 10lbs.
    Overall GW: 175 lbs.
    Overall goal of pound loss: 80 lbs.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Welcome to all the new and returning members. My name is Vicky. I’m 44, married with 2 teenage boys. I work PT helping my husband with his business. This will be my third months with this group. My preferred choice for exercise is jogging/running. I’ve been borderline high cholesterol for about 8 years now. Just recently I really started watching my carb intake and try to stay under 100 gms for the day. With this boderline high cholesterol I’ve been struggling to figure out what’s best for me diet wise. But I’m going to a nutritionist this week to get advice on what’s better for me.
    Goals for this month:
    Lose 6 pounds
    Continue exercising 5-7 x week.
    Track every day
    Add more water.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes- dug up a stone patio in the backyard (at least 45 min)
  • zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Hello, new member! My name is Karla! 56 years old this month.

Month stats and goals

SW:. 297 lbs
    CW: 297 lbs
    Lose 10 lbs for March 287 lbs
    Total weight still to lose:. 117 lbs

Daily check-in:

Track: yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (walked for 10 minutes 3 times today = 30 minutes)
    Water intake: 72 oz
  • cdc318
    cdc318 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 45 minute walk.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 👋😊 My name is Nancy... I'm so happy to be rejoining the SLIMSONS again this month!💪🏻😅💦 (been here since August). I lost over 26lbs. since then with this awesome, motivational team!

A little about me...

Started my journey in January 2015 at 240lbs.(I'm 5' 8"). I lost 80 lbs. in 8 months and then reached my goal weight by June of 2016, a total of 90 lbs. after joining the gym and starting group x/spinning classes.

I had regained a bit in 2017-2018 after being sidelined by injury (my back September 2017 and leg in February of 2018). Finally able to get back to the gym after 10 months of recovery last August.

I'm just arriving back from vacation and my weight is most certainly up a lot after a week of eating and drinking (all-inclusive) island foods (and rum 🥥🥃🍹🍸🍷🥂🍾drinks 🤪😜😋)--

- I'll be posting my starting weight in the morning and weighing in on Fridays from then on.

Goals for March:

🔹 Get back on track with IF this month, IF 4/3 (Sun/Tues/Thurs.) to detox this week
    🔹 Drink at least 100 oz. water each day
    🔹 Resume my workout schedule
    🔹 Lower carbs to 50g or less on cardio days and 100g or less on weight training days

I won't allow the number on the scale to upset me tomorrow morning--- it's part of the journey and it'll be my challenge to get back down to the weight I was pre-vacation.

WE GOT THIS MY FRIENDS!🤘🏻😉💫 GOoooooO SLIMSONS!💪🏻😅💦
  • Gadgetgirl259
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes 15 min brisk walk on treadmill, 20 min jog on treadmill, 3 min plank
This discussion has been closed.