TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimson Team Members! My name is Amy @Gadgetgirl259. I'm 54 years old. I am a returning member to MFP. I am new to these challenges with that said I love challenges to keep me motivated. I need this group for accountability. I have been on this roller coaster of weight loss since my 20's. This has to stop! I'm a pretty active person, I love being outdoors. I mostly eat whole foods, my nemesis is portion control. I have started weighing portions and logging everything again. I have excepted that is a tool I maybe be using for the rest of my life. I am looking forward to this challenge. Thank you Ashley and Gloria for organizing!

@Gadgetgirl259 Hi Amy, Welcome! Portion control is definitely something I struggle with. When I eat, I want to eat it all. I think it does get a bit easier over time though, you've already taken the first steps, you got this!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am pretty new to MFP and have been using it for the past two weeks and have already dropped about 5 pounds whoo! I am looking to lose at least 4-5 pounds this month, and if I lose more great!

I am 24 and am a PhD student training to be a psychologist. So between seeing clients, teaching classes, being a student and research it's been a challenge for me to find time to prep food and exercise.

As of today I weight 182.4 and am 5'4 :)

Can't wait to start!

Happy March!

@amanikins11 Great start!! I think that finding your routine is most of the battle, and I know how tough it is, but you CAN do it!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Gena @genajonas and I am new to Team Slimson.

I have used MFP off and on for the past few years. I am 55 years old and have had a weight issue since 1999 when I had my daughter ( youngest of 3). I never had a weight issue before that, in fact, I had to eat constantly just to maintain my weight. I have been or should I say was always on the slim side so now that I need to limit what and how often I eat it is hard for me. My goal is to be able to compete in women's bodybuilding in the next two years so I need to lose fat and gain muscle. My current weight is 216.2 lbs as of this Wednesday. I need to drop 66 lbs of fat and gain 30 lbs of muscle. I workout with a personal trainer 5 days a week (looking to up it to at least 6 days or start doubles), my step goal is 20,000 steps a day looking to push it to 35,000. I am not new to this, life got in the way on my first two attempts but that is ok as it resulted in adding two beautiful children to my family so it was well worth it. Now it is mommy time!!!! Never to late to look sexy so I am going for the gold!!!!
    @genajonas Hi Gena! That is an exciting goal! I think having a goal like that helps to keep you motivated over time. Welcome to the group!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Brittany and this is my 6th month doing BLC (half a year, whoot whoot!). I'm a 5 ft even, 31 yo wife, mom of two young boys, and weight training is my exercise of choice with a recent love for sprinting (a quick and great fat burning exercise). My goals are:

-Workout at least 3 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 60 oz of water
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.

Lent starts Wednesday, so I am really recentering and focusing on what I want to accomplish spiritually, physically and mentally.

@Bm00re2u Welcome back Brit! It's always good sometimes to take a step back and re-focus, weight training is a great way to re-shape your body. Great goals, you got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    cdc318 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Christi @cdc318 here. This is my first challenge and so excited to get started. I’ve been type 2 diabetic for a while and decided I’m tired of taking medication to control what my out of control eating was doing to my body. I’ve always been over weight but decided it’s way beyond time for a real change.

I want to
    - log my food daily
    - Stay under my calories
    - Exercise daily

@cdc318 Hi Christi! Welcome! Diabetes is tough, but you've made the first steps in getting off your medication and taking control of your life back. Great goals, you got this!
  • AB0215
    edited March 2019
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Hi all! My name is Missy and I’m a returning member of BLC. I live with my SO and our 4 dogs. I enjoy going to Zumba, the gym, walking, hiking, and biking. I hit a road block the last few months and slowly getting myself back to where I was before. Looking forward to a productive and successful month! Feel free to friend me but please mention that your from Team Slimsons.

Track everyday, work out 4 out of 7 days a week, stay at or under 1500 calories a day, and stay positive.

@gemwolf110 Welcome back Missy! You got this, take it one day at at time!!
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Welcome to all the new and returning members. My name is Vicky. I’m 44, married with 2 teenage boys. I work PT helping my husband with his business. This will be my third months with this group. My preferred choice for exercise is jogging/running. I’ve been borderline high cholesterol for about 8 years now. Just recently I really started watching my carb intake and try to stay under 100 gms for the day. With this boderline high cholesterol I’ve been struggling to figure out what’s best for me diet wise. But I’m going to a nutritionist this week to get advice on what’s better for me.
    Goals for this month:
    Lose 6 pounds
    Continue exercising 5-7 x week.
    Track every day
    Add more water.
    @vicky2767 Welcome back Vicky!! The cholesterol debate is real right now. Studies recently have shown that what's been recommended for years isn't really fixing the issue. Low fat, low saturated fat, etc, doesn't seem to help cholesterol. And also there is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, and hopefully you've had it tested and broken out like that because it does matter. Good luck with the nutritionist. Hopefully they can help!
    Love your goals! You got this!

• AB0215
    edited March 2019
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Hi all! 👋😊 My name is Nancy... I'm so happy to be rejoining the SLIMSONS again this month!💪🏻😅💦 (been here since August). I lost over 26lbs. since then with this awesome, motivational team!

A little about me...

Started my journey in January 2015 at 240lbs.(I'm 5' 8"). I lost 80 lbs. in 8 months and then reached my goal weight by June of 2016, a total of 90 lbs. after joining the gym and starting group x/spinning classes.

I'm just arriving back from vacation and my weight is most certainly up a lot after a week of eating and drinking (all-inclusive) island foods (and rum 🥥🥃🍹🍸🍷🥂🍾drinks 🤪😜😋)--

Goals for March:

🔹 Get back on track with IF this month, IF 4/3 (Sun/Tues/Thurs.) to detox this week
    🔹 Drink at least 100 oz. water each day
    🔹 Resume my workout schedule
    🔹 Lower carbs to 50g or less on cardio days and 100g or less on weight training days

@SLIMn2016 We;come back Nancy! Hope your vacay was great, glad to have you back and glad that you got a reset and a chance to re-focus on your goals and rest your mind/body.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi team! I am back. February was a hard month for me. I feel like my eating has been out of control since Valentine's Day. I will really try hard to reign it in this coming month.
    I will be 41 on Monday, have 3 kids, and a husband who can lose weight at the drop of a hat.
    I am determined to be in the best shape of my life before I turn 42.

@CourtneyLomonaco Welcome back and glad to see that you're taking the time to re-focus on your goals. It's sometimes really helpful to think about why you wanted to do this in the first place and it WILL be worth all of it when you get there.
    Hi! I’ve been part of this challenge since December. I’m a slow loser, it’s taken me since August to lose 20lbs, but this group has been super supportive and motivating!

Lately, I’ve been feeling like I’m a few steps behind in every aspect of my life. Hoping that in March I’ll be able to catch up. Good luck everyone and hope you all have a great month!!

@Beckymomof3girls Not to sound cliche but "Slow and steady wins the race." And myself, I tend to go through spurts where I lose a lot and then spurts where I lose nothing so, sometimes I think I'd just rather see consistent losses, even if they were small, but that's not how it works for me. But you're still here and still working on your goals, you WILL get there!
    Hello, I'm Cindy. I'm 56 years old and I have been overweight on and off most of my adult life. I've been in this group since November. I've lost 52 lbs since I joined MFP in October. I still have quite a ways to go....but I'm getting there. I currently work with a weight loss physician to help me set my calorie and weight loss goals.

One of my goals this month is to get in 7000 steps every day when I am at work (Monday through Thursday). On Saturday and Sunday I will ride my exercise bike at least an hour each day. Friday is my day off from everything exercise related (except for my weekly shopping trip). I was trying to walk at work AND ride my bike an hour after work every day and that just didn't work for me. I was getting too run down and tired. I've cut that down a bit. I plan to talk to my Dr. about it tomorrow.

A second goal I am going to continue working on is keeping my net carbs under 100 per day and my protein over 100. The carb part is tough for me.

Finally, I want to get out of the morbidly obese BMI range once and for all!! I'm almost there. That is my big goal for March.

@CindyJNC1963 Welcome back! You've made some really amazing and positive changes and you continue to do really well! You will hit that BMI goal in no time!!!
  • inmylife1979
    inmylife1979 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Username: Inmylife1979
    Week: March Week 1
    PW: 304
    CW: 303.6
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Happy Monday Team!!

Today has been a bit of a catch up for me. I have been pretty busy this weekend, which is usually not the case. And car trouble (which shouldn't be happening with a new car) just set me behind. My husband wanted to get some new office furniture and re-do his office area (which is conveniently located next to my home gym) so I did heavy squats yesterday while helping him to put together and move his furniture. I still have to go clean up from that and finish putting everything back together after re-arranging things, you know, moving things around always gets worse before it gets better.

Trying this morning to get back into normal routine and back to the grind, but it's been tougher these last couple weeks and I'm trying to use March as a period of reset and re-focus so I can get to my goal weight, finally!!!

Welcome to March, let's crush it!!

you can do it have a great March
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Nil
    water over
    Goal today lots of walking I have two doctors appointments today watch my carbs
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS!
    WE MADE IT TO DAY 2

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP:
    IMPORTANCE OF DRINKING WATER

I know this is a repeat but it bears reminding

3546slqzxd38.jpg

As you may see keeping your body hydrated is not only good for your fat loss but it's food for your body all around.

My Challenge to you is to add more water to your daily intake (only if you're not at your maximum)

Have a blessed day.

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No

Sunday is my rest day so I can prep everything with my husband for the work/school week, so I usually don't workout or just take a short walk.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS!
    WE MADE IT TO DAY 2

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP:
    IMPORTANCE OF DRINKING WATER

I know this is a repeat but it bears reminding

3546slqzxd38.jpg

As you may see keeping your body hydrated is not only good for your fat loss but it's food for your body all around.

My Challenge to you is to add more water to your daily intake (only if you're not at your maximum)

Have a blessed day.

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria

Challenge accepted! 💦 Thank you for the post Gloria!
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259
    Week: March Week 1 (Monday)
    PW: 202.4
    CW: 200.8
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: March 3rd

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 4600 steps walking

I was having some stomach issues late in the day so I wasn't able to get in my workout on the bike. I did go shopping early in the day so that helped make up for it.

I tried kale chips today .....they were so gross...what a waste of money.

I tried kale tons of different ways and think it’s always absolutely disgusting!!

Eta: hopefully your stomach is feeling better today
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

Week #1

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 221.8
    CW: 220.1

For the last ten days I have been gaining and losing the same 1 pound. Hopefully I get rid of it this week for good. :)

159369843.png
  • NuggetBrain
    NuggetBrain Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Username: NuggetBrain
    Week: March Week 1 (Monday)
    PW: 264.2
    CW: 264.2
This discussion has been closed.