WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    We have several options for comments per day .... sooooo for TH---- Thursdays ...... pick one of the following:
    • Thrilling Thursday - what thrills you? what has been really exciting this week, no matter how small?
    • Threat Thursday - what is a threat to your getting fit or eating well? what's your plan?
    • Thrifty Thursday - tips to save a few $$
    • (Heart)throb Thursday - tell us about someone you love. Someone in your family, a friend, a role model, an imaginary person - the sky is the limit.
    • Throwaway Thursday - what are you getting rid of?

Also, respond or comment on what others have posted.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    THankful Thursday - I have so many things in my for which to be thankful. Today I feel thankful for my health. At a time when so many of my peers struggle with a variety of physical (and mental) issues I have been blessed with none that are worth talking about. I try to "live my gratitude" by taking care of this wonderful gift.

I am also thankful for this community which helps me to stay mindful of how I take care of what has been given to me
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Thurs

PW- 222.4
    CW- 223.6

Steps:
    3 March- 3,112
    4 March- 12,147
    5 March- 7,808
    6 March- 10,026

Reflections:
    I had a bad week as I was struggling with overeating because my sister was in labour and I was concerned about her and my nephew.

I have to drink more water as I have been drinking more than a litre every day but now I am trying for two litres.

I am preparing to start a new Zumba workout and fat burning aerobics.

Unfortunately, I am upset about this weight gain. I will work harder.

Thank you for the help, advice and support I have received from everyone here!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    My difficulties are with portion control and control in general. I'm exercising, eating healthy, getting to sleep early, but ie eating ice cream at work and all the pastries sent over by my neighbor. (I try to avoid sugar) My mind thinks one thing at the start of the day and my hand reaches out and I eat it.

WHY/WHO Here's some: A bunch of health reasons, most recent a hip replacement at Thanksgiving, and wt loss would help out the other, now painful side. My daughter has gained the last couple years and I want her to see me change for the better. My eldest son (out of state) is getting married in Oct, so the ex & his wife will be there & I want to look great.

You have some great reasons - your health, your daughter's health, and a happy event. Wow. But I know what you mean about the hand being faster than the brain. Or somehow cancelling out the brain altogether for some moments. What might help is to use your hand to log the food before eating it. If you really want it, log it first and see if you can fit it in your daily calories - you might be able to eat less of it, or avoid it altogether in favour of real food later in the day. Portion control is tough, but the unconscious hand is the worst! Once you get used to logging ahead, I found it easier to fight off the urges. OR, try having one day per week or 2 weeks when you can eat whatever you want. I did that for the first 6 months I was losing weight, and very strictly stuck to my eating plan 6 days a week. When an urge or a craving came up, I could smile and say "that's for Saturday" (or whatever day you choose). On Saturdays I usually could not fit in all the things I had "saved up", but then I didn't really want most of them by then.

And curse that neighbour anyhow!!
  • jugar
    Options
    MrsBeckiC1 wrote: »
    Hey guys I’m a little behind, work, mum life lol have I missed anything? And is there anything I should have done by now? Thank you x

Welcome! I think part of the problems we had getting in touch was that your user name was wrong on our spreadsheet. Now it is all corrected, and your first weigh-in noted! You don't have to do more than just post your weekly weigh-in here in the team chat. But if you want to do more, your stories and telling us about you and what you're up to and thinking are great. Share as much or as little as you like, and fire away with any questions you have. Enjoy the team - there are all kinds of cool people in here :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    3/6 - 10,214

Hi @leni1us - do you have a step count for Monday the 4th? I can't find it...

thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    HOUSEKEEPING!

Hi all, here is your daily pest. My daughter wants me to get a tattoo with "Born to Nag" on it. I don't need one - we all know it's true!

overdue weigh-ins:
    @LiLee2018 (Monday)
    @MoStacy (Monday)
    @NikiDT80 (Tuesday)
    @Healthy67Chick (Wednesday)
    @kkmark (Wednesday)

Due today:
    @Cory17
    @Willrunformartinis

If I have missed you, just re-post - with my apologies!

Steppers - Keep those counts coming!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Threat Thursday - what is a threat to your getting fit or eating well? what's your plan?

I have a case of "used to be able to ...." blues needlessly gumming up a transition in exercise options. As much as I LOVE it .... I am transitioning out of using my jogging on the mini-trampoline / Wii Exergame LISS (relatively Low Intensity Steady State) as my primary cardio choice. I need to move on to something that is a higher-intensity (not necessarily impact) cardio option that burns hotter in a shorter time frame.

Enter the Figure Eight Core workout by Body FX .... based on latin dance-choreography / isolations. Apart from the music and a bit of finessing in "projected body language attitude" it is pretty much the same moves and proper form for other dance styles I already know.

Hence the problem .... the muscle memory is there, but so is the memory of past-performance abilities which get impatient with the time and practice needed to "wake up" long dormant neural pathways, so that I can once again Just Do It .... instead of having to Think It While Doing Feet + Core + Arms (plus occasional tempo bursts and other stuff that will be fun later on)

After all .... this IS my SECOND DAY at it!!!! (no emoji for "rolls eyes in exasperation with other-self")

Variation on classic "Former High School Star Athlete now middle aged and can't (read WON'T) understand why now unable to instantly and automatically perform at same level as younger self"

Sad really ... that I can even diagnose it perfectly and a distant part of me knows EXACTLY what I am doing to myself .... but I am doing it "front-of-brain" anyway.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    CW 215.4
    @jugar Thank you!! Your response left me laughing. I am going to keep doing. Posted that "NEVER QUIT" saying square above my desk at work and think will put it on my fridge at home. After I post about what I feel are "failings", somehow they are easier to stop doing as then I have to do better with it and overcome. Hate looking back and seeing how many months have passed without loss.
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Steps
    3/3 8,303
    3/4 13,674
    3/5 9,714
    3/6 9,725
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    They are all sooooo cute! I have a special place in my heart for chickens. We had one named Red that used to sit in front of our dining room window and watch us eat. She knew I would bring some leftovers to her. She LOVED pizza. Our neighbors dog killed her. I cried. But I have seven new chickens to love!
    Omg seriously sorry about all the typos. Hate doing this stuff from my phone. You get the idea of what I’m trying to say lol.

Allergic to cats not cars, my coco laid double yolked eggs.

Also, forgot to mention my current fur baby Jaxon who is 5 this October.

6y3tjaa87dvg.jpeg

Omg seriously sorry about all the typos. Hate doing this stuff from my phone. You get the idea of what I’m trying to say lol.

Allergic to cats not cars, my coco laid double yolked eggs.

Also, forgot to mention my current fur baby Jaxon who is 5 this October.

6y3tjaa87dvg.jpeg

• AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I looked at the spreadsheet and didn’t see my name.

My first weigh in is tomorrow and I’m so nervous because if I didn’t lose anything I know I will be discouraged. But I’m optimistic tonight!

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Options
    March 1---8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    I looked at the spreadsheet and didn’t see my name.

My first weigh in is tomorrow and I’m so nervous because if I didn’t lose anything I know I will be discouraged. But I’m optimistic tonight!

Trust the process. The scale can be frustratingly fickle, but if you eat below your calorie requirements, exercise and make healthy choices you will do great. It is persistence, not perfection, that wins in the long run. Up or down, we are here to support you, cheer your victories ... and yell at the stupid scale with you if it fails to budge in any given week!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in day Wednesday
    PW: 194.6
    CW: 191.6
    Happy dance!! So pleased hard work pays off!

Wahoo! Great job! Hard work sure pays off. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🎉🎉🎉
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps for march 7th
  • micki48
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    "fsyshqboyojp.jpeg

@Bear479 , your picture-pair sure show the above in action!

I really like that and needed it. Yesterday, I felt a bit out of control. Today, back on it. Yay
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 8,260
    Monday 9,753
    Tuesday 8,138
    Wednesday 6,359 😢
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
  • sue_01