WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Foodie Friday :)

Tonight I'm making one of my daughter's childhood faves. I'll be here only 3 more nights before heading back home to Québec, and we're eating

MISHMASH
    I used to make this for my kids to get them to eat more vegetables. It's easiest with a food processor to grate all the veggies, but any method will do!

Lentils (brown or green best) - cook a batch of the total amount you want (1-2 cups) depending on your family size. Just cook in water with no salt.

Grate finely:
    1 onion - keep separate
    2-4 carrots
    1 large wedge of cabbage (or more!) - red or green
    1 small sweet potato

Sauté the onion in 1 T. oil until liquid is mostly gone and the onion is sweet and translucent. I like to grate it really fine so it is almost just mush with no pieces, but any fineness will do.

Add:
    Mild curry powder, or a mix of cumin, turmeric, ground coriander seed, cardamom - any curry spices you like. Make it hot if you want. Put in some salt, and sauté until the spices are aromatic and it is slightly browned. If you like the curry a bit more tomato-y, add some tomato puree or 1 fresh tomato finely diced, and sauté until most of the liquid is gone.

Add:
    all the rest of the veggies

Cover and simmer until the veggies are getting soft, then put in the cooked lentils. Stir it all up and cook until quite soft. Adjust salt to taste, and sweeten if your veggies have not done the job. Sometimes I put in a bit of ketchup, but now that the kids aren't kids anymore, I skip that! Serve over rice or with naan. Or just eat it with a spoon.

Sounds yummy and healthy
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    March 1---8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps march 8th- 13,638
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hello
    @mari_moulin .... yes I have to post my steps for this week. I will post all of them by tomorrow with my weigh in.

Update on the green challenge
    Fitness/walking ✅- working out all 6 days and keep up with my steps
    Lift weights 🏋🏻‍♀️-✅- 3 times a week
    Water 💧- ✅
    Log good daily -almost ✅
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 166.6
    Current Weight: 165.9
  • BeckiCrock
    BeckiCrock Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Foodie Friday I grazed and picked at all the food yesterday....... self care Saturday I’m not going to punish myself for it just draw a line and start fresh today... also going to spend time with my kids the housework can wait x
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!

Treebek Saturday Weigh In: 197.2

Had kind of a crappy week on the scale and went back and forth between 197-198.8 all week 😢

I stayed consistent with logging and did great with food choices but the scale was just not my friend this week. I did not work out all week either so that could be it. Started TOM today so hoping this coming week works out better!
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Self-care Saturday -

Today I’m going to go to the gym and get a good work out and color my roots (they need it bad lol)

Also great news for me yesterday, I have been stressing because last month I did some fasting BG checks at home and my readings came back high so I went to my doc and got my blood checked and my A1C is totally normal! Not only that, my fasting BG level was in the normal range. So I’m not pre-diabetic and he said I don’t have to take metformin any more! I am so happy about this 😁
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 8,260
    Mon - 9,753
    Tue - 8,138
    Wed - 6,359
    Thu - 8,056
    Fri - 6,769
    Sat - still stepping😊
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Finally a Saturday without rain

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    MARCH GOALS!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖

Week 1:

Sun - 💧📖
    Mon - 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Tue - 💧📖
    Wed - 💧📖
    Thu - 🍎💧📖
    Fri - 🍎💧📖
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 10,419
    Mon - 25,228
    Tue - 5,265
    Wed - 7,340
    Thu - 9,993
    Fri - 8,236
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

Sorry team. I have struggled checking in this week. I've struggled with everything actually. My shoulder pain and issues have kept me down in the dumps all week and put me in a very self destructive mood. I have had no exersise since Monday, My intake has been blah but luckily I've stayed on top of my water intake. My shoulder is feeling much better now and i think the cortisone shot is doing its job. I hope next week will be better for me. This month will be very busy for me. Its my birthday month and we are planning a pretty big party. The party is 2 weeks from today. I have relatives coming in for it so we will have a full house for about 2 weeks. I will also be traveling to america after so will be absent quite a bit. I just hope i can manage to have small losses weekly or even to maintain for the month of March. Fingers crossed.

twujunin31yw.jpg

Week 1 - 🍀
    Week 2 -
    Week 3 -
    Week 4 -
    @mari_moulin

Don't beat yourself up, you're doing great. Happy Birthday and enjoy your time with your family.
    You will love America, hoping you're going somewhere fun. The weather here is getting warmer, we are getting back to seasonal temps. Enjoy your stay
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    This has been another good week, everyone - so far, with still a few weigh-ins to go, Team Waistaways has lost 29.1 pounds. Pick that up at the gym and you'll be really impressed! Do a few rows and deadlifts with it.

Only 1 Saturday weigh-in still due ( @kittu125 ) and I'm still hoping for the other late people from earlier in the week:
    @LiLee2018
    @MoStacy
    @NikkiDT9211
    @Healthy67Chick

Tomorrow is a new week, so let's get this one cleared up!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Department of YIKES!

Team Waistaways people!!!! We are responsible for the WEEK 2 Team Challenge. We Challenge the other teams and encourage members from across F2F to try something new, be accountable about something, post about something, or whatever we want.

I'll post a few ideas shortly, but I'm hoping for some from as many of you as possible - what would you like to challenge everyone to do?
  • Kittu125
    Options
    This has been another good week, everyone - so far, with still a few weigh-ins to go, Team Waistaways has lost 29.1 pounds. Pick that up at the gym and you'll be really impressed! Do a few rows and deadlifts with it.

Only 1 Saturday weigh-in still due ( @kittu125 ) and I'm still hoping for the other late people from earlier in the week:
    @LiLee2018
    @MoStacy
    @NikkiDT9211
    @Healthy67Chick

Tomorrow is a new week, so let's get this one cleared up!

@jugar i am here . Checking in for today
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday
    Starting Weight = 190 as if 2/1/19
    Week 1 = 188.2lbs
    Week 2 = 187.4 lbs
    Week 3 = 187.2lbs
    Week 4 - March 2nd- 185.2
    Week5- March 9th- 184lbs

Steps for week
    3/3- Sunday -3803 steps
    3/4-Monday-17687
    3/5-Tuesday-21862
    3/6-Wednesday-21169
    3/7-Thursday-15639
    3/8-Friday-12131
    3/9- 8120 until now will post later in evening if I get more steps in
  • Kittu125
    Options
    Department of YIKES!

Team Waistaways people!!!! We are responsible for the WEEK 2 Team Challenge. We Challenge the other teams and encourage members from across F2F to try something new, be accountable about something, post about something, or whatever we want.

I'll post a few ideas shortly, but I'm hoping for some from as many of you as possible - what would you like to challenge everyone to do?

Can we do a relay. We just did one I one of our Fitbit challenge. It’s simple stepping task or calorie burn tasks and whole team can do it.

Like 6 tasks for stepping and each have its own bonus points.

5 k -8k each day 10 points each day for each member that does it

8k-15k - 20 points

Something like that
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I've been away for the weekend and had no control over food. The food served was absolutely terrible: bread, friend chicken, lots of snacks, cakes and biscuits. I held on untill this afternoon but then seriously crashed. I was so hungry and there was all this junk, not a pretty sight....
    Now I feel terrible. I hope it hasn't ruined my week (it was going so well...)
This discussion has been closed.