Check In

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 Oh a surprise! That's exciting! Do you have feelings as to whether it's a boy or girl? Love the names and I think TJ is a cute nickname :)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 Love the names! Also, it's good to hear you made it through first trimester. Glad your doc got the carpal tunnel under control. Prenatal yoga sounds fun. It's awesome that you're going. I'm sure it'll be a great help to you now and in the future. I had a lot of dizziness too, but it wasn't my iron. It was blood pressure and blood sugar/hormone related. Breastfeeding still makes me dizzy occasionally, but it does go away. You're doing great!

@pezhed Glad you didn't get flooding so bad where you are.

Thanks everyone. Bruce's colic has improved greatly. The reflux comes and goes with growth spurts. Poor little guy had 3 baths yesterday because of it. And that's not mentioning the laundry...lol. I have yet to find a diaper he can't explodopoop through. The torticollis is also resolving itself as he gains more head control and muscle development. He is also regaining an interest in bottles. Hooray!

Despite all the rain, I am totally loving this season. It's so gorgeous with the very slow, late fall we're having this year. I got the fireplace cleaned out and have been taking advantage of all the wood from downed trees at the church. (Hubs and bro had to chainsaw through 7 or 8 trees on the church driveway to rescue pastor Ronny during one of the hurricanes.) I'm also looking forward to some new windows that will make the house more weather proof and improve the look. We're replacing 4 front ones first. Maybe replace some more in later years. The wood frames and molding are soft and damaged, as they are original to the house circa 1939.

@puffbrat I've read that too. I just didn't expect ME to be one of those couples that has trouble. If I say more, it'll be in postpartum chat. But anyway, things are resolved and better between us.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Baby Brooke Elizabeth came Jan 20 at 6:25 pm! I managed to go from 6 cm to 10 cm in about 5 mins and she was born so fast after that! More story to come in a few days.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Congratulations!!! :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Baby Brooke Elizabeth came Jan 20 at 6:25 pm! I managed to go from 6 cm to 10 cm in about 5 mins and she was born so fast after that! More story to come in a few days.

Congratulations!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @VeryKatie !!
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊🍾 @verykatie
  • VeryKatie
    edited January 2019
    Options
    • Baby's Name: Brooke Elizabeth Harris

• Date of Birth Jan 20, 2019

• Original Due Date: Jan 28, 2019

• Weeks Pregnant: 38+6

• Baby's Weight: 6 lb 8.8 oz

• Baby's Height: 20.1 in.

• Birth Story:
    I was feeling what i thought were braxton hicks starting around 7pm on Jan 19. Around 12:45 am a contraction was strong enough to wake me up. But i slept again till 3:30. After that i had contractions every 6 to 15 mins. I couldnt sleep through them but they were pretty mild so i thought since they were irregular and not getting more intense that they were still braxton hicks. Around 5am i got in the shower to see if they would go away. They slowed down to 2 per hour around 11 am so my husband went to work to finish something up just in case. My son woke up from a very short nap and was grouchy so i called my parents to come help since i was uncomfortable. They arrived around 2pm. At 3:45 i messaged him saying contractions were more frequent, like 6 mins apart but still not terrible. But that i would call the midwife to give her a heads up soon. He left work at 4pm and was home at 420pm. At 5pm he was looking at my contraction timer and was concerned that my contractions were too close together. They had a gap of 1 to 2 mins between them but only lasted 30 seconds or so. So he asked me to call the midwife and tell her were were heading into the hospital. Even the midwife didnt think it was time until i mentioned i was having rectal pressure. We left home while my son was eating dinner with his grandma and grandpa, parked at the hospital at 5:40 pm. We went in and found the L&D admitting area. The lady there took her sweet *kitten* time admitting me lol. My midwives also took forever getting there and changing into scrubs. When they firdt checked me i was 6 cm dialated but that i could be stretched to 7 cm. I had one contraction and then i said i needed to push and they just kept trying to check my blood pressure until i insisted. So she checked again after the next contraction and she exclaimed "oh youre 10 cm now!" So i dialated from 6 to 10 in one contraction. They rushed me on the gurney into the "fast delivery" room meanwhile i was asking for ALL the drugs lol. I hopped onto the bed into the room, pushed 4 times and bam had a daughter! Luckily i only had one tiny 1st degree peri-uritral tear. Recovery has felt pretty rough since though. But so worth it.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Oh and she was born at 6:25 pm so only 45 mins after we parked!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Yay for a fast delivery but sucks that recovery has been rough. I saw your news feed post, she's beautiful!! Hopefully recovery gets better. Congratulations again :)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie Thank you for posting this. It is nice to hear these stories. Congratulations again! Sorry people were being slow and not believing you, but that's great you had a fast delivery. I hope recovery gets better quickly!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I logged in primarily to see if you had a baby yet! Congratulations! That sounds like one heck of a contraction!

I’m 34+2 here and have had a pretty ideal pregnancy so far. I’ve been walking dogs a few miles a day, and I’ve gained a little more weight than I should have (I’ve already gained the 20 lbs I was allowed oops) but no one seems too concerned about it. I still have a lot to do to get ready for the little guy’s arrival but I still have some time. We got new carpet in all the bedrooms in our house yesterday. We aren’t too worried about setting up a nursery yet because we want the baby downstairs with us for the first 6 months or so. Husband and I have been doing everything we can to prepare for childbirth but it’s so impossible to anticipate I should probably focus more energy on how to take care of a tiny human. We do have breastfeeding class on Thursday so hopefully that will be helpful. I hope everyone here is doing well!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @pezhed it's nice to hear you are having a good pregnancy so far. I'm impressed by all of the dog walking you are doing.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed I'm glad you checked in and I'm glad you're having a pretty ideal pregnancy so far! It sounds like you're doing what you can to prepare, I'm also impressed by all the dog walking! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is just as ideal and look forward to your next update! =)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    We've all been quiet lately. How is everyone doing?

I have had 2 sinus infections the last 2.5 weeks. I'm generally feeling better but still super sniffly. Leo (the big one ;) ) is remodeling our master bathroom. I'm so excited! He did a really fantastic job on the other bathroom 2 years ago, so I know this one will be so nice when it is done. In the meantime it means us sharing one bathroom again, though, which we have rarely had to do the last 4 years.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I hope you feel 100% better soon! Did you take before pictures? I always like seeing before and after pictures of renovations! I hope it goes smoothly.

I don't really have any updates. It's all pretty much the same crap different day. haha.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @puffbrat I hope you feel 100% better soon! Did you take before pictures? I always like seeing before and after pictures of renovations! I hope it goes smoothly.

I don't really have any updates. It's all pretty much the same crap different day. haha.

Thanks Kayla! I seem to be on the long slow mend. I told my husband to double check we have before pictures but forgot to look for myself. We took pictures of the whole house when we moved in, but it was on 2 or 3 different cameras so they are really scattered and stored on 2 different laptops.

I hope you are at least doing well even though you don't have an update :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat You're welcome! Hopefully the mend speeds up a bit!

I appreciate that, I am doing okay. =)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    GAH! I can't stop eating this week! I have only been at or under my calorie goal 1 day this month and well over maintenance 4 days this month.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat stressed?